Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jamie Lindsay

Must haves
« on: November 25, 2010, 07:18:52 pm »
I am just starting up and was wondering what are the bare essentials when it come to chemicals?

Pre spray, rinse, protector and stain removers.. my local supplier prochem

I am going to keep my business as simple as i can make it and try stick to the same chemicals

any comments on what to use would be great ???

Matt Seymour

Re: Must haves
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 07:27:47 pm »
In terms of chemicals I'd say make sure you have stain removers specific to different stains.

Deodorisers and urine neutralisers wouldn't go amiss either. It helps to advertise the fact that use of a deodoriser comes as standard on all jobs.

Are you offering carpet protection ie Scotchguard etc?

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 07:30:47 pm »
cheers mate,

how you anyway hope business is good..

yep gona offer protection but just want to know the best and cheepest 1 if that makes sense :P

want to keep it basic as i can

jasonl

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 07:37:08 pm »
Must haves , A pre- spray , orange gel or citrus gel of some sort for oil based stains , a coffee reducer, this will see you through 99%+ of situations.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 07:42:05 pm »
where would i get these gels and coffee reducers ?

do you try and keep your cleaning old school and basic jason?

jasonl

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 07:48:57 pm »
Get them from the Prochem distributor round the corner , I keep it simple ,yes
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 08:01:01 pm »
If you are just starting up what is your total budget?

Mark

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 08:18:10 pm »
I have every thing but the chemicals so blank chec :Pk

Ricky M

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 08:45:19 pm »
I have every thing but the chemicals so blank chec :Pk

whats in your kit at the min ?
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

Matt Seymour

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 08:47:15 pm »
Have you got a machine yet Jamie?

I think the cheapest protector is Flouroseal. Correct me if I am wrong someone.

You should be able to get most of the chems you need from your local supplier. Failing that you can get them over the internet.

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 12:45:21 pm »
dont have any cemicals at all yet ricky but have van machine etc

Matt Seymour

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 12:57:21 pm »
What machine did you go for in the end Jamie?

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 01:07:26 pm »
got tht rhino one from another guy on the forum very happy with it at the mmoment but hoping o upgrade asap

trying to keep it basic tho at first i was think about diff chemicals etc but reading some post on here dont feel the need to make room for unneeded overheads.. think the key is o keep it simple... after all it is only carpet cleaning

Matt Seymour

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 01:10:50 pm »
"only carpet cleaning"

I hope you're wearing a tin hat mate! ;D

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 01:13:06 pm »
lol well it sometimes is over titled on this forum i think  8)

derek west

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 05:59:27 pm »
if you see it as "only carpet cleaning" then you can only sell it as "only carpet cleaning"

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 06:26:54 pm »
if you see it as "only carpet cleaning" then you can only sell it as "only carpet cleaning"

But perhaps it could be 'Carpet Cleaning Only' which changes the whole perspective :P

peter maybury

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 07:18:16 pm »
The simplest way to build a succesful business is through satisfied customers. There are loads out there there do not know what they are doing and that will blag or flannel customers that things cannot be done.
It is all too common that people will say to me that stains cannot be removed because many peolpe have tried. It is very often simple things like paint, nail varnish, blue tack, or rust as soon as you show the customer how easy it does come off, you demonstrate what idiots the previous people were. They obviously did not impress the customer otherwise you would not be there in the first place but you can be certain that you will be called back and when anybody talks about carpet cleaning to them the story will be told.
That is the simplest way, be professional carry as many products as you can and learn as much as you can, or you can become just another carpet cleaner that invests the minimum and give the customer the minimum. They arde 10 a penny and always struggleing for work.
You need to be careful what advice you take as a lot of the advice people will give you is not worth a toss.
Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 09:05:12 pm »
Why limit your horizons? I've tried plenty of chemicals over the years some i've liked and stuck with some I haven't. I would experiment as much as you can it's the key to confidence. It also depends on your philosophy with regards to eco cleaning, or not, and the message you're selling to your customers.

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 09:45:30 pm »
we are back to going off on tangents again... carpet cleaners have been around for 30 years plus so how come its just now that we need to buy into all these machine chemicals etc... its all about marketing not truckmounts what chemicals etc the general public want there carpet cleaned thats why we are carpet cleaners they could not care what or how we do it  ;D.... simples  :P