Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

bang on 4 weekly?or losing money?
« on: March 17, 2011, 06:33:56 pm »
i have a lot of customers on 4 weekly but a lot of the time its more like 5 weekly.only exception is the odd summer month where ill be bang on time.

ive worked out im losing out on roughly 5 grand a year by getting behind. :o :o :o

ok really bad weather and holidays all get us behind but im seriously gonna try and get round on time.it probably works out about 3 grand more even with holidays and bad weather!

what about you guys?

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

H S and Son

Re: bang on 4 weekly?or losing money?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 06:39:09 pm »
I thought you worked to live.

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 06:42:47 pm »
i have a lot of customers on 4 weekly but a lot of the time its more like 5 weekly.only exception is the odd summer month where ill be bang on time.

ive worked out im losing out on roughly 5 grand a year by getting behind. :o :o :o

ok really bad weather and holidays all get us behind but im seriously gonna try and get round on time.it probably works out about 3 grand more even with holidays and bad weather!

what about you guys?

dazmond

I did the same thing as that a few weeks ago when the weather was bad; scarey isn't it; missing out on the price of a good holiday just because you're late.  :-[
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

cozy

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 06:43:09 pm »
Matt's got a point Daz, some you hit on time, some you don't. If you lose a few quid or a couple of K a year, will it kill you?  You're one of the guys on here that actually enjoys this malarky since you went WFP. Chill mate !! ;)

BORBRYCE

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 08:22:46 pm »
Since I went WFP, I always think 4 weeks is too soon, it comes round too quick for me. The glass is always still clean for a start and I got the impression some would rather I waited until there was at least some dirt on their windows to actually clean off. Took on some more work and now I go mostly 6 weekly and sometimes it can be seven, no one ever seems to notice to be honest. Money wise, I never seem to notice either. I look at my wallet and it is always big and fat these days so I just mosey on down the same road.

boldy1304

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 08:30:41 pm »
i tend to leave mine 5 weeks as i got fed up of hearing is it due again already even had some try to cancel saying it was to soon (even though they chose 4 weekly)

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 08:46:04 pm »
how do you guys who clean fortnightly go on?i used to have quite a few fortnightly customers(about 10 years ago now!)now 4 weekly seems almost too often!!

i agree wfp certainly keeps the windows looking cleaner!maybe its time to actively leaflet and canvass more work.i could probably fit another 3 days a month in quite comfortably.

new work is mainly 8 weekly as customers usually gasp at the price but dont mind paying if its on a longer frequency.

i think this is the way forward for my business now im mainly wfp.
price higher/work harder!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 08:50:31 pm »
4 wkly bang on! to the day! no poop!

Jackal

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 08:58:53 pm »
iv got just a few 2 weekly left and the only way you can keep these customers nowadays with prices of everything so high is to be cheap,dont think you will get many 3 bed semis at £10 every 2 weeks

i changed my round last summer from 4 weekly to 5 weekly as i was getting sick of the 'has it been a month already' since doing this iv had none say this,and windows are still clean

im considering when i cant fit anymore in to my 5 weeks to start slowly introducing  the 10 weekly at a 50% extra  

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 09:07:33 pm »
On the nail - 4 weeks same day and more or less same time - custy's love it !

the only reason to be late is heavy rain but have always caught them up within 5 working days.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 09:29:23 pm »
iv got just a few 2 weekly left and the only way you can keep these customers nowadays with prices of everything so high is to be cheap,dont think you will get many 3 bed semis at £10 every 2 weeks

i changed my round last summer from 4 weekly to 5 weekly as i was getting sick of the 'has it been a month already' since doing this iv had none say this,and windows are still clean

im considering when i cant fit anymore in to my 5 weeks to start slowly introducing  the 10 weekly at a 50% extra  

cant see many stokies going for this m8 ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Jackal

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 09:53:25 pm »
iv got plenty of custys who wouldnt mind me turning up every 10 weeks,but its getting the 50% extra coin off them thats the problem

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 11:14:15 pm »
Not usually - between 4 weeks and a calendar month for me. But my "two monthly" I'll sometimes do at 7 and a half to 8 weeks and get away with it.
It's a game of three halves!

Justen Uff

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 11:21:40 pm »
horses for courses - i've got people can't go to the golf course in the morning unless their windows are clean, others couldn't care and wonder why i'm still coming.  Funny old world

mattflashmatt

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 11:30:09 pm »
its not that hard. your keep all the old girls that want there windows clean every 4 weeks. and the others that say, o has it been a week already and u think u might loose. moove them to a 8 week clean there for your gonna be in there street anyway so you just clean them by monthly. f*** all that 6 weeks 7 weeks 2 weeks. its to hard to sort out. then there well happy because youve just cut there bill in half. but then the trick is to stagger your 8 weekly cleans in the same area. hope this helps and makes sence. and sorry about the spelling. fosters intake tonight dat off tomorrow

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 06:26:16 am »
MY 2 weekly whinge if iam late so i try to keep em bang usually just cleaning glass thats still clean ;D
Spit and polish