This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gary evans

RO That works from tap water in tank
« on: March 17, 2011, 06:56:50 am »
Hi All

Looking for an RO that works from tank pump. I know about DI, but, thats expensive option. Ionics have a portable RO the Quattro which sounds similar to what i need, & thats 2k. This gives option to fill up on site but, what i,m after is to utilize 1 vehicle for many tasks. i.e. pressure washing.

This means the van can just be filled from tap, pressure wash, then connect RO &clean windows after. Sounds a good idea perhaps i should of Patented it. ;)

Thanks in advance.

Gary

SPE

Re: RO That works from tap water in tank
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 09:38:17 am »
is a good idea in theory
and one I had thought and asked about when I started out due to living in a flat and parking problems etc.
but in practice maybe not as most ro's typically produce a high ratio of waste to pure so e.g. a 600 ltr tank may only be giving you approx. 200 ltrs of pure. That would mean carrying extra weight and water that you will essentially be throwing away (and finding a drain to put it down)
However have a look at this
http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/P1000_P2000_Portable_RO_Units.html

if I've understood correctly you would only need to add a 60 psi pump inline between the tank and the ro

Simon ;)

VSP Home Care

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 11:44:50 am »
Interesting concept that I'm sure has been done somewhere.  I've still to set up my RO unit at home so I'm no expert.

But if you have to carry your water to site and can't connect up to a mains supply for your power washer, what about using the waste output of the RO production for your power washer and the pure water for the pole work.  Setup the RO system in the van with one feed tank and two output tanks, run it from a bank of leisure batteries in parallel.  But it depends on how much you need to use and how much you can produce/carry I guess.

Is the ratio 4-1 waste to pure?  I assume your power washing drive ways rather than buildings.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 11:47:23 am »
Hi All

Looking for an RO that works from tank pump. I know about DI, but, thats expensive option. Ionics have a portable RO the Quattro which sounds similar to what i need, & thats 2k. This gives option to fill up on site but, what i,m after is to utilize 1 vehicle for many tasks. i.e. pressure washing.

This means the van can just be filled from tap, pressure wash, then connect RO &clean windows after. Sounds a good idea perhaps i should of Patented it. ;)

Thanks in advance.

Gary

What is your tap water TDS?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 10:11:55 pm »
Pure water isn't expensive,.. I powerwash with it all the time.