Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jamie Lindsay

SEO ?
« on: November 30, 2010, 09:20:27 pm »
Can anyone give me the basics of seo... not asking for a class just the basice off how you get to page 1

Mark Lawrence

Re: SEO ?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 09:24:36 pm »
Ha! like it ;D Guess what, there is no 'formula' to get to page 1 ::) Sorry to be on a downer, but its best you know before you get your hopes high.

Mark

richy27

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 09:26:31 pm »
meta tags
keywords
page discriptions
page content
picture titles
page titles

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 09:28:03 pm »
well its obvious there is a formula... its a computer program

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 09:29:52 pm »
Use key words in h1 and h2 tags
Think what the customers type in to find what they want and use them phrases
Use these phrases at the top of the page and at the bottom of the page.
Use these phrases in the title and description meta tags
I am self taught and these basic rules work

I could go on about link building and page rank but if you optimise using the rules above you will not go far wrong. If you don't believe me check out all our websites

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 09:31:30 pm »
so basically what people type in will be matched to wahts wrote on my page... ie carpet cleaner glasgow should be across my page ?

richy27

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 09:33:35 pm »

if its obvious you dont need any advice at he end of the day   """ITS ONLY SEO"""

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 09:39:23 pm »
lol you keep following me must have impressed you with my honesty... now get back fool or al set the hounds on you haha... stick to what you know but remember to out earn you have to out learn

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 09:41:52 pm »
yes it will help . Also... lets say you had another page for carpet cleaning... i would use the words carpet cleaners in glasgow to link to that page. This is called anchor text and emphassies that phrase for that page its on along with the page it links to. When creating links on other websites use carpet cleaners in Glasgow. (Glasgow has been used as an example area) This will bring the site higher in the rankings for that phrase

wynne jones

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 10:14:53 pm »
A friend of mine reckon SEO is a waste of time for tradesmen.

People are reading stuff online about SEO that relates to getting your site high in google globally and then there's the guy who hasn't even got a website and he is the first entry because of the way he's on the Google maps. What do you have to say to that SEO guys?
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 10:18:56 pm »

When you have got to No1 using a formula - please could you let us know on here, we would love to see your top position and how you achieved it, cos it sounds easy.

Mark

wynne jones

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 10:23:39 pm »
Mark's right.

Google don't say for sure how they do things. Worst of all they are constantly changing things as sneaky people get wise. ::)

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 10:38:14 pm »
lol you serious if i knew that i would not be on this site... all im saying is its a computer program... program is just a formula

wynne jones

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 11:03:28 pm »
And here's me thinking there's this room full of Pakinstanis employed by google saying oh goodness I don't like the look of this one, deduct 1000 ranking points! ;D

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 11:05:13 pm »
so it is a formula then ??

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 11:05:24 pm »
theres over 200 algorithms (personaly i think theres more) that the search engines uses to determine if a site is relavant to that paticular keyword search term. Even if you where to get every single algorithm spot on, google is still not pradictible! Age of a site and its authority play a big part too.

Spend a grand on a aged, PR5+ domain name and thats half the battle.

I am ranking high (N01,No2 postions) on some very high search volume keywords and with ALOT smaller niches i cant rank as effectivley! Google is an ass sometimes!

Good luck with glasgow by the way! lol

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 11:09:40 pm »
is there a formula then? no. and if i knew i wouldn't tell ya!  :P roll up yer sleeves young man and find out for yer sel! :) no offence, but nae (c)unt helped me!

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 11:14:57 pm »
lol when I say what is on everyone elses mind they dont like it... dont need luck... there is no luck in business

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 11:25:02 pm »
Read my first reply, its the best reply here or advice you'll get.

Never mentioned luck just that its not easy as following a formula!! step 1, step2, step 3 Bang top of google!  ;D that you very much mrG.  not that easy i'm afriad.

If it was that easy i'd be ranking No1 for the words "Sex", "Gambling", and "cam girls" and i'd be a millionaire in a  couple of months, seriously!

If my reply comes across as harsh, its cos of the "its only carpet cleaning  ::)" comment and your needy, give me all the anwser type quetions.

robert meldrum

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 11:29:40 pm »
You 'll need a lot of luck to knock Bob and Graeme off top spots on Glasgow.................