This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Carl2009

I've had 2 complaints
« on: March 17, 2011, 05:46:45 pm »
The first was from an 8o-odd year old lady customer who left a pooty ansafone message asking me to go back and clean her windows again because there were marks all over them (i'm WFP). I fone her to get her to describe the problem in more detail and I ask her to confirm the marks were not on the inside...

You've got it. I traipse the 8 miles down to her place first thing next morning and have a look at the outsides with her and sure enough I can see immediately the marks are on the inside. I mop and squeegee the inside to reveal a perfectly clean window, in and out. Apologies from her but no offer to cover cost of time and diesel.

Same thing happened last night. I get home to another pooty message from a pub landlord. Again I get him to confirm that the marks aren't on the inside and he says they aren't - and what's more they weren't clean last time (the first clean). Again I traipse up there to find that they are on the inside. Again apologies from the custie, but no money for time and diesel.

Anyone else get this?

CLEANCARE WC

Re: I've had 2 complaints
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 05:52:11 pm »
VERY RARELY BUT IT PEES ME OFF WHEN IT DOES. MAKES YOU WANNA CHARGE THEM DOESNT IT.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

S.A.J

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 05:54:46 pm »
Yes every now and then   I just bite my tongue!!

usually they are perfect customers after the embarrassment of the dirt being on the insides   

bobby p

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 07:10:35 pm »
id ABSOLUTELY fleece them after that,certainly skip any frosted windows from then on and also jack up the price citing rising cost of diesel or any other excuse youve heard about in the news -say your special waters made in Japan perhaps 

when i was new at this job, i remember an old black guy telling me his upper window still wasnt clean,but the insides were smeared with either lipstik or  hand lotion but he wouldnt have it.

tacky 1

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 07:37:14 pm »
u can please the custies most of the time .
 but u cant please the custies all of the time .
   theirs allways one or two .who just got to have a grumble .

scud

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 08:26:02 pm »
  I always ask them to check that it is not the insides, when they invariably say they have and it is on the outsides, I tell them I am happy to come and put right, but, if I come and find that it is indeed on the inside there will be a £10 call out charge plus my time on top.

From that they mostly check properly and confirm it is on the inside, a couple have insisted it is on the outside and then ended up paying the charge.

Jackal

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 08:36:52 pm »
im going to start charging at least a £5 diesel charge if the marks are on the insides i had about 6 custys tell me iv left marks last year and iv always said 'are you sure its not on the insides' they always say no iv checked and its outside but never is,pes me off now so easy just to check properly

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 08:49:52 pm »
we all get em fella  ;) move on.

dave f

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 07:20:53 am »
i did this cattery they aint been cleaned in years i first did em trad, i got a exrta tip any way after doing them wfp getting all the frames gleaming she started to get very picky i told her it would take a couple of shots to to get em bang on would she listen na am still doing em but if she winges once more its adios its a shame cos shes well fit ;D

Londoner

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 07:39:40 am »
I think we have all had that happen to us.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 08:01:10 am »
ive had it a few times.quite a few of the marks are not on the inside or outside but IN BETWEEN THE DOUBLE GLAZING!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Helen

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 09:50:02 am »
id ABSOLUTELY fleece them after that,certainly skip any frosted windows from then on and also jack up the price citing rising cost of diesel or any other excuse youve heard about in the news -say your special waters made in Japan perhaps 

Nice attitude....will get you far ::)

Carl2009 next time these are due, when you have finished ask the custies to check and ok things before you leave. You can politley add that although you understood their concerns last time, you cannot afford to be called back for something that was not down to you. I am sure they will understand and at least if they don't you have dealt with it in a courteous and professional manner :)

Tom White

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 12:10:03 pm »
ive had it a few times.quite a few of the marks are not on the inside or outside but IN BETWEEN THE DOUBLE GLAZING!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeh!  ;D

Carl2009

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 04:02:00 pm »
Seems we all suffer eh. Will take your advice Helen (but won't be taking the advice to fleece people).

Custies eh, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

Have a good weekend guys.

dave f

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 09:20:25 pm »
had a crap week one cancelled asked why ??? no reason. other cos it took me less time so they expected it to be cheaper. one as only just noticed ive been doing wfp after doing trad i picked up job of a guy who did wfp but made a balls up custy dint even know id changed over until her huby told her now she convinced wfp crap see what happens next clean its all gettin on me tts felt like sacking it now ive got to go out canvassing to replace lost custys >:(

christopher b

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 12:17:25 am »
some don't complain.
some guy turned up mid week  at neighbors house, did the lot WFP use to be trad. when he left I look and bl**dy hell were they bad.
I watched him he must have used a hell of a lot of water he never turned it off for one moment.
he slid the brush up the walls when extending but this didn't matter as the brush hardly touched the windows!
off he went and down came all the sh*t. and guess what they did not blink an eye.
I have always put off doing windows in own street just in case I fall out with someone
looks like I might have to or the Pratt will end up giving a bad reputation to those using WFP.

dave f

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 07:38:21 am »
just about to start a job ive been doing for ages custy came to me asked if i do her windows .ive recentley gone wfp so i told her i was she said dont do hers wfp it has scrached her windows ok i said' just buy coincidence who turns up at house across the road?? you guesed old wfp guy  just being nosey i watched in amaezment wached him set up brush on mankey floor the n when finished lent brush head on wall make no wonder he got the bullet from the house i now do .it just gose to show that sort of carelesness some people wont entertain wfp cos of a few cow boys

davidpitts

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2011, 08:16:14 am »
Hi Dave, just to put the record straight, the custy your talking about did indeed ascuse me of scratching her window , i did however explain it was impossible for me to have damaged her lounge window as i only cleaned her upstairs windows, she also said i missed a window upstairs which upon closer inspection had a broken seal and had condensation inside it, also when you saw me, my pole was lent against the fence with the brush in the air not against the wall, maybe from where you were standing it looked different and lastly i aint no cowboy i have hundreds of satisfied customers, Best Regards Dave. :) :)

dave f

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2011, 03:25:23 pm »
no offence wernt calling you personally a cowboy

Dave66

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2011, 04:37:45 pm »
how can they not tell its on the insides...derrrr  ::)
plenty of cream...plenty of sugar!