This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

luther1

Re: New RO system with DI i cant get TDS below 35
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2011, 08:09:16 pm »
Your di was probably filled with regenerated resin to keep costs down and with a tds of 600 it would get 'spent' very quickly. Even a decent resin wouldn't last long.

We're not arguing,just having a friendly debate. No malice intended towards each other

luther1

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2011, 08:17:58 pm »
Btw,i don't confess to know everything and there are certainly people who know much more than i do but i've been wfp for nearly 10yrs now and have encountered nearly every problem along the way,had nearly every make of van,pole,equipment and will always try to help,as others have done for me. :)

lcwalker

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2011, 10:05:52 pm »
The DI vessels came as did the resin i now have a reading of 000.The 10" DI canister must have been useless i have left it in the housing is that wise? or could it also be filled with new resin?.

Panorama

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2011, 10:35:40 pm »
at this moment you are getting a reading of 000 with the following set up.  RO into 1st DI ( with your original resin ) into NEW DI ( with brand new resin ) then pure water into IBC. when your tds starts to creep then do following................... RO into NEW DI ( with resin ) into your original DI ( with brand new resin ) the pure water into IBC. doing this will exhaust your resin and save you money in the long term

lcwalker

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2011, 10:55:41 pm »
at this moment you are getting a reading of 000 with the following set up.  RO into 1st DI ( with your original resin ) into NEW DI ( with brand new resin ) then pure water into IBC. when your tds starts to creep then do following................... RO into NEW DI ( with resin ) into your original DI ( with brand new resin ) the pure water into IBC. doing this will exhaust your resin and save you money in the long term

Hi my system runs through the RO through the 10" DI then to a DI vessel with new resin on to a second DI with new resin into the water storage tank.

Panorama

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2011, 08:59:21 am »
 ::) and at this moment it's reading 000 ?

bad trippy

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2011, 09:38:22 am »
Check that the di vassell in its cannister is the right way up, if its the correct way up and the tds is still high then refill with new resin.
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

dd

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2011, 05:22:45 pm »
The DI vessels came as did the resin i now have a reading of 000.The 10" DI canister must have been useless i have left it in the housing is that wise? or could it also be filled with new resin?.
Just don't leave the old resin in it as this will add contaminents to the water.

GoodFella2006

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2011, 06:39:21 pm »
The RO setup you bought seems like have 2 pre filters and DI.

I believe usual RO has 3 pre filters CLICKY

You might buy that missing filter and add a seperate DI unit

I don't know if that extra pre filter makes a change.

Also the DI resin came with the setup might be rubbish.

Get a liter of quality resin like this.

david willis

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2011, 07:29:33 am »
Hi ive just fitted my new RO system together ran it without the DI as i was instructed to in the manual got it down to the 40s then fitted the DI and it still reads 35.
What am i doing wrong do i have to let it run longer to get a low level my tap water is around 600, if someone could help i would be very gratefull thanks in advance.

Hi

Water round where we are is usually at about 350

We have the water going through a water softener system first before it even hits the RO/DI etc, might be worth trying that

see link for example
http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/complete-water-softener-kit-with-25kg-of-salt-p-305.html?wizid=82qnvhfcdglpfdskbmunsjrtp1