This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark blundell

what's your opinion
« on: November 12, 2010, 11:47:48 pm »
right i am really finding it hard to find a complete system and van swb transit sized vito traffic ect.

so thinking about buying the van on ebay and putting a 600l tank in the back di only

then get a 1000l ibc tank and r/o unit in the garage.

whats you thoughts i've been looking for a van/system for about 4 weeks with no luck but only really have about £4500 and I need to get something sorted soon i am keen to get out there getting some work in

cheers mark

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: what's your opinion
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 11:51:51 pm »
Do you know the TDS of your tap water?

mark blundell

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 11:53:43 pm »
no i don't but i know i am in a hard water area

Lee Pryor

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 12:12:54 am »
your idear is fine, but dont bother with the DI in the van, have it with your static system so all the purification is done in 1 place. just tank and pump in the van is all thats needed.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

jr windows

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 12:15:03 am »
Mark,
When I first changed over to Wfp every thing was in the van. Problems with filling overnight, so I have the basics in the van and ro and tank in my garage, I just use a transfer pump in the morning, takes less than 10 mins to fill.

Good luck Jay

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 12:42:42 am »
right i am really finding it hard to find a complete system and van swb transit sized vito traffic ect.

so thinking about buying the van on ebay and putting a 600l tank in the back di only

whats you thoughts i've been looking for a van/system for about 4 weeks with no luck but only really have about £4500 and I need to get something sorted soon i am keen to get out there getting some work in

cheers mark
use a merlin
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

andyM

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 07:33:47 am »

cheers mark

If you cannot find a van you want with a fitted system, have you considered pricing up everything you need for a WFP system and buying a van without a fitted system within the budget.
This would leave you with more choice of available vans for sale.
You could then fit the system yourself or factor in the price of having it fitted for you.
And I would recommend an RO system because you live in a hard water area.
It can be done for £4500 but you will have to shop around.
One of the Plebs

mark blundell

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 10:29:11 am »
If you cannot find a van you want with a fitted system, have you considered pricing up everything you need for a WFP system and buying a van without a fitted system within the budget.
This would leave you with more choice of available vans for sale.
You could then fit the system yourself or factor in the price of having it fitted for you.
And I would recommend an RO system because you live in a hard water area.
It can be done for £4500 but you will have to shop around.

being new to this its knowing how much for the system and how to connect it all up and when adding it up was probably better off getting complete van. although it would give me more choice with vans

andyM

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 04:06:21 pm »
You can buy DIY Wfp equipment from most of the well known window cleaning equipment supppliers.
A company such as Pure Freedom will supply and fit a system for you. Price will depend on size of tank, filtration system etc.

This company is in Essex
http://www.crystalpuresystems.com/Contact-DetailsCrystalPureSystems.html

Maybe someone on here has used them before and can give you some feedback
One of the Plebs

mark blundell

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 04:47:44 pm »
You can buy DIY Wfp equipment from most of the well known window cleaning equipment supppliers.
A company such as Pure Freedom will supply and fit a system for you. Price will depend on size of tank, filtration system etc.

This company is in Essex
http://www.crystalpuresystems.com/Contact-DetailsCrystalPureSystems.html

Maybe someone on here has used them before and can give you some feedback

i think i am going to take your advice of building my own i have been looking on the net and found some good sites.
thinking of going with this system
http://www.gapswater.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_Reverse_osmosis_kits.html

tank 750l £200
angle iron weld up a bracket for tank
di £75
hose/reel £120
pump/variflow £150
leisure battery £120
poles say £400
extras conectors ect £150
thats around about £1800 so leaves me 2500- 3000 for a van can anyone see anything else that i may have missed out cheers mark

andyM

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 05:02:02 pm »
You will also need a TDS Meter to check ppm of your water (from £15)
Also you don't need a 4040 RO System especially if you are just starting off.
4040's are good for producing lots of water fast but if you are building customers up and you don't need 500 + ltrs a day at the moment, why not consider a 300 gallon per day RO unit?
You could get one for £200 - £300.
I paid around £200 for mine and it can produce up to 1500 ltrs in 24 hours. 
I have a static system in the garage with a storage tank which I find more convenient than a van mounted RO system.
One of the Plebs

mark blundell

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 05:53:14 pm »
You will also need a TDS Meter to check ppm of your water (from £15)
Also you don't need a 4040 RO System especially if you are just starting off.
4040's are good for producing lots of water fast but if you are building customers up and you don't need 500 + ltrs a day at the moment, why not consider a 300 gallon per day RO unit?
You could get one for £200 - £300.
I paid around £200 for mine and it can produce up to 1500 ltrs in 24 hours. 
I have a static system in the garage with a storage tank which I find more convenient than a van mounted RO system.
that system in the link has the tds meter im thinking just get the hf5 40/40 now then no need to upgrade at a later date yeah its £615 but thats filters tds fittings  Pressure guages
and best of all Instructions for the setting up, running and maintenance of your RO system
and once its done its done no need for upgrading bigger tank ect