Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

weetot

Re: Rates for supermarkets
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 07:34:08 pm »
I remember when ASDA sold houses not so long back.

I asked the assistant if it was 'buy one house get one free'

I'll get me coat :P
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

Crystal-clear

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 07:50:48 pm »
Unless i have missed something or need to learn something about commercial..i mean £20 any size is this a joke,?? guys i dont understand why would people do a supermarket is the rates are that low. why would you price it up at £80 just to get in when you could say earn £120 for the same hours in domestic.

Why would you work for less?
why dont we all stick together and quote high for commercial that way they will have no choice but to pay the rates!

Then again i guess there is always someone out there will to clean for cheaper.
but then so be it let them clean it for £70.

I would just say it will be £120 and as it is commercial (ie sometimes its hard to get paid) i would require 3 months up front also 1st clean will be more of a deep clean and will be extra

if they wouldnt like it i would stick to my domestic.

Come to think of it ive got 2 commercial jobs 1 is a restaurant £20 inside and out takes a good hour and i need to pay £1.80 for parking and this is my lowest earner
the other one is just a little shop front which is ok but she has started to moan

so looks like these will be the 1st jobs ill get rid of once i become busy everyday.

weetot

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 07:56:28 pm »
Unfortunately Crystal, you'll never get any industry to stick together as we are in effect all in competition with each other...

There's always some laddermonkeys getting peanuts and still having to wait for thier money. ::)

Crystal-clear

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 08:05:45 pm »
But Asda wouldnt like a ladder monkey would they? surely they want someone in full uniform insured Health and safty WFP bla bla bla.

even so i just want to know why would even big company's lower their rates per man and clean commercial if its that bad why not just stick to domestic 1 man typically can earn £200 per day wages £7 per hour look at the profit.(ofc it depends where in the uk and the work)

in commercial its same wages just less profit am i right? or am i missing something , can someone tell me what is the good sides of this crazy commercial crap ;D

weetot

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 08:19:26 pm »
The only reason I try and keep whatever commercial work I have left after 27 years is cos' I can do it in the tanking rain and still get paid, as opposed to sitting at home and making nowt.

I do more domestic work now than I ever did, but that for me is the main reason for keeping commercial buildings, shops, builders merchants etc: :) 

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 08:21:54 pm »
the reason people go for commercial is becasue it can be done in any weather,  throw a few lads on and it is done in now time,  a few of these a day and most have earnt there wages for the day then go on to domestic which is profit

weetot

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 08:21:59 pm »
Oh and I used to clean Asdas windows too, and they couldnt care a less what your're dressed like as long as head office recieve one invoice for a number of sites and one total price to go to one company at the end of the month.

Sorry if I sound bitter, its probably cos I am.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 08:22:04 pm »
if it helps , i used to get £35 to do asda queensferry superstore !!!!

Mate ive seen a picture of the queensferry asda store is it on Aston Road?
I dont blame you for ditching it honesty thats a hell of alot of glass for £35.00

I had a commercial meeting before when i was more newer with the pole i thought commercial may have been the way to go, he told me he had a quote for £100 i looked at the work and thought i could match it at least but i remember wanting more.

anyway i used to clean his house and when i converted to pole he thought he would do me a favour and get me into the commercial sector Ie cleaning his business premises

so i said ok cool £100 it is he said great you invoice me every 3 months i said right so thats £300 per invoice he said no , its £100 per 3 CLEANS!!!

I said  ??? i didnt know what to say i was confused then i saw the invoice of the last company which he showed me who was cleaning it for £105 per 3 months ,he wanted to save a fiver! i did not believe untill i saw it with my own eyes quote a few invoices all stating dates of the cleans for £35 a clean and by the way it was insdie and outside cleaning it would take 1 man maybe 3 hours!.and it was hard work a crap load of glass. insdie glass at 20 something foot double sided LOL... £35....

i totally forgot about this experience and now it all makes sense with what you are all saying how low the prices are.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 08:26:33 pm »
Oh and I used to clean Asdas windows too, and they couldnt care a less what your're dressed like as long as head office recieve one invoice for a number of sites and one total price to go to one company at the end of the month.

Sorry if I sound bitter, its probably cos I am.

What happend they sacked you for cheaper quote?

Crystal-clear

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 08:29:16 pm »
the reason people go for commercial is becasue it can be done in any weather,  throw a few lads on and it is done in now time,  a few of these a day and most have earnt there wages for the day then go on to domestic which is profit

I see that thing about the weather but alot of people swear by cleaning in any weather domestically too , i will be a full-time rain and wind cleaner just dont need to all the time right now as i lack some work.

weetot

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 08:35:30 pm »
Adsa set up their own cleaning firm, mind you this was about 1991 If I can remember.
The firm was called 'Sunlight or Sunset cleaning systems, the cleaners did the floors already, then moved onto the windows, things may have changed since then though.

As for cleaning windows in the rain, I can only get away with a certain percentage of domestic custards who dont whinge about the weather.
Personally I would be out in all weathers doing domestic, but the great unwashed (public) don't think the same way as us.

weetot

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 08:38:32 pm »
I bet you were gutted, when he said "£100 for 3 cleans"

The tight git, just to save a fiver. Typical.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 08:44:38 pm »
I bet you were gutted, when he said "£100 for 3 cleans"

The tight git, just to save a fiver. Typical.

Honestly m8t i was flabbergasted

this was my earlier days and i had high hopes just got the pole i was in shock not only at his tightness but at the other commercial cleaning company what on earth are they thinking of working for such stupid rates.

SPE

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2010, 08:57:29 pm »
Unless i have missed something or need to learn something about commercial..i mean £20 any size is this a joke,?? guys i dont understand why would people do a supermarket is the rates are that low. why would you price it up at £80 just to get in when you could say earn £120 for the same hours in domestic.
I dont clean any supermarkets, but if I did I may apply this reasoning because I could do it earlier than my domestics (usually 9 am start), clean in any weather ( dont on domestics, I dont blame them for not liking it), and it would stop the work going to any competitor. Also I would earn more in a shorter time than on domestics due to parking once and just getting on with the work rather than faffing around burning diesel stuck in traffic, finding parking spaces, unloading and loading etc. if it took 4 hours on first clean say, I'm sure after a couple of cleans I'd be shaving off atleast an hour at the same price.

david watts

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2010, 08:57:51 pm »
thing with supermarkets is also they can be done 7 o clock time 6 even start that time
you can earn more, but they have gone off at the moment my local that i used to clean now
gets sprayed with water evry mth by the looks so you can go in low and just do a crap job
put your worst monkey on it ;)
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

weetot

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2010, 09:42:07 pm »
Yeh I like it "put your worst monkey on it". ;D

SPE

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2010, 09:48:35 pm »
splash n dash  :D

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2010, 12:51:10 am »
i used to clean every tesco fr wrexham to holyhead
2 panes up in/out for a company fr the wirral weekly
now they r 3 weekly always minging not worth
a carrot thats fact  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

weetot

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2010, 11:29:53 am »
 ;)

dai

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2010, 12:08:28 pm »
Quote from: iwitot link=topic=112143.msg957980#msg957980
[/quoVin
[quote

I also agree with this statement.  I did 5 Morrisons stores per week at around £45 per store.  Don't do any now, but I've heard the new guys are gettin' around £18-20 per store, that includes signing in/out and a signature at the end of the clean.
  Your better off doing domestic work. ::)
And that was before he signed on.