Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bad trippy

What do you miss about your former job?
« on: March 17, 2011, 09:32:27 am »
As in title, what do you miss about your job/jobs before you became a shiner?
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

erithwc

Re: What do you miss about your former job?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 09:42:00 am »
i don't miss my last job i hated it i was a bus driver and because most bus drivers have attitude issues the public think your all the same, i used to hate fri/sat nights total nightmare nothing but a pain in the ass  :-[

VSP Home Care

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 09:52:20 am »
I couldn't do that for a living EWC, all them orrible chavs  ;D  I'd be out of a job in a day for filling the bus with oiks and driving it off a cliff  ;D

The grass is always greener as they say.  I don't ever want to see the inside of an office job again, horrible places full of twisted people looking to put each other down.

chopsie

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 11:22:48 am »
i miss regular good pay, holiday pay. working with others (its boring at times working on my own). I also enjoyed the work i did (most of the time) it was on construction sites. But i do not miss working away!
Infact i am starting to get bored sensless of window cleaning, very very unmotovated, I am lucky if i can be arsed to do 2 weeks work in total a month. Each week i say i am going to hit it this week, But it just dont happen  :-[
They say some people are not made to be self employed and i am begining to think i am one of them, But the hours suit my childcare needs and pays ok for the few hours i do  :-\
chopsie

Stevie G

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 11:23:26 am »
100k a year after tax. :(

VSP Home Care

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 11:33:15 am »
100k a year after tax. :(

Nice, but were you happier then or now?  I'll be giving up a good salary (not 100k  ;D) but for me the money is the last thing on my mind at the moment.

Being able to come home after a hard day's work and be happy with my day is worth way more than 100k pa if you could even put a price on it that is.

I'm just lucky that I have the chance and the choice.

Martin-Swinscoe

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 12:10:09 pm »
used to work in a factory, i've never missed the work but i do miss the banter that a load of blokes can muster up.

Tom White

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 12:46:56 pm »

I was a Staff Sergeant in a Warrant Officer's post, and I miss being able to spend the majority of my time looking good, but not doing very much, and being quite well paid for the privilege. 

Now I actually have to work for a living; sometimes anyway!  ;D

Lee GLS

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 01:01:24 pm »

Not today  ;D ;D

Steve_c

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 01:13:23 pm »
Don't miss anything. No nights. no double days, no back to work interviews,no disputes, no rubbish managers who have never put ink on paper telling you to work faster, no stress related illness ,no more looking over your shoulder to see if your have a job next week, no more working in a press room with no windows. The only thing i miss is my work mates. Who after redundancy none are working in the doom of print.

Tom White

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 01:30:39 pm »

Not today  ;D ;D

Car's broken down this morning.  It's good though, since we've decided to get a van; it's the push we needed to pull our finger out.

cozy

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 03:49:47 pm »
I always loved truck driving to other countries. The last job I had was Germany to UK. I loved being my own boss regarding working hours and where I parked up at the end of the day. Had all the little comforts TV,  DVD,fridge, etc etc. Every week was something new.
Some really good mates who used to meet up sometimes at different places/Countries. Watched Eddie Stobart series awhile back, That's nothing like reality. They would struggle in a proper job!!
International driving is totally enjoyable. Running between Birmingham and Wigan every day or crap like that would drive me nuts.

This window malarky is just better money and less hours, so more free time. Love that too. ;D

bobby p

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 04:04:03 pm »
was a mechanic,i miss the feeling of a job well done after shoehorning a new engine into a car and hear it burst into life .

charlie2

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 04:09:44 pm »
yes i miss the european .... sometimes driving nearly 20 years, driving all over the place. but how the roads are now im glad i jacked it in.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 04:13:39 pm »
The very last job I had before window cleaning was OK.  In some ways, it prepared me for being self-employed.  I was working (PAYE) for an advertising company in Lancashire.  I was covering the southeast.  As you can imagine, I rarely saw a governor - though he did turn up twice (in a year) out of the blue so it could happen at any time.  I was even allowed to make up  my own work schedule after a while as well.  So long as I visited all the supermarkets on the list on a 3 weekly rota (give or take a day) they were fine.  I had to phone in at the end of each day to exchange messages.  I just had to move adverts around on the boards, repair the boards if there was any damage to leaflet dispensers etc., and occasionally talk to a supermarket manager in a way that made him/her feel important.  The hire van they supplied I could have for my own use.  They paid all expenses - such as petrol - and re-imbursed me by cheque every week.  Once I got to know my way around, I just built the job into my lifestyle.  I would stop in some beautiful countryside places in Kent, maybe go strawberry picking, and most days were pretty easy.  The pay wasn't great but it didn't need to be because I had no debts or commitments back then.  I guess that going self-employed was a natural progression after that job folded.

The jobs I had before that were pretty naff, with one notable exception.  Again, I was out on the road doing low pressure multi drop (a lot more driving than dropping).

Even when I worked in the print I chose to work on a machine where I could work on my own so I suppose there is a pattern here  ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 04:17:29 pm »
company car,and a big pay packet :P :P

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 04:27:21 pm »
I was a cook in the Merchant Navy, working for the RFA. I loved the travel, the pay wasn't bad, especially considering everything was taken care of on board the ship and my sun tan always looked good ;D

I only left to be with my family; the wife had just given birth to our eldest and being away for six months at a time, even in places like Australia and the Caribbean, didn't appeal any more.

Once the first Irac war was over I came home and stayed home. ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

S.A.J

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 04:44:24 pm »
I'm yet to experience a former job, as I set this company up 2 weeks after I left school 10 long years ago so this is my one and only job a will be for a very long time  ;D

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 06:25:23 pm »
  F**k  ALL  and i mean F**K  ALL

My old job stressed my big time in charge off a warehouse full of men and ladies the first year and half was great everything getting done all orders were picked and packed two days ahead,  everyone was working for me and then.
The lady above me decide she did not like this and started to make my working life twice as hard so it made her look good when she had to sort thing out she was turning staff against me so the work slowed down messed with orders after another year i decide to stand down and by this point i was a wreck did not enjoy anything even my family life they had driven me down that much the best thing ever in my working life was when we were told that we were all getting laid off , she was crying and i was loving it could not wait to get out of that place. And the best thing is i clean her windows and few near her and guess what she pays more than everyone else  ;D

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2011, 06:34:34 pm »
nothing wat so ever never liked the control of the managers