Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Evans

Just once over for new website
« on: February 07, 2011, 11:37:59 pm »
 www.tameside-carpetcleaners.co.uk

Thoughts appreciated

Paul

Steve. Taylor

Re: Just once over for new website
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 11:44:58 pm »
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Adam P

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 11:49:55 pm »
not going to go into the website design as gone into it too many times now. it's obvious who made it as they all look alike. the only thing i would say is the company still hasn't learn the basics of seo and you should get someone with a little bit of sense to add some basic seo to the site as after all it's no good having a site that no one can find.

also i'd change the pictures as they only leading to confusion for me anyway. carpet cleaning and the only real pictures are you loading a dishwasher and cleaning a toilet :s

garyj

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 11:56:42 pm »
I like it, clean, crisp and easy to read with a good offer. Whats not to like?

Matt Seymour

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 11:59:31 pm »
Yep, it's a good looking site that does everything it should.

Paul Evans

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 12:02:23 am »
not going to go into the website design as gone into it too many times now. it's obvious who made it as they all look alike. the only thing i would say is the company still hasn't learn the basics of seo and you should get someone with a little bit of sense to add some basic seo to the site as after all it's no good having a site that no one can find.

also i'd change the pictures as they only leading to confusion for me anyway. carpet cleaning and the only real pictures are you loading a dishwasher and cleaning a toilet :s

I am suprised, Thought you would learn your lesson by now, I am not intrested in the design. Only value for money. This site is not SEOd yet.Still first page on google for my area. I was just intrested in what the lads thought. Ie spell check,any improvements that may of added.
I am not into who can build the best website comp,Just results i can get from them.

Paul

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 01:05:13 am »
I'll bite my tongue

But this video that was on the same youtube account gave me a chuckle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hREFwFaO21A

Fast forward to 2.23 drip drip drip

ianharper

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 05:54:20 am »
Hi

Looks cool

you might have a problem with the URL in adwords as it looks long. would be a pain if you spend time working on the site and later find its a issue,

Well done

Respect

Ian Harper

clinton

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 07:12:51 am »
 Looks clear and easy to read at first look.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 07:23:43 am »
I'll bite my tongue

But this video that was on the same youtube account gave me a chuckle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hREFwFaO21A

Fast forward to 2.23 drip drip drip

I love it whe she says the powermax can stay in the van and work upto 150ft ;D ;D

the site is fine looking, i would have perhaps put in a little bit more text on each page but its on page 1 of google  what more can you ask for :)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 08:31:34 am »
website

good, like all marks website, get the job done for an affordable start up price, and if you wanna spend money on seo after that, its up to you, marks sights are fantastic for start ups, ltd budget types and additional sites.

video

i thought the video was very good. some nice touches with the van door opening to reveal the logo. as for there equipment, why ridicule it? seen worse mentioned on here and afterall, its aimed at potential customers, not to please other carpet cleaners

Mike Halliday

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 01:00:27 pm »
who has ridiculed their choice of equipment?

I have ridiculed the statement that it can work 150ft away from the machine as it is a ridiculous statement.

as for the machine it is a excelent machine but would you leave it in the van and work 150ft away?

derek west

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 01:47:24 pm »
totally agree mike, the suction noise coming from the wand was none existant and begs the question, 3 hours drying times but at the end of the day its a good vid and no doubt will get them some work. we all exaggerate to make our selves look good, me included, i just "personally" think its a good vid that should be applauded rather than knocked. would you not (to some extent) agree?

ps...you got anymore in the pipeline? just knocked one together for my new website. think i'm getting better but still not there yet, it has a voice over on the new one. apparantly he sounds a bit gay said some of my facebook "friends" not mentioning any names, "will" ;D

John Higgins

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 03:36:18 pm »
The Lady in question is a single mother- who rather then scrounge off the state
earns her own money carpet cleaning - she has a nice home and a nice car, her
kids want for nothing - hats off to her

Mike Halliday

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 03:45:02 pm »
John actually you have a point,

its wrong of me to cast dispersions on her intentions  without her being a member of ciu to defend herself, so I have deleted my inappropriate post, to keep the topic on track and not confusing I have also deleted Dereks reply ( sorry derek)

I owe her an apology, I'll give her a big kiss the next time i see her :D :D

garry22

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 04:35:21 pm »
Bear in mind that most people do not have a clue about what is involved in CC, that video does a pretty good job (as does yours, Mike) of explaining things.

I do feel however, that the duct tape should have been removed, if only for filming purposes.

It's only an opinion but perhaps quite a few would prefer a lady working in their house.

Back to the site Paul. I'm working on a similar layout at the moment (not cleaning).

I really like the simple, clear navigation ... e.g. if you want upholstery cleaning you know where to look immediately.

Adam P

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 11:12:08 am »

I am suprised, Thought you would learn your lesson by now, I am not intrested in the design. Only value for money. This site is not SEOd yet.Still first page on google for my area. I was just intrested in what the lads thought. Ie spell check,any improvements that may of added.
I am not into who can build the best website comp,Just results i can get from them.

Paul

i was supposed to get all that from

Thoughts appreciated

right...

any way i said it needs some basic seo done on it, which is "any improvements that may of added" as you've asked, and better images. don't need to get your knickers in a twist about that.

garry22

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 03:05:26 pm »
Paul / John,

It would probably make the navigation easier for humans if the large images down the page were clickable.

Using upholstery cleaning as an example, my first action was to click on the picture itself.

I hope that helps?

Garry

Paul W Jones

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 09:42:56 am »
It looks like the SEO needs some work.  If you go into the page source of the site and look at the keywords there's no mention of 'carpet' and 'upholstery' is spelt incorrectly.