Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

david hutchieson

Hydramaster Phoenix advice
« on: December 06, 2010, 11:34:36 am »
Morning all,

I have a Phoenix machine that is doing a great job (except when someone didnt check the oil level and had to put in a new Briggs engine!)

I am thinking of adding hose splitters to turn this single machine into a double when using the hand tools only.

Does anyone have any experience of doing so and what issues did you have?

Cheers

Dave

Jamie Pearson

Re: Hydramaster Phoenix advice
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 01:11:43 pm »
Would some sort of regulator not be required to maintain even solution pressure for both tools?

Not an expert on this by any means.

Just something that came to mind when having a think about it.

jon barnes

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 01:27:59 pm »
we,ve tried  doing the same to our phoenix for upholstery it does sort of work but you notice the drop in vac when one of you lifts a hand tool. unless your doing a lot of it personally i wouldn't  bother

david hutchieson

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 02:07:48 pm »
John,

Do you use the 1.5 inch hoses?

Cheers

david hutchieson

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 02:14:31 pm »
Just a wee thought for you, when we are doing carpets on boats we tend to use the hand tool across the whole area to dry them off. It is a lot of work but makes a huge difference to drying times, normally a lot less than 2 hours with an air mover.

i know itīs not going to suit everyone but until wands can do the same I donīt see any other option.

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 02:26:42 pm »
I would have thought with a Phoenix with good wand technique you should be able to leave the carpet in a reasonable condition such that it would be dry in a couple of hours - depending on pile density and fibre or course.

jon barnes

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 03:09:11 pm »
David
we use a 2'' hose direct to the wand and use 1.5 with the upholstery tool [about 6ft]

Jon

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 03:39:26 pm »
Just a wee thought for you, when we are doing carpets on boats we tend to use the hand tool across the whole area to dry them off. It is a lot of work but makes a huge difference to drying times, normally a lot less than 2 hours with an air mover.

i know itīs not going to suit everyone but until wands can do the same I donīt see any other option.

I do not get this whatsoever.

By the time you wasted energy and more valuable time going over a carpet with a handtool - the carpet would be on the way to dry anyway. So unless you are charging an absolute premium for this (and have loads of spare time) - its completely barmy.

Mark

david hutchieson

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 05:02:33 pm »
Joe, you are exactly right. Sometimes its just the carpet fibres etc.

Mark, we do charge a premium for boats and as such do everything that we can to dry the carpets as quickly as possible.
Sometimes its mentioned by the client that that the last time it took days to dry so we make sure that everything possible is done to make a big impression. As you all know a bit of extra graft can make all the difference and most importantly the missus is a lot stronger than she looks!

Cheers

peter maybury

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 06:44:23 pm »
If you e mail me your address I will send you a 2" y connector that I do not need any longer as my machine has 2 hose connection pipes. Then you just need a y to split your solution hose ( you can buy them as cheap as Ģ20) .
If you cant find one let me know and I will make you one.
You only need to make sure that the one hand tool is covered if not in use or you will lose suction on the other.

Peter
peter@queensland-uk.com

david hutchieson

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 06:53:12 pm »
Peter,

Thanks very much for the offer but I will get the bits from Hydramaster as I live in Mallorca and the postage will cost you twice as much as the part.

I think you are right in the covering up of the tool end. I advise all the guys to do this not only to keep the heat up and noise down  but as I once had a white wool/silk carpet that I left the tool sitting on face down and spent the next half an hour removing the mark!

Once again many thanks.

Dave

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 11:50:26 pm »

I do not get this whatsoever.

By the time you wasted energy and more valuable time going over a carpet with a handtool - the carpet would be on the way to dry anyway. So unless you are charging an absolute premium for this (and have loads of spare time) - its completely barmy.

Mark
Put a blower in, or use a wand that has internal jets. ie cfr hand tool

John Kelly

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 07:44:58 am »
Do not block the end of the tool if only using one. This will stress the blower even with a relief valve.