This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wpclean

Emloying part time ?
« on: March 17, 2011, 10:21:41 pm »
What is the  easiest way  to employ somebody part time without lots of paperwork ?

For example taking somebody on who is on benefits but doesnt want to lose them while they are training.

I know a young lad who is keen and wants to work for me but I do not have the work for a full time position, but could offer a couple of days work but am put off by all the red tape !

What are the rules employing part time regarding hours and pay to people on jobseekers ?

Thanks in advance  ;D

bobby p

Re: Emloying part time ?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 07:39:40 am »
personally id take him on cash-in-hand for 2 weeks . so many folk dont realize what the job is and they quit then  ,if you do it through all the paperwork and they jack/or you jack them !  youve wasted time and disrupted stuff.

im on my third part timer at the mo , already he is still in bed when i arrive to collect him .  one thing im sure of though,its an asset to have a helper ,its just difficult  finding a decent normal one

i spoke too soon ,,,,UPDATE -now lookin for number 4 ,  im sick of the sore throat,feeling drained,cant come to work excuses  from a 22yr old waster

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 07:47:27 am »
Im looking into this at the moment. Im thinking of taking my son on for a couple of days a weeks and pay him less than the threshold ( around 6400 a year going up to 7400 next year). That way you dont have to pay paye and ni for them.
You still need to speak to accountant ref filling in paye paperwork etc, but its very straight forward
(I already do this for Mrs).
Im also trying to find out what are grants available for employing someone from the dole queue.
You can't polish a turd

wpclean

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 06:43:16 pm »
Im looking into this at the moment. Im thinking of taking my son on for a couple of days a weeks and pay him less than the threshold ( around 6400 a year going up to 7400 next year). That way you dont have to pay paye and ni for them.
You still need to speak to accountant ref filling in paye paperwork etc, but its very straight forward
(I already do this for Mrs).
Im also trying to find out what are grants available for employing someone from the dole queue.
Good answer, thanks I will talk to my accountant.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 07:22:14 pm »
my accountant does the payslip at a cost of £3 a slip once a mth,she also does the ni/tax but as p/time havent had to pay any.lol

she took the weight off my shoulders, ;) ;) ;)so worth it

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 11:14:15 pm »
my accountant does the payslip at a cost of £3 a slip once a mth,she also does the ni/tax but as p/time havent had to pay any.lol

she took the weight off my shoulders, ;) ;) ;)so worth it

She cut your head off?  :o  :o  :o
It's a game of three halves!