Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ste M

new, scudo, dispatch, expert. someone on here?
« on: November 13, 2010, 09:03:38 am »
I remember a post ages ago off someone on here saying they had just got a new one of these vans, was wondering how they were getting on with it and what equipment they have in it? Im looking at getting one very soon as i want to downsize from my transit because i simply dont utilise the size of mine and i cant see me doing that in the near future.

I love the look of these vans and i also note you can get a high roof version so i will probably be going for one of them as i can fit a bit more in there and also have some more room for myself to stand up in the back

Ste

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: new, scudo, dispatch, expert. someone on here?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 09:19:56 am »
Slumpbuster has the high roof scudo with 800ltr system.

bad trippy

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 11:33:42 am »
I have the expert with 2.0 hdi engine, this van has plenty of room and it serves the two of us well.
In mine i manage 18 full 25l barrells, trad gear, wfp spares and two trolleys.
Frankybadboy gave me two long pole brackets which fit from wall to wall about 8 inches from to top of the roof which houses our 4 poles.
The advantages of this van is
1, Two side loading doors
2, 3 seats in front
3, The HDI Turbo engine is nippy and hardly notices the full weight. (The fiat version has its own engine)
Great van over all which holds its price well.
Try to buy the HDI engine as i have heard the straight diesel models are flat
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Frankybadboy

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 01:08:11 pm »
had the 2.0hdi dispatch,great van never had a problem with it.

you wont find a better sizes van in that range. ;)

ok cleaning

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 02:18:13 pm »
i got the 07 dispatch 2.0 lt hdi since new and done 43 k with so far it comes with self leveling suspension and would not buy another one why it s got a great engine everyting else is good too but this vans are not desined to carry any form of liquide in them my van has got 1200 lt load capasity and i got 650 lt buffeled tank in it still the suspension pump broke twice becouse of the movement in the van when the tank is full or or near full the first one was repaired under warranty and that was in june just before the warranty ran out the dealer suggested not to fill it up too much  650 lt  under the limit i said it might go wrong again they said  and it did it needs replacing again very annoying it s gonna cost a few pounds  but  as soon as i finish paying next year im gonna buy a transit

Ste M

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 04:01:55 pm »
i want to put a 650 ltr in it, are they ok if you dont have the self leveling suspension? i was considering a swb transit but i thought these ones may be a bit more practical and also cheaper to run? dont get me wrong the tranny i have now is great but its just to big, i was going to get all the gutter eqiupment and jet washers but i cant see me going that way just yet so i fell the larger van may be a waste really.

other than the suspension have you had any other issues with it?

dd

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 05:40:15 pm »
i got the 07 dispatch 2.0 lt hdi since new and done 43 k with so far it comes with self leveling suspension and would not buy another one why it s got a great engine everyting else is good too but this vans are not desined to carry any form of liquide in them my van has got 1200 lt load capasity and i got 650 lt buffeled tank in it still the suspension pump broke twice becouse of the movement in the van when the tank is full or or near full the first one was repaired under warranty and that was in june just before the warranty ran out the dealer suggested not to fill it up too much  650 lt  under the limit i said it might go wrong again they said  and it did it needs replacing again very annoying it s gonna cost a few pounds  but  as soon as i finish paying next year im gonna buy a transit
Sounds like an example of ruining a perfectly good van by overcomplicating it with the self levelling suspension.

Slumpy seems very happy with his scudo and that has 800l tank plus passenger,

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 07:35:17 pm »
Yes I am happy.

Are you sure you have a 1200 payload.I was told this was only high roof long wheelbase?Mines a fiat and a version called a comfort.

The main reason was it wasn't too big on my drive- with an existing van and a car.My only moan is the dashboard is the same as the older versions.My new(non window cleaning) transit has a lot more hidey holes for clipboards laptops and papers.

