Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee GLS

is it really necessary
« on: November 09, 2010, 10:00:37 pm »
is it really necessary to clean the top of the frame on first clean. i have been wfp'ing for a few weeks and have been cleaning the frames first then coming back and doing the glass.

I have then been reading posts on here that people then dont really clean the tops of the frames on subsequent cleans so as not to cause problems with dirt running sown the glass from the top of the frame, you then have the windows with the vents which are just a dirt trap and can cause problems on first cleans if they are cleaned.

I not trying to say dont clean the tops or that i know more than the experienced guys who have been using wfp for years, but can someone tell me why it is benificial to clean the tops of the frames?

Lee

tom2009

Re: is it really necessary
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 10:12:47 pm »
some cleaners stop at the bottom of the top frame. I've knocked an area recently and noticed that many of the windows were the same - clean glass and side/bottom frame, top frames and vents were minging, proper dirty, windows on the ground floor too. I do clean the whole frame, if it's really black i'll get up a ladder for the first time, clean all the muck off and from then on no probs. I'm no expert but thats what I've found and it works for me.

Lee GLS

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 10:14:14 pm »
some cleaners stop at the bottom of the top frame. I've knocked an area recently and noticed that many of the windows were the same - clean glass and side/bottom frame, top frames and vents were minging, proper dirty, windows on the ground floor too. I do clean the whole frame, if it's really black i'll get up a ladder for the first time, clean all the muck off and from then on no probs. I'm no expert but thats what I've found and it works for me.

do you clean the whole frame every time?

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 10:18:14 pm »

yes and no,  i spend the time on the first 2 cleans, try and get all the green off and as clean as poss,  same on second one and after that it is just a quick splash and dash really  ;D  i get the windows clean but dont take as long,as the dirt is only a month old, so comes off easy

tom2009

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 10:21:11 pm »
if I'm honest I don't always do the vent on the 1st floor, I wipe the vent on the ground floor with a microfibre and do the rest of the frames as normal. I probably faff about a bit to get it right but at the moment thats more important to me than hyper speed. Still, I don't do too bad ;)

Tom

prestige cleaners

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 10:24:45 pm »
the thing is if you leave the tops, your going to have to do them eventually, then your really going to have runs, so do tops, then rest, then pane, and come back for an extra rinse at the end of all the windows.

Lee GLS

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 10:26:51 pm »
dirty windows, do you do the tops each time?

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 10:31:13 pm »
Think Quality - not quantity!

The advantage of WFP is you clean the whole thing - glass and frame - if you dont then you are asking for trouble down
the line.
Most dirt is at the top, around the vent and on the top edge of the frame - clean it and clean it well and you will get less spotting.
I have seen too mant posts about people not cleaning the frames properly and then bemoaning theat they are getting runs and spotting.

WFP is a fab tool for cleaning, but like everything else it has to be used properly.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 10:31:21 pm »
I never do the top frame, never have in 6.5 years of wfp. Never had a complaint or request to do them. First cleans are a doddle! ;)

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 10:31:30 pm »

Yes clean all of the frame and windows all the time.
If you put yourself in the customers place and you assume  that you are paying for all the entire window and frames to be cleaned on every visit.

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 10:32:04 pm »
PS -  yes i do the tops EVERY TIME

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Lee GLS

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 10:36:28 pm »
Think Quality - not quantity!

im not trying to do the quickest job possible, i do want to do the best job possible, i just wanted to see what you all do with the tops, because it seemed strange to put all that effort in to first cleans to get the tops clean just to not do it again and let it get dirty

prestige cleaners

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 10:54:53 pm »
the thing is all my work is mostly 8weeks, so theres always a noticeable film of dirt there so yes. i spose if it was weekly or 4 weekly you might get away with it?

chopsie

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 11:16:56 pm »
I have done the top frame every time for quite a few months now. I started out missing them after a lot on here said do not do them after first clean. Then i got called back to 2 houses that had runs/spots, all came from vents and top frame after water splashed up after I was experimenting having pencil jets on high flow rinsing off glass. I now have a high flow with fan jets and rinse on glass and clean top frame every time. Had no complaints as of yet.
chopsie

mark mann

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 11:25:35 pm »
i clean allround frame inc the top and vent and i find on subsequent cleans that its a breeze to just swipe over a couple of times and rinse from top around vent and then down and seems to work well - no complaints  :)
an optimist takes the tartare sauce with him when he goes fishing -

prestige cleaners

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 11:50:34 pm »
i spose wiping the tops with a towel is best, but ive been ok so far,

geefree

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 12:21:16 am »
Get all the dirt off everything on the first clean, and charge accordingly...

then its a doddle every month, and you know you have got all the dirt.

leave them top frames ,and you will forever have to make sure no water ever touches them!!

Because it will drip down as dirty water on to the glass when you have gone.

Spend a little time on the first clean , get everything off, and be proud that you do a good job,

my customers always comment on the frames being lovely and clean....

i sure would not like them to look up and see one dirty bit of frame,

whats the point in that?

Get it done right cock ! ;D ;D ;)

Perfect Windows

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 08:26:56 am »
leave them top frames ,and you will forever have to make sure no water ever touches them!!

Exactly!

Vin

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 08:28:03 am »
If necssary i tend to clean vents and top of frames off with the brush being just damp and certainly with no water flow. Back and forwards across the a few times it removes the dirt but doesnt allow it to run as theres insufficient water purposely for it to be able to do that

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2010, 08:28:13 am »
If necssary i tend to clean vents and top of frames off with the brush being just damp and certainly with no water flow. Back and forwards across the a few times it removes the dirt but doesnt allow it to run as theres insufficient water purposely for it to be able to do that