This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jefftemperley

what do you think my round is worth
« on: March 16, 2011, 08:00:20 pm »
Hi all

ive not posted for a while now as ive been busy learning to daytrade on the stock market, ive been chewing over selling my business lock stock and barrell  04 renault trafic 68k miles(currently getting a new gearbox and clutch) website (www.bigredmonkey.co.uk)
 with diy hot (l5) 650l system ibc tank and merlin wcp program etc

round turnover forecast is £49,500 its 99% domestic and takes about 2 weeks a mth if working properly but if im honest i tend to do 3/4 days a week and finish between 1pm and 3pm depending on my motivation levels!

im interested in your opinions on its value the round is roughly 6 yrs old.  ive been prompted by a friend of my brother in law whos made me an offer and i thought id put it out amongst you in case someone might be interested

im based in colchester and have work spread in several villages and towns

look forward to some sensible comments
bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: what do you think my round is worth
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 08:02:47 pm »
Round forcast?

What was the last year final?

Mike_G

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 08:47:02 pm »
Day trading?

I'm going to be direct.  You must be barmy.

All from the US, but all valid:

A study by the North American Securities Administrators Association suggested that only about 11.5% might trade profitably.

(from http://www.fool.com/investing/small-cap/2004/12/27/daytrading-dangers.aspx )

Don't believe claims of easy profits

Day trading is an extremely stressful and expensive full-time job

(both from http://www.sec.gov/investor/pubs/daytips.htm )

A guy I used to work with about fifteen years ago did it and was back working in under a month.

Still, it's your funeral.  And your round is (like anything) worth whatever someone will pay.  Sounds daft, but it's true.  A true share dealer would know that.

I agree, there is not too many that make much dosh out of this. I take it you have already had a good trial run trading to make the decision to sell up? And for what its worth, surely the markets are due a bounce after the last few days! As for what your rounds worth, quite a lot by the sounds of things

jefftemperley

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 09:27:06 pm »
day trading i turned a demo account of 10k into 28k in 6 wks thats what pricked my interest, that may well have been beginners luck and im inclined to think it was as ive been soaking up books and info on trading forums and i think on several trades it was purely luck.

as for the round ive got 325 jobs at various frequencys i ran a report on window cleaner pro for what the jobs are worth from today to the 16th mar 2012  and the amount was £49,899 for a total of 2588 cleans which gives an average of £19.28 per clean
215 cleans per mth

ive averaged the same amount of work for the last 3 years

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 11:03:58 pm »
If your good at day trading, and you might be, and just because many fail doesn't mean you will. IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING.

But if you are going to take it on, then you need a second job, you cant just day trade, purely because as a beginner you will always want to be in the market and sometimes you cant do that, and if your not rich enough to ride out the least successful times you need a second income.

Get someone working for you or with you and take it from there

jefftemperley

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 11:27:56 pm »
Alex

You are spot on and that was/is my original plan, just with an offer on the table I'm a little tempted to take it.

I'd then have free time to take off on training courses then canvass a creamy round again to boost my income

Londoner

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 08:02:22 am »
The trouble with trading, and believe me I have met loads of city traders when I was taxi driving,  is that you only have to be wrong once. I have driven several home with all their stuff in a cardboard box after they have been sacked.
You don't hear about the ones that fail. For them they have just lost their job, not their life savings. Its gambling, no matter how much they wrap it up in bull****.

Would the world's banking system be in the state it is if it were that simple?

If I were you I would stick to window cleaning a bit longer then if you want to chance your arm risk a grand or so but treat it as an elaborate computer game.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 08:31:00 am »
so are you saying jeff that if you work hard for 2 weeks a month itll bring in 4 grand?2 grand a week!!! :o :o :o

thats one hell of a round if it does as your figures are suggesting.does anybody else earn anywhere near this amount as a one man band?

it sounds too good to be true!50 grand a year is one hell of a window cleaning round!!!

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Sean Dyer

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 08:51:28 am »
so are you saying jeff that if you work hard for 2 weeks a month itll bring in 4 grand?2 grand a week!!! :o :o :o

thats one hell of a round if it does as your figures are suggesting.does anybody else earn anywhere near this amount as a one man band?

it sounds too good to be true!50 grand a year is one hell of a window cleaning round!!!

dazmond

Thats what i was thinking daz haha

It does seem rather high for one man, 400 a day day in and out, and you finish at 1-3

Seems alot, but maybe?

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 07:21:15 pm »
he must mean with a helper.remember as well his round valuation over the course of the year means if you get round BANG ON TIME! ;D ;D ;D

still 2  full weeks work a month(99% domestic) to earn 50 grand a year still sounds too good to be true.

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

VSP Home Care

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 07:57:08 pm »
The best advice you'll ever get regarding trading in general is don't ever risk what you can't afford to loose.  Never borrow to invest and certainly never sell up one good thing to fund an investment on the markets.

Day trading requires a large lump of capital trust me, once you've worked out your costs and set your stop losses and paid everyone in between, then your left with your capital and your profit.  You need to be trading in high volumes to make a good average profit.

Your best option is to start with a small amount of money that you could afford to lose in the worst case scenario.  Spread that over 5 companies, a grand each say.  Then monitor it closely, I once went to bed watching Regus "RGU" and woke up in the morning to 50% down, then sat there all day watching it slip further.   A month later I was up about 120% but it was a very scary month  ;D

Take your profits from your 5 companies and use that to day trade, remember to take your capital back out.  Then you're playing with money that's not yours to lose  ;D

Trouble is, when that playing money starts to get a little large you start dreaming about car's and motorbikes and panic and sell the lot before you lose it  ;D

Oh and one other thing, even if you have a mate on the inside of a trading room talking to you on the phone, you'll never beat the systems they have setup at their end and the volumes they trade in  ;D

Richard Neal

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 09:19:58 pm »
Hello Jeff,

We both cover the same areas of Colchester and Villages ( i have seen you around a few times) i wouldnt be interested in the van but i maybe interested the round to rent or purchase, you can contact me on mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk.

Regards

Richard
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

Londoner

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 07:12:21 am »

Oh and one other thing, even if you have a mate on the inside of a trading room talking to you on the phone, you'll never beat the systems they have setup at their end and the volumes they trade in  ;D

Absolutely right, You can never as a one man band have the intellence gathering ability of the big boys about what really going on inside all these different companies. You are reduced to reading the financial papers and that is old news by the time it gets to you.
Also, day trading and forex trading are the new bandwaggon, everyone is jumping on it at the moment. In many ways its the latest get rich quick scheme. 

Crystal-clear

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 12:42:53 am »
Hard to say mate but ill try give you an idea

2 main things
IF its all established as you said for a few years
IF you dont need to call or text them before clean (Or at least 90%)

These 2 above things will keep the price higher for sure if you ask me.

and the day rate is good i would say 25k is reasonable about 6 cleans minimum.

to be honest with you people with such rounds as yours sell them for 10x so 40k even it all depends how much someone is prepaid to pay you and how soon you wana sell it.

it sounds like you have worked hard to build it up why dont you rent it out or employ someone then you can free you time its a good round so you got alot of options ,

Good luck