My favourite van-because it has a better dash board is the ducatto- a real office in the front of your van.But to get the payload i was after i still needed the long wheel base in either the transit or ducatto.But (second but) some on here said a load of ex- i think it was british gas- swb trannys are 1500 payload rated.

I didn't think a vivaro could be over 900kilo, but apparently some 2.9 versions are?

ok cleaning

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 07:45:41 pm »
yes i definately got 1200ltr pay load thats what i was sold and thats what it said in the book i dont have any other serius problems with the van and  i love it most important it s paying itself   im sure  regular suspension will be ok i get about 350 miles with a full tank cost nearly £90 i dont know if thats cheap

ok cleaning

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 07:54:15 pm »
search for sign written van pictures and you can see my van there ok cleaning dispatch in blue one of the most eye catching vas on the road people say

prestige cleaners

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 08:18:08 pm »
ive got a 56 plate 2.0tdi scudo, 650L tank, great van so far.

Ste M

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 08:45:47 pm »
slump, if you compare it to your transit which is best for wfp ? i kind of like the idea of the fiat/pug/citreon as its a bit different, the only thing that concerns me is that in the past these manufacturers aint got the best reliability records. Im a bit torn between these and the tranny. If you have/had both then you may be able to give the best advice on it and also you have the same size tank as myself. i dont want it all to be to cramped in there if thats the case with the no tranny vans

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 09:09:34 pm »

I had the old shape scudo before this 900kg payload and was happy with this.My tank doesn't take a lot of floor space, and 2.4 three stage ladders fit inside the high roof.I have two roof mounted reels, hot set up, and three varistream pump boards.Full complement of double trad tools.

Anything else on my van, such as a pressure washer would be a struggle.

The purchasing decisions on both vans were different.The transit was about it's cubic load capacity, the scudo was about the payload and being able to fit it on the drive.

The perfect wfp van and set up?

1000L tank, two lads going like trains, operator writing slips, taking payment, quoting nearby, and motivating aformentioned lads to work harder with doughnuts, pasties, and minimum wage.100ph sweet as a nut, but you need a bigger van. ;D

Ste M

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 09:38:36 pm »

I had the old shape scudo before this 900kg payload and was happy with this.My tank doesn't take a lot of floor space, and 2.4 three stage ladders fit inside the high roof.I have two roof mounted reels, hot set up, and three varistream pump boards.Full complement of double trad tools.

Anything else on my van, such as a pressure washer would be a struggle.

The purchasing decisions on both vans were different.The transit was about it's cubic load capacity, the scudo was about the payload and being able to fit it on the drive.

The perfect wfp van and set up?

1000L tank, two lads going like trains, operator writing slips, taking payment, quoting nearby, and motivating aformentioned lads to work harder with doughnuts, pasties, and minimum wage.100ph sweet as a nut, but you need a bigger van. ;D

does it honestly take them ladders in the fiat? thats what i currently carry in my tranny and was a big appeal for me having it, i thought on the fiat you would have to have them on the roof. do you have any pics of the inside so i can see what its like? cos short of that i was going to put them on the roof and use a small set of steps to get them off when i need them

Ste M

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 09:50:51 pm »
slumpy that is great, you have really helped me out there cos as i said that was one of my concerns cos i prefer to have everything inside, im also looking at fitting it out properly and would like the hose reels insode as well. How do you get the hose outside? do you just leave the door open? how do you find the running costs of the van? i:e mpg and servicing?

really appreciate your input and helo on this mate thankyou

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 09:58:54 pm »
I work with the doors open.Running costs okay.

Ste M

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 10:02:27 pm »
if you have chance or have any other pics of the inside can you e-mail them to me please to help me out seeing how well it all fits, cleanasawhistlewindows@hotmail.com . i also have a upright 650 ltr two man set up so it will be interesting to see how well it fits and also what room you have at the back.

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 10:14:43 pm »
Will do.

Ste M

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 10:21:23 pm »
thanks mate, i really do appreciate it  ;D