Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SteveAllan

Re: bouncing cheque
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 06:25:51 pm »
Time to get card facilities mate, the sooner cheques are finished the better, to many barstewards doing this to the hard working man. I always state when booking a job cash or card now, if they dont like it then im not the cleaner for them gtf.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 06:32:10 pm »
actually just been refused a card machine :'( :'(

I think they do a credit search when you apply and my history is'nt too good ;)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 06:51:11 pm »
You can't do anything until 10am Monday but then that's when you have to go into action, if you don't get the money I would 'advise' that you will stand outside his restaurant on Monday evening and tell every customer that enters about the problem, well I would actually tell them that the place is shutting down as the chef hasn't turned up or that they've had a salmonella out break just to stop them from going in! Valentines evening will be probably his busiest night.

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 06:55:24 pm »
youve got all weekend to falsely book all his tables for valentines ;D

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 07:02:12 pm »
youve got all weekend to falsely book all his tables for valentines ;D

I DO LIKE YOUR THINKING DEREK BUT MIKES A NICE GUY HE WOULDN'T WOULD HE ;D ;D
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2011, 07:06:51 pm »
If he doesn't pay by monday midday i'd be going to the resturant, showing him the bounced cheque and demanding a cash payment.

Linds Russell

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 07:10:11 pm »
Get some dog muck and smear it under the door handles of his car.

It won't achieve anything but you will feel great after it as he will have it up his fingernails and all over his finger tips ;D
Linds

Mike Halliday

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2011, 07:13:33 pm »
derek,  i could book tables but (this sounds daft) at this point I don't want to cost him money even if he doesn't pay on Monday i don't want to make him lose money, I don't mind scaring him, inconveniencing him  or embarrassing him in front of his customer.

but to make him lose money makes me as bad as him .

jasonl

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2011, 07:14:22 pm »
actually just been refused a card machine :'( :'(

I think they do a credit search when you apply and my history is'nt too good ;)
Same , I just use pay-pal 4% flat rate , no set up or terminal fees  , works out just as dear as a bank  with the amount I put through it.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

derek west

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2011, 08:11:14 pm »
derek,  i could book tables but (this sounds daft) at this point I don't want to cost him money even if he doesn't pay on Monday i don't want to make him lose money, I don't mind scaring him, inconveniencing him  or embarrassing him in front of his customer.

but to make him lose money makes me as bad as him .

he drew first blood. (classic line) ;D

John Milnes

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 09:06:06 pm »
Mike, I'v had but a few of these in the past. The thing is not to get wound up about it.
Wait till Monday and phone him up. If he wants to exchage the cheque for cash, give him the oportunity to do that.

If he starts evading you, send him a letter that you wish to be paid, say, within 7 days. If he still hasn't paid, send another letter saying you wish to be paid in 7 days and if payment not recieved you will take legal action forthwith without notice.

It's not a lot of money and a CCJ will hurt him a lot more than not paying you or even a few free dinners you may be able to screw out of him.

bobby p

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2011, 10:19:47 pm »
a guy i knew got a big payout from a pub  by placing a sharp old nail in the seating and then "accidentally" it tore his expensive jacket when he sat there . but the jacket had been prepared earlier ! 

Graeme@Access

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2011, 11:15:37 pm »
Mike,

1: Send an invoice and 7 day demand letter

2: Issue a pre-sue letter like we have in Scotland from http://www.debtscotland.com/options/business-occdebt.cfm

95% of people will pay at this point (i have taken house of fraser down this way and won). If he doesnt pay;

3: Take them to small claims (Scotland cost is £65 not recoverable on debts below £200 i believe). Judges will rule against him unless he is watertight. Your a decent guy and this will come across >> you win. (if not you have to pay costs) If you did a decent job, he wont win. Judges see a chancer coming a mile off.

Hes taking the p as he knows its a pain to pursue and hoping you give up.

Last thing you want to do is step over the line. That way you will loose every time with folks like this.

My "potential" legal case is the same, its all about the size of your cohonees.

Graeme
Access Cleaning Solutions

John Kelly

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2011, 11:16:40 pm »
a guy i knew got a big payout from a pub  by placing a sharp old nail in the seating and then "accidentally" it tore his expensive jacket when he sat there . but the jacket had been prepared earlier ! 

Pubs I go in they would have just kicked his head in ;D

Jason Hedges

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2011, 11:55:00 pm »
John send some of your mates into the restaurant. Tell them he's a Liverpool supporter ;)

All the best,
Jason.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2011, 11:55:46 pm »
Mike,

1: Send an invoice and 7 day demand letter

2: Issue a pre-sue letter like we have in Scotland from http://www.debtscotland.com/options/business-occdebt.cfm

95% of people will pay at this point (i have taken house of fraser down this way and won). If he doesnt pay;

3: Take them to small claims (Scotland cost is £65 not recoverable on debts below £200 i believe). Judges will rule against him unless he is watertight. Your a decent guy and this will come across >> you win. (if not you have to pay costs) If you did a decent job, he wont win. Judges see a chancer coming a mile off.

Hes taking the p as he knows its a pain to pursue and hoping you give up.

Last thing you want to do is step over the line. That way you will loose every time with folks like this.

My "potential" legal case is the same, its all about the size of your cohonees.

Graeme

graeme, after taking him to court and winning he tells the court that due to the financial situation he  is skint, and has a big list of CCJs and creditors he is slowly paying off. He is quite willing to pay me the money he owes but he can only afford to pay me £6.50p a month, if he makes an offer of payment it will be accepted.

this is after all the hassle of taking him to court including taking a day off work, I won't be taking him to court or sending letters.

he has had his drive cleaned, the worse case scenario  is I don't get my money and he gets his drive returned to it original condition. i would rather go down this route.

to be truthful its a days work he has ripped me off for I can live with that. what I don't want is he benefits from what he has done,

Jason Hedges

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2011, 12:08:20 am »
Mike,

Keep it professional and talk to the customer on a regular basis, pester him if you like. Dont go down the legal or vendetta route yet and give him a week or two to pay. Perhaps he's having a tough time but after a good days takings in his restaurant will be prepared to pay you. Fingers crossed! If he doesnt play ball then up the ante...

All the best,
Jason.

jaespray

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2011, 02:22:20 am »
hi mike     i checked him out on google maps    if you did the back as well he got value   and you new you had done a days work    if you did it on your own    ps you could all ways spray "bad payer on  the walls on the house & restaurant with milk   and go and have look in months time    and a drop of goats milk on the restaurant carpet
3 days wait max
regards john

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2011, 09:01:50 am »
Isn't it a criminal offence to bounce a cheque?

What's the name of his restaurant?

Simon

Graeme@Access

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2011, 10:06:37 am »
graeme, after taking him to court and winning he tells the court that due to the financial situation he  is skint, and has a big list of CCJs and creditors he is slowly paying off. He is quite willing to pay me the money he owes but he can only afford to pay me £6.50p a month, if he makes an offer of payment it will be accepted.

this is after all the hassle of taking him to court including taking a day off work, I won't be taking him to court or sending letters.

he has had his drive cleaned, the worse case scenario  is I don't get my money and he gets his drive returned to it original condition. i would rather go down this route.

to be truthful its a days work he has ripped me off for I can live with that. what I don't want is he benefits from what he has done,

In that case i would use my driver who runs a martial arts club http://www.hybridama.com/

At least he will never walk alone/again.

Just don't lie down and let these reprobates take the p. Esp if he intended to do this from the start. Damn you could pay a jakey to spray paint paedo on his door lol.

Graeme
PS these end game tactics must be used with caution!!