This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mark stephen

ringing customers???
« on: March 13, 2011, 04:57:59 pm »
gettin ready for tomoz.texting customers so they can leave money out.picked up customer this week,they both work 6 days a week,so ive just rang them.can u leave money out as im cleanin ur windows tomoz.theyve took the huff bcus ive rung them.she said ill text u.sick of chasin money thats why i txt or ring the day b4.(i get a2nd sense when it comes to bad customers????) :(

Darranvps

Re: ringing customers???
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 05:19:49 pm »
Best advice

NEVER RING/TXT THEM BEFORE YOU GO - unless you really have to.

We used to clean 100s of houses a month, and never contacted any of them the night before, we just turned up every 4 weeks and cleaned them, that way nobody ever said - oh not this time thanks! Get the drift ;)

For me it just seems like a complete waste of your valuable time.

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 05:29:26 pm »
I couldnt agree more about customers saying 'not this time thanks' etc etc
but.....
If I dont ring / text my customers the day before I then waste valuable time having to go back because the gate was locked and customer went out so back of house didnt get cleaned.

So I think it's better to call in advance to avoid wasted journeys

Mark stephen

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 05:40:13 pm »
thanx i know what u mean.over the last few months have had a few new cutomers on the 1st clean not wantin 2 pay.such as got no money,call back or ill post it through ur house etc.

G Griffin

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 05:53:51 pm »
gettin ready for tomoz.texting customers so they can leave money out.picked up customer this week,they both work 6 days a week,so ive just rang them.can u leave money out as im cleanin ur windows tomoz.theyve took the huff bcus ive rung them.she said ill text u.sick of chasin money thats why i txt or ring the day b4.(i get a2nd sense when it comes to bad customers????) :(

Have you only got one other sense?  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Wc Solutions

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 05:55:47 pm »
like anything it can work well and also not so well.

best way is to work out whos best do ring and whos best not to ring....

we do a lot of ringing and works very well for us .... on average we only have around 5 - 8 houses to collect a week from phoning most of the houses ahead...

lcwalker

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 06:02:35 pm »
What annoys me is we phone before we go to leave the money out get there and they haven't left it also it's the job i hate most loads of little pains and upstairs only.
I know people forget but it's about the 3rd time it's happened i would consider dropping but my round isn't that big yet but i am leafletting tomorrow fingers crossed ill pick up a few.

Mark stephen

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 06:04:04 pm »
ive got no sense if i keep picken up bad payers ;D

Mark stephen

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 06:29:28 pm »
they no the job gets done thatswhy my regular customers leave the money out. ;D

brianbarber

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 06:35:11 pm »
I only text half a dozen , rest just turn up, one cushy very often will say leave it this month, so I would advise turn up and clean, unless you rely on them leaving cash for you,
I just get em to send cheque.

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 06:42:29 pm »
I do ring / text customers - saves me time in the long run.

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 06:43:31 pm »
We give customers the option of paying online by giving them our sort code and account number. Not had any problems in 2 years of doing this.

Also if you have a paypal account, get email addresses for your customers and then you can bill them via Paypal. They don't even need a paypal account because they can pay using a credit card.

That said some custy will still try their hardest to get out of paying. Eventually after getting paid we drop these customers

Mark stephen

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 06:45:11 pm »
i onlly txt customers which are difficult to get in,money gates etc

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 06:47:18 pm »
I'm the same as you Mark. About 20% of my customers require a call / text the night before

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 07:02:40 pm »
i dont give them a alternative i just remind them i have to do this on a mthly basis so kiss my arse custie ;D

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 07:06:11 pm »
A & J where are you based?

Steve_c

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 07:09:49 pm »
I phone all my customers the night before, they love it and appreciate it. This makes payment it easier for those who don't pay on line. Gates unlocked is what you want, not locked, i would be sacked if i climbed over a locked  gate at most of my customers. Some are very high end and have electronic gates and absolutely insist on a phone call. Phone your customers up and that definitely equals no collection, we also give our commercial clients a courtesy call a few days before we are due. Works for me

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 08:34:29 am »
i text (or phone if they dont have a mobile) 95% domestic custys the night before, to say leave access to all windows and doors and pay in the arranged place!

works well for me and rearly get a "not this time" bad custys are bad custys no matter what you do!

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 10:02:55 am »
i ring and text the odd one or two for access reasons.i dont have any customer who leaves money out in a pre-arranged place.SAE/BACS transfer or collecting.

i prefer the freedom of not pre notifying as sometimes you wont get round due to weather or you fancy an early finish.

im never bang on time rigidly every clean.i prefer the flexibility of running my business this way.less stress,more freedom equals happier i am!!

very rarely get a "not today" as by the time they get to the front door to tell me not to clean them ive already done the front windows! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Richardsons Clean

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2011, 06:04:56 pm »
i do the same mate