Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

derek west

do i send 2 invoices
« on: February 13, 2011, 04:22:43 pm »
just done a big ish commercial and on the quote it said 10% discount if paid within 5 working days, do i send them 2 invoices or do i somehow incorporate the 2 sums on the same invoice, guessing theres a simple answer to this but i'm just not getting it. or do i send them the disounted invoice first and then after 5 days send them the full amount invoice.

anyone?

garyj

Re: do i send 2 invoices New
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 04:25:49 pm »
I would send one invoice for the full amount and then add on there "10% Discount if paid by 20th Feb"

Simon Gerrard

Re: do i send 2 invoices
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 04:53:05 pm »
Derek,

You send them one invoice for the FULL amount and then state that they can have 10% discount (state the discounted amount) if the payment REACHES you in 5 working days. Often, you'll get a customer that takes the 10% discount but the payment only reaches you two weeks later but the cheque is written within the 5 day period.

Simon

derek west

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 04:55:55 pm »
theyve actually got my bank details and will be paying by BACS, but just wondered how to word the invoice or send 2. i'm expecting payment by wednesday, fingers crossed.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 04:57:36 pm »
In that case Derek send them an invoice for the discounted rate but make it clear that rate only applies till ___ and thereafter the higher rate applies £_____

Simon

Griffus

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 04:57:59 pm »
Send in the full invoice.

If paid within the 10% discount period just show this in your payment received, i.e.

Invoice £100 + VAT (£120)
Payment early of £90 + VAT (£108)
In your books enter £10 + VAT (£12) as a discount againt the invoice.
Remaining balance = £0

John Kelly

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 06:39:49 pm »
Derek

We deal with a few companies who offer us discounted rate if the invoice is paid by an earlier than usual date.  The invoice needs to be for the full amount and then at the bottom, as a footnote, it just needs to state "If payment is received by ..... a 10% discount will be applied - £??.??"  The £??.?? needs to be the full amount minus the discount.

Jim_77

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 06:39:35 pm »
What you do Derek is raise an invoice to the full amount before discount.

Presuming they pay it within the time limit and have deducted the amount they were entitled to, you simply raise a credit note for the difference and send it back to them.

This balances the books of both parties involved :)

So for example..... you charge me £100 but 10% discount if paid within a week.  You send me the invoice for £100, I send you a cheque for £90, you send me a credit note for £10)

Simples :)

derek west

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 07:13:40 pm »
all done, took mr kellys advice, fingers crossed i get some money in my bank before friday. i'll need it, theres a lot of maccie D's on the way to surrey. ;D