This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

aquakadabra

canvasing companies
« on: November 09, 2010, 08:32:34 am »
Has anyone used one of these canvasing companies and if so are they any good.

Re: canvasing companies
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 09:06:45 am »
i have never used one, as would rather knock my self,  that way i know what i promise and what the custy wants

to many have said bad things about canvasing companies, but then some swear by them

the only thing i did was pay some one to put out flyers,  but stopped that after a while as wasnt worth it

thing to remember, it is ur business, be in control of it at all times,

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 09:53:50 am »
Some are good, some are bad. I know of one that is being taken to court.

My advise would be that if your getting a round builder, to contact the customers on the list before you hand over the money. Make sure they actually want a regular window cleaner and that the price is right. If your given any that are for next time, don't hand over the cash untill you have got it confirmed the day prior to cleaning.

Some round builders knock and say just try us once and see if you like the service just to get the name and phone number. I found quite a few people wanted just one clean and i had to pay the round builder one clean = I earnt nothing.

If you find a round builder, then ask about them. But make sure you have an email address in your profile so people can contact you directly.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

ian1972

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 02:41:52 pm »
I used George from gdrb a few times he was good not sure if he's still doing it though shame I would use him again

Wc Solutions

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 02:50:42 pm »
is there anyone that do local commercial jobs instead of houses? ....

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 05:33:09 pm »
y not draw a price list up yeah
say tenner for a 3 bed semi etc etc
the prices you want get some one
who is used to door knocking
like a double glazing canvasser who is self
employed give them the first cleans  ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

supernova77

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 05:42:58 pm »
I've never used a canvassing company and never will as I like to be in control of pricing / meeting new customers etc...

However if I ever did use one I would go round to each new customer, introduce myself and make sure they wanted a regular service before parting with any money!

Andy

Crystal-clear

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 07:41:18 pm »
Funny i did the same post when i was new to the forum!,
my answer is good and bad

i have used 2 before.you do get alot of crap
i had some horror custies ,ie they must have been told after one clean you can see if you like the service blah blah. so 2nd clean they did not pay or canceld lol stating they were told its one clean then its up to them .....when you canvas yourself you explain its a regular service strictly not a one clean you wouldnt convince someone for 10 mins you wouldnt say try me then you can cancel, but a canvaser might.

i did get my money back , but only the difference ie £25 house say you pay 2 cleans the way they look at it is you pay £50 for a monthly you get paid £25 the customer cancels for any reason and they will credit you with £25 in otherwords u work for free  ;D and they replace £25 worth of work

Now if you get many of these cancellations or half cancellations they tend to get upset and will stop working for you forcing you to go out alone and actually get customers that want a window cleaner (which is what i recommend just do it yourself)

But on the otherhand i must say that some work was very good , some very nice customers and well priced too so it wasnt all bad

I think once you become busy you should look into maybe using a canvaser as your time on the glass will be worth more then your time canvassing if you know what i mean.

Then again it might be better to employ someone part time then it will free up your time to canvass.

now if you are not good at canvassing or dont like the idea of knocking on doors and you just dont like it (many people dont like it)

Then do some research try and pay them in 2 instalments try and give them a contract and in a nutshell if you dont like canvassing only after doing your research it may be a good move But be carefull it could also be the worst mistake you have done! its luck of the draw!

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 09:00:11 pm »
remember no one works as hard as you will for your business