This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kenny83

Chemicals/detergents for upvc??
« on: February 27, 2011, 08:03:57 pm »
Hi, I do mainly pressure washing but also get the odd conservatory to clean, I use a cheap version of  a wfp, only mine works form a tap, does the trick as I just squeegee the windows off when I'm done. I was wondering what detergents are best to clean them, mainly the upvc, as sometimes I've noticed  grey/dirty ingrained marks on the pvc when I've finished, is there any chemical out there that gets them back to there gleaming white?
I always wash form the bottom up, but it still happens...
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

AC Window Cleaning

Re: Chemicals/detergents for upvc??
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 08:15:41 pm »
Use a upvc cream cleaner or jif 1st then use upvc solvent cleaner afterwards,or try solvent 1st but it usually takes alot of effort so the cream cleaners are better as they have very fine grains in to shift stubborn stuff

Kenny83

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 08:20:40 pm »
Thanks mate, but how would I do this on the roof? Thanks
Pressure Washing -

AC Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 08:53:19 pm »
You need to get access onto the roof to make a good job of it properly.Obviously the polycarbonate roof sheets cant take your weight but theres combination ladders that extend/bend/reach into all sorts of angles and sizes to get better access safely.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 09:06:48 pm »
TFR will remove most marks on the roof - they are rarely ingained black on the spars - spray it on, wash it off
use a non caustic.

what you do is also price dependant - a roof clean/wash is only going to take 30mins to a couple of hours - size depandant a full conny valet re whitening all the upvc is a days work +++

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

AC Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 09:13:57 pm »
Whats Tfr mate?? not heard of that before

Kenny83

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 11:17:54 pm »
TFR is traffic film remover, a sdegreaser used to clean cars/trucks etc, I already use that to clean conservatories, it works great, but still the ingrained mark, I know that upvc cream will clean it, but you have to wipe it on/off, hwich makes it hard to use on a roof unless you have the conservatory ladders... I just thought there may have been some kind off chemical that I could just spray on the plastic, brush to aggitate, then simply swill off, leaving a show room condition conservatory.
Pressure Washing -

AC Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 08:36:27 am »
I dont know of/have ever heard of any.Just elbow grease im afraid

VSP Home Care

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 12:07:59 pm »
If you have a power washer and a friend with a dirty conservatory you could always try some of the various "snow foams" available.  I've used them quite a lot on cars and they are ok ish, nothing beats elbow grease though.

But it has to be worth a bash.  You could always head over to www.detailingworld.com a car detailing forum, ask them as it's very likely one of the snow foam guys will have tried it out themselves when bored on Sunday afternoon  ;D

Kenny83

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 03:55:10 pm »
Thanks guys, I know of a snow foam nozzle I could buy, that turns almost any detergent into soap, might look into that.
Pressure Washing -

Ian101

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 05:59:45 pm »
If you have a power washer and a friend with a dirty conservatory you could always try some of the various "snow foams" available.  I've used them quite a lot on cars and they are ok ish, nothing beats elbow grease though.

But it has to be worth a bash.  You could always head over to www.detailingworld.com a car detailing forum, ask them as it's very likely one of the snow foam guys will have tried it out themselves when bored on Sunday afternoon  ;D

power washes and conservatories dont go well together as i understand that a power washer can/will wreck the seals

VSP Home Care

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 06:35:34 pm »

power washes and conservatories dont go well together as i understand that a power washer can/will wreck the seals

You're probably right there, I've seen them take the mortar out the wall  ;D  The snow foam only comes out at rather a slow speed, no pressure really so I'd think it will be fine as long as he uses his pole and brush to rinse.