This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pure Glass

Got a dodgy back...?
« on: February 27, 2011, 10:27:18 pm »
Just about to go over to WFP and my backs been giving me some jip over the last week.....does WFP put any different pressure on your back than trad?

Im getting an SLX 30 and 18 and I have a Pure Freedom supplied 18ft to try and lessen the strain

My lower back is the problem, just wondered if you have similar problems and are WFP users

Ta

Pole 2 Pole

Re: Got a dodgy back...?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 10:37:03 pm »
My back pack sorted my back problems out. I couldn't get out of bed some morning. I really believe that helped to straighten up my posture.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 10:44:11 pm »
i usually do a bit of light yoga in the mornings and a bit in the evening.keeps me pretty supple and  i dont get much back strain and i lift 25L BARRELS day in/day out with my trolley system!!

bending knees and lifting them correctly is the key but you will use your back more using wfp with the nature of poling and reaching over conservatories even if you use a van mount.bending over picking hose up etc

just take it easy.ive found yoga really helps.

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 10:48:22 pm »
youl be ok with the slx's m8 ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Helen

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 10:57:44 am »
If you do it right there should be no strain or pain whatsoever on any parts of the body. Of course initially you may get aches in muscles you didn't know you had before. If after a while of use you get pain then adjust your technique until you don't....no good doing permanent damage and end up crippled in later life :)

p1w1

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 12:10:33 pm »
They only strain on your back will probably lifting hose real in and out every day that may cause some strain but I find It's more my neck that can get sore and stiff allot of the time due to looking up all the time cleaning 2nd floor and above windows this has happened over a number of years to the point I now get a sports message at least once a month to help so personally I would say do something like that should keep things supple.
Paul

T1M_

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 03:29:12 pm »
yoga is a good call. i had to quit weight training and hit the yoga classes at the gym. has def helped. you need to stay supple. light pole and bent knees all the way...

dd

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 03:58:24 pm »
I use a van mounted hosereel so never lift it in or out of van.

Yoga/pilates would be good preventative exercise.