Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Colin Day

Re: new sign writing on van
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 02:03:35 pm »

Go to your room ;D

i would but from the look of garyj's face and what he was asking to see of mine the other day it looks like he'll be there waiting for me :P

;D
Are you flattered?

garyj

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 02:34:31 pm »
sorry but i'm going to sound so negative....

first thing i don't like about it is it's hard to see what you do. the 3 services are the most important part and they are the most smallest text and the one that blends in the most. you immediately notice the name then the numbers, but what do you do?

second thing to me is the name shoreshine hides the 3 images far too much, in particular the carpet cleaning image as there is poor contrast already in that image, then it doesn't help to have the writing on it so large.

when i first saw the van i thought you were some beach company. the name shoreshine on top of what looks like sand, then the ocean, then sand/cliffs is what i immediately thought.

with that said it looks great and you seem to really like it. i'm sure you'll get plenty of work from it

An idiot might find it confusing though.

you may know that from experience but i wouldn't say so.

i'd say the average customer isn't going to sit and review the van taking in everything like we are here, instead just like with any advertising they're going to have a quick glance at it. Now this will confuse you Gary but this means for a small company starting up looking to get more customers the most important thing you need is what you do. But any way what do i know i'm only a kid

Make your freaking mind up, are you mad  ::)  ???

Adam P

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 04:26:49 pm »

Make your freaking mind up, are you mad  ::)  ???

you must be getting confused Garyj :D 

what you should have said is something like "only gcs would see it as a beach company as he's an idiot and i should know as i have a dig at him at any opporunity on these forums attacking him when it's not needed". that would have been better. any way see how long until moderator removes your posts again.

garyj

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 05:48:17 pm »

what you should have said is something like "only gcs would see it as a beach company as he's an idiot.

I knew we'd agree with each other one day  :)

Sarah Kirby

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 05:57:34 pm »

i'd say the average customer isn't going to sit and review the van taking in everything like we are here, instead just like with any advertising they're going to have a quick glance at it. Now this will confuse you Gary but this means for a small company starting up looking to get more customers the most important thing you need is what you do. But any way what do i know i'm only a kid

You are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else, but when giving it try not to contradict yourself. Your first post portrays the opinion that its a poor design and wont advertise what its meant to, then you end by saying you are sure he will get plenty of work from it......doesnt make sense  ??? I also think you should stop using your age as a reason for your rantings....If you are old enough to run a business, then dont you think its time to grow up!

Adam P

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 06:10:47 pm »

You are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else, but when giving it try not to contradict yourself. Your first post portrays the opinion that its a poor design and wont advertise what its meant to, then you end by saying you are sure he will get plenty of work from it......doesnt make sense  ??? I also think you should stop using your age as a reason for your rantings....If you are old enough to run a business, then dont you think its time to grow up!

sarah sarah sarah sarah. i said it's poor design but sure it'll get plenty work yes well done. i haven't contradicated myself. if it gets 10 jobs next week it's plenty work, but say he'd had a better design that could have got 1000 new jobs then it's a poor design as it's not doing it's full potential. but then what do i know i'm only a kid sarah.

jasonl

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 06:15:13 pm »
47 minutes ;D
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Mike Halliday

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 06:24:38 pm »
gary & sarah, I starting to see a worrying trend with your posts, It obvious you don't like Adam and i'm sure he has no love for you but can we not use the forum to have little digs at each other, ( eg mentioning his resemblance to the male genitalia ;) ;) ) which were deleted the other day can you not just ignore each other?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Adam P

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2011, 06:29:39 pm »
:) thanks for that Mike. Appreciate that it didn't take much time for something to be noticed and said.

i've only ever replied to garyj after a personal uncalled for attack on me so have no problems with continuing that myself as if none come my way there will never be a issue back. :)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2011, 06:37:38 pm »
you can shut your cakehole as well...... you deserve half and what they say  ;D ;) ;)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

jasonl

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 06:39:29 pm »
Well 47 minutes is the time it would take for either party to arrive at the others house , please post a video on You tube.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Adam P

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 06:48:11 pm »
you can shut your cakehole as well...... you deserve half and what they say  ;D ;) ;)

you know too much ;)

garyj

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 06:53:01 pm »
Adam, can I take this opportunity to apologise  for suggesting your advice is worthless and for calling you a know-all moron and an idiot.

I won't do it again and in future will keep my thoughts to myself.

I hope you can accept my apology and things can resume back to normal.

( PS,  I reckon I could do Guildford in half hour this time of day ).

Adam P

Re: new sign writing on van New
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2011, 07:43:48 pm »
odd some posts which were ok have been deleted but others  not so much are still here. I wonder what was said