This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

are you a workaholic?
« on: March 17, 2011, 08:12:17 am »
looking at some of the start and finish times of some of you on another thread.do some of you really work 9 hours a day and work saturdays?

i know a guy who worked 830am -5pm mon-fri.then worked most sat and sun 10am-3pm.he still putting in a good shift at 65!! ;D ;D ;D

do you live,breath and think about window cleaning all the time?if not working are you constantly thinking about how to make more money and spend what little time you have left reading business books?

and finally what does your missus think about it all?are you on the verge of divorce or seperation?are you kids suffering cos your not around very often?

i work hard but it tends to be in fits and starts or i binge on work for a few weeks working mon-sat.then end up taking a few days off.or i try and get my work done in the week so i can have the weekend off.

i suppose anybody who might be a workaholic will be at work now!time for me to get ready(first day of the week for me due to van in the garage!)

best wishes to everyone

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Londoner

Re: are you a workaholic?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 08:29:14 am »
Workaholic? no! but if you are going to work you have to be serious . You can't just play at it.

Johnny B

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 08:40:34 am »
Looking at the hours some have said they put in, I seem to do more hours than most.

I love my job, but I am not a workaholic. I put in whatever hours I need to make a living for me and my family.

John.

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 08:48:31 am »
no im tee total

PAIN IN THE GLASS

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 08:49:50 am »
I agree with johnny as long as all the bills are paid, good food on the table, beer and whiskey in the fridge, and hols paid for plus day out money for the family. and chill out money thats all we are bothered about. It's no good working 24-7 and not being able to enjoy the money or being the richest person in the grave yard.

steven ainger

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 11:13:22 am »
no chance of being a workaholic here,
 thats why im on here now, and just going to have a round of golf  ;D

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 04:20:54 pm »
I don't think I'm a workaholic; not intensionally anyway. We do work long hours and I've not taken a full day off since 9th January; does that make me one :-\ ???
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

cozy

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 04:26:33 pm »
Dunno mate, if you had a job and they wanted you to work that long without a full day off since Jan 9th, how much would you expect to be paid? If you aren't earning at least that much, then you are a workaholic mate  ;)

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 04:29:26 pm »
I earn a very good living mate; the wife stopped nagging me a while back and if she's happy I must be doing okay ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 09:18:42 pm »
not any more..

in my previous career i did a stint of nights  12 hr shifts 7 days a week for 18 months ( 1 week break in the summer 1 week at Christmas )

lifes soooooooooo  much better now  ;D

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Richard Neal

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 09:25:16 pm »
I dont think im a workaholic but i do enjoy work!

i have been self employed for over 20 years (since i was 21) and have  always had to motivate myself to make a living, have put long hours in the past even 48 hr days once a week for a few months ( not window cleaning).
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

Griffus

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 09:33:39 pm »
I have to admit that I never really switch off. I was the same when employed but as soon as you take the plunge and set up a business then life outside of work all but vanishes.

I've not had a proper holiday for four years now, and can't imagine managing anything more than a long weekend with the family somewhere in the UK.

I guess the plus points are that I see way more of my kids than when I was doing 13+ hour days for someone else as my office is based at home. The only problem being that an 8 hour day takes up about 15 hours due to the kids being quite a distraction; they're aged 3 and 16 months!

PureClean Window Cleaning Ltd

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 11:31:21 pm »
think im getting there, 5 days a week 9-5.

Dennis Taylor

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 08:17:39 am »
Daz,
I set myself a weekly target of how much i want to earn, once i have done that i am happy with my lot. So the quicker i earn it the sooner i have some " me time " it normally follows that i work hard Mon, Tues and wednesday, probably working from 8.30 - 2.30 without any breaks to earn maximum amount of money. then the rest of the week is a doddle and always home by dinner time.
If i work a saturday it is only for a couple of hours and has to be a very well paid job i.e gutter clean, facias or conservatory roof or a pressure clean job.
I enjoy my job most of the time but i enjoy the freedom i get to enjoy my free time even more.
WFP speeds everything up so it is easier to earn more in less time as i'm sure you have found.

Regards

Dennis

bad trippy

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 08:19:45 am »
Im a alcholic  ;D
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Frankybadboy

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 12:01:35 pm »
Im a alcholic  ;D
yes right  :P :P :P :P

i found out the hard way being a workaholic

used to work 7 days a week get divorced and have fook all to show for it,i learnted the hard way. ::) ::) ::)