This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Re: A domestic how much
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2011, 11:11:20 pm »
£25 every 8 weeks. £30 first clean.
It's a game of three halves!

PureClean Window Cleaning Ltd

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2011, 11:27:10 pm »
£45-£60 easy has 50 + panes. 3 storeys too, right pain.

mattflashmatt

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2011, 11:50:29 pm »
its good to see that use window cleaners aint lowering the price of a clean,but come on. some one posted £50. WHO LIVES IN A HOUSE LIKE THIS. thers no way there gonna pay £50 a month. im wfp so ill be there 15mins fist clean 8-9mins on a reg. £16 for that house frames and sills. a guy on here said wfp glass only?how and why would you do glass only sell the system

Paul Coleman

« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2011, 05:18:05 am »
Before reading the replies, I reckoned on £23 for a 6 weekly.  This would go to £34.50 for 12 weekly (I don't do 8 weekly unless a 6 weekly ends up getting delayed).
However, if you were calling the bit of facia on the top bays part of the regular framework (up to the lead), then it would be a bit more.  Those little flat roof type bits can be a major pain with runs when there is no guttering.  Indeed I think I would point out to the customer that ingrained run marks may not come off.

dazmond

« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2011, 07:22:21 am »
mattflash i think your deluded mate! ;D ;D ;Dthere is no way you would clean that property in 15 mins first clean!it would take at least and hour IMO.then probably around 30-40 mins from pulling up to driving away on maintenance cleans.

if you were tradding it how much then?£35-£40?

window cleaning has definitely changed!wfp has made awkward bigger work cheaper!!
price higher/work harder!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2011, 07:59:28 am »
mattflash i think your deluded mate! ;D ;D ;Dthere is no way you would clean that property in 15 mins first clean!it would take at least and hour IMO.then probably around 30-40 mins from pulling up to driving away on maintenance cleans.

if you were tradding it how much then?£35-£40?

window cleaning has definitely changed!wfp has made awkward bigger work cheaper!!

It sounds like we have a similar view on this one Daz.  I was thinking 35 minutes for maintenance cleans to do it well.  If in a hurry and doing glass only - maybe 25 at a reasonable pace.  It's reasonably straightforward but those steps around the side would slow me down a bit as I would need to check my footing more.
I don't doubt that a maintenance clean could be done in 15 minutes.  However, this would be at a pace that I personally would struggle to sustain.  I don't see the point of rushing around, risking an accident on steps etc., just to gain a few minutes - and then having to take an extra break later because I've been working faster than I'm comfortable with.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2011, 10:25:10 am »
honestly no less than £25 cos ive got jobs at £25 smaller than this! but i'd like to think i'd get £28 to £30! im in east mids by the way

Im in the east mids as well and I wouldnt dare charge so much Id get laughed at, Id say £15 tops,
I once got told I was having a laugh for quoting £8.50 for a 3 bed semi with small extention I thought it was a fair price, she said "your having a laugh my old window cleaner charged £3.50" I just said ok then and went.
If your getting £25-£30 for houses like that well done to ya.

And some one who asked me what Id charge to do it trad I wouldnt touch it using a ladder looks deadly.

no disrispect mate but you can get more, i do! your underselling yourself brother!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2011, 10:28:13 am »
I am in east midlands and you can easily get 20-25 quid for that.I would not entertain doing that for 15 quid

amen sir!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2011, 10:31:21 am »
You might think Im cheap but Im one of the more expensive ones round me I get undercut on some or just get turned away for being to dear  :(

no mate your prices sound about bang on, someone once said on here...

if your getting a 50% take up on canvassing your prices are bang on! if less your too dear. if more your too cheap!

So the moral of the story is in business you have to excpct to be dearer than some and cheaper than other!

Regards GB

glen parva

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2011, 11:41:34 am »
here in leicester  i would easy get £25+ for that size house i get £8/10 for terraced houses  ;)

Richard Neal

« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2011, 07:23:11 pm »
In Essex thats a £25/£30 house and a 40 minute job for me,

at least an hour for the first clean all WFP.
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

Perfect Windows

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2011, 07:30:33 pm »
its good to see that use window cleaners aint lowering the price of a clean,but come on. some one posted £50. WHO LIVES IN A HOUSE LIKE THIS. thers no way there gonna pay £50 a month. im wfp so ill be there 15mins fist clean 8-9mins on a reg. £16 for that house frames and sills. a guy on here said wfp glass only?how and why would you do glass only sell the system

I'd be impressed if you could do it in 8-9 minutes.... 

Vin

Liam1990

« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2011, 09:29:48 pm »
Maybe I am too cheap or maybe every one round here are tighter than a nuns .........  ;D

Crystal-clear

« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2011, 12:20:09 am »
hmm i count 6 bay windows each bay has 12 windows i figure 72 pieces of glass on these bays only they will all need to be brushed,rinsed .not to mention all the rest its hard sometimes to get it right you look at it and think ye i can do that in decent time, and its well easy to under price it.

Quote alot of glass however these days i find new work a little bit price sensitive
i think £25 - £30 is fair,

its easy for me sitting here pricing but i bet i would have said something like £20 or £22 just to be on the safe side of getting the job which is silly.

but yea i think £25-£30 is spot on! good going!

awcs

« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2011, 08:08:12 am »
Nice to know that my pricing is right, but by what some of you guys are saying time wise sounds like i need to up my pace abit
I would be looking a good hour for this house. Even longer for the first clean

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2011, 09:23:00 am »
Nice to know that my pricing is right, but by what some of you guys are saying time wise sounds like i need to up my pace abit

me too

chopsie

« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2011, 01:20:35 pm »

me too
and me.
chopsie