This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobby p

Re: condensation in double glazing
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 05:18:07 am »
Last year a window guy approached me on the street,he was going round replacing blown units and wanted me to refer customers ,for a rake off.he told me he had had a big ESSEX window firm but had lost it all somehow , a few years ago .   i dont like pointing out faults to my customers such as blown units,cracked glass ,peeling paint or bullet holes , though i do see his point that i could make extra money by referring

the very worst window i clean on my round is a double glazer that was shot almost in the centre by a neighbours lad. its cracked 4 ways ,corner to corner , and looks terrible as its got dirt now on the inner surface  

VSP Home Care

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2011, 09:32:38 am »
Price it and replace it Bobby  ;D  It's all money and some of them charge the earth, I priced a job for a friend the other week, I could earn an hours wage out of it and still save her £100 on the price.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2011, 07:06:50 pm »
Let get rid of the miths.

Yes, let's, I hate miths.

The reason why the worm moisture laden air inside the glass will condensate on the glass around the sides and bottom of the frame is because the aluminium inner frame of double glazing is a good conductor of cold temps.

A properly made sealed unit has no "warm moisture-laden air" inside it.  It should be full of dry air.  No amount of cooling or heating will get moisture out of dry air.

This is not guess work its fact.

It may not be guesswork but it's certainly not fact.

You will not find this happening in summer.

Well, I must be doing something wrong because it does happen in summer.

Apart from those, I agree entirely with you.

Vin

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 08:53:33 pm »
[b]Perfect window: If you ant to edit my work then do me the courtesy to read my thread properly .I was talking about the moisture on the inside of the room not between the glass. Spec savers still have a special on glasses 2 for one, blind superman. ??? ???

VSP Home Care

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2011, 09:28:33 pm »
[b]Perfect window: If you ant to edit my work then do me the courtesy to read my thread properly .I was talking about the moisture on the inside of the room not between the glass. Spec savers still have a special on glasses 2 for one, blind superman. ??? ???

Your posts refer to moisture build up between the sheets of glass not inside the room.  As you say Ali is a good conductor, although don't forget the thermal seal break in the frame, that's supposed to stop it but I agree if there's a blockage then water will pool and breach that break allowing cold transfer..

Perfect Windows

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2011, 07:10:22 pm »

So you post about interior condensation when everyone else is talking about blown seals and I didn't read your mind to work out what you were talking about?

You're so right, I must be blind.

Vin