Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kwackers

Re: Business Plans
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 12:35:46 am »
If you type barclays business plan in google it brings up a good template. personally if your already running I wouldn't bother...Just aim and the goals/aims section of a plan and work out how you will get their.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 10:53:12 am »
keep clean

I'm a bit lazy so i don't actually have a business plan at the moment.But i have studied every  aspect as i notice you are doing.The best people tend to be those who've done it a few times. Like groundhog day every time a saphire or an ian l restarts they are just that little bit better than the time before.Yet it's human nature to think what we do can't be improved on.

A few key points for me are.

This job has only three aspects,Marketing, oprerations, and admin

what i do should be as easy a possible for the customer- frictionless

The quality of doing business with me should be easy to discern (hint your other post)

My business should compel customer referrals

I have to be cheaper than everyone else

That's the only bit I would disagree with, Slumpy - you would have to be nearly giving it away!!

I think you should aim to be the cheapest at your level of service i.e. make sure your service is excellent, then charge accordingly, it will still be much better value for money than Joe Bloggs with his broken wooden ladder and collection of dirty rags doing it for 5p a window ;D

Dave Mills

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 04:09:55 pm »

You twit.

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 07:43:16 pm »
keep clean

I'm a bit lazy so i don't actually have a business plan at the moment.But i have studied every  aspect as i notice you are doing.The best people tend to be those who've done it a few times. Like groundhog day every time a saphire or an ian l restarts they are just that little bit better than the time before.Yet it's human nature to think what we do can't be improved on.

The quality of doing business with me should be easy to discern (hint your other post)

That's the only bit I would disagree with, Slumpy - you would have to be nearly giving it away!!

I think you should aim to be the cheapest at your level of service i.e. make sure your service is excellent, then charge accordingly, it will still be much better value for money than Joe Bloggs with his broken wooden ladder and collection of dirty rags doing it for 5p a window ;D

Good spot Ian. I slipped this in as a joke.It just goes to show very few take any notice of what you actually say.

If you don't mind me pointing out the flaw in Matt's plan.It's that you can't deliver leaflets, knock, write letters, and service five, six, seven, and then eight hundred customers at the same time.

He needs a business plan that accounts for actually doing the work that this expansion creates.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 07:56:04 pm »
Good point that slumpbuster

I am at the point where my round takes most of my time to do , It doesnt pay to employ full time as i lose too much money, but i struggle for time to pick up a substantial amount of work, and doing new cleans is all extra work on top of a busy schedule

My way round is it is to have someone canvassing and help one day a week with my work to free up time now for the new work

Thankfully the lad helping me clean and canvass wants to get upto working full time so i am going to take him on gradually till full

But its a difficult thing to manage the expansion if its being forced and you already busy, if you don't want to get behind

I know some just keep building till 4 weeks work takes 7 then employ but i wouldnt want to do that

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2011, 01:23:53 am »
keep clean

Good spot Ian. I slipped this in as a joke.It just goes to show very few take any notice of what you actually say.

If you don't mind me pointing out the flaw in Matt's plan.It's that you can't deliver leaflets, knock, write letters, and service five, six, seven, and then eight hundred customers at the same time.

He needs a business plan that accounts for actually doing the work that this expansion creates.

Slump, writing letters only requires a template, I can quote and door knock in the evenings, I would be able to cope with upto 350-400 residential customers myself, then once I get more than 400 customers then take someone on part time until the round builds enough to take him on fulltime.
say I have 500 customers, that would be enough to take him on fulltime, as 500 customers will bring in approx £4,500 each month - pay the guy £1,600 a month will leave £2,900 I pay myself £1,600 per month, that leaves £1,300 for running costs and flyers printed and delivered.
500 customers would only be 25 customers per day, 2 guys can do that easily.
I can currently clean 15-20 per day so 25 would be a walk in the park for 2 guys, this would free my time up to door knock and quote.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2011, 01:26:31 am »
Slump I have 2 guys that I trust to deliver my flyers at £20 per thousand, so I won't be delivering them myself.
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.