This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cozy

Re: What do you miss about your former job?
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 06:35:28 pm »
  F**k  ALL  and i mean F**K  ALL

My old job stressed my big time in charge off a warehouse full of men and ladies the first year and half was great everything getting done all orders were picked and packed two days ahead,  everyone was working for me and then.
The lady above me decide she did not like this and started to make my working life twice as hard so it made her look good when she had to sort thing out she was turning staff against me so the work slowed down messed with orders after another year i decide to stand down and by this point i was a wreck did not enjoy anything even my family life they had driven me down that much the best thing ever in my working life was when we were told that we were all getting laid off , she was crying and i was loving it could not wait to get out of that place. And the best thing is i clean her windows and few near her and guess what she pays more than everyone else  ;D

Nice one  ;D

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2011, 06:38:03 pm »
I'm yet to experience a former job, as I set this company up 2 weeks after I left school 10 long years ago so this is my one and only job a will be for a very long time  ;D

Ten LONG years ago you left school and I was 33; now I feel very old :-\
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2011, 07:02:43 pm »
having a laugh with workmates!used to work for a landscaping company.loved going all over the north west!!

early starts (730am)and late finishes(6pm)and crap money were the downsides!

window cleaning is flexible,less hours to work to get a half decent income.no boss!!!very low stress!!perfect for me!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 08:53:46 pm »
i miss nothing, well maybe some company now and then but ive got me audio books and radio in my ear most days

amayze

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2011, 09:01:56 pm »
I miss my secretary bring me cups of coffee......now I just get customers to do it !!

Sean Dyer

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2011, 09:23:10 pm »
I miss being able to totally switch off , and the money going straight in your account

Dont miss being another number, earning crap money, and being expected to work your b******s off all the time for little or no recognition

My last job is no good now anyway, i did door to door canvassing, last year my bro in law went back to it for a week, and quit within a few days, said its to hard now, but then he has been wc for a few years to so probably hated going back to work for someone!

Johnny B

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2011, 09:05:51 am »
My last job was for a building services company based in the City of London. I was the van driver, so I delivered materials to the various sites, mostly in London itself.

The job itself was a doddle. Perhaps too easy. The company only had one contract, and when it lost it, it folded.

The tradesmen in the company were good guys and I got on well with all of them.

I enjoyed the driving so much, I applied to do the knowledge to become a cabbie. Passed the interview, but by then I  had become a shiner and never looked back.

John.   
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

perfectpanesplymouth

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2011, 12:33:02 pm »
Only a couple of things I miss from my last job and that would be being sat in a cafe at about 8 am waiting for my phone to ring to release vehicles I had clamped earlier in the morning. And no I wasn't a wheelclamper I was a bailiff collecting council tax and business rates. I did do parking fines as well but not very often. It was quite funny sometimes when we all met up for breakfast on Mondays and compared death threats that were on our phones from the weekend!

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2011, 12:48:01 pm »
Only thing I miss is the cycle ride to work and paid holidays/sick.
Don't miss the workmates that much, most were wind up merchants anyway, the rest would squabble over overtime and try and live in the place. Managers were mostly jumped up tossers, union reps were bent by the management particularly the national representatives. Glad to get away from the madness of it all and the lousy hours to be honest. 

Steve Sed

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2011, 04:03:08 pm »
The stress.

scud

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 06:42:50 pm »
  The money (it was alot), the nights away on an expenses financed jolly with no questions asked.

But most of all, my secretary, she was gorgeous and up for anything ;D

concept

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2011, 06:47:11 pm »
Partying with Premiership footballers, hanging out with footballers feeling important, having inside knowledge of football/clubs/transfers etc, getting VIP in clubs, free meals, loads of jollys of so many descriptions...

...don't miss not working Saturdays, Bank Holidays, being my employers "bitch", always having to play a suck up.

Hmm...actually it wasn't THAT bad...!!

Llaaww

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2011, 06:47:52 pm »
Big fatZERO for me
if it is dirty it is fair game

STEVE-UK

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2011, 06:56:41 pm »
not a lot really i used to work for a window cleaning company..the only regret i have is that i wish i left the job 6 years earlier  :D

Stevie G

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2011, 07:17:25 pm »
100k a year after tax. :(

Nice, but were you happier then or now?  I'll be giving up a good salary (not 100k  ;D) but for me the money is the last thing on my mind at the moment.

Being able to come home after a hard day's work and be happy with my day is worth way more than 100k pa if you could even put a price on it that is.

I'm just lucky that I have the chance and the choice.

oh belive i was happier then may be more stressed and prob led to me having a spine opp but i would swop anyday rather than cleaning
other peoples sh#t.

Ian101

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2011, 09:01:06 pm »
used to be a group buyer for a toyota dealer.

job was mainly travelling all over the country attending auctions buying cars / vans

drove about 50000 miles a year and stayed in travel lodges.

all expenses paid and left to do my own thing.

sounds great job dont it .... but very very boring and couldnt please any of the sales managers as either wrong colour / spec / miles etc.

oh and great pay as well.

do i miss it ... nope cant beat being own boss and building a sucessful window cleaning business  :)

rich fraser

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2011, 10:17:44 pm »
in september i will have been doin this job 9 years. it is all i have ever done. i dont feel i have missed out on anything. working under anyone and being told what to do has never appealed to me

Dean Taberner

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2011, 10:21:58 pm »
I miss the ladders and exercise.

Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2011, 10:27:40 pm »
The prestige that went with being a milk monitor.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2011, 11:00:03 pm »
The prestige that went with being a milk monitor.
bet you were a prefect as well  :D

Still got the badge  ;).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