Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

e newlands

Liability insurance what do you pay
« on: November 08, 2010, 10:29:12 pm »
What do you pay for 5m cover
for builders clean co
Inc carpet cleaning window cleaning and general cleaning in the commercial Market or would 1m de adequate

Pristine Clean

Re: Liability insurance what do you pay
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 07:19:17 am »
Your cover will depend on whether you have had claims, etc.

We pay lots of insurance for many different things from Key loss, carpet cleaning with risk treatment, window cleaning... the list goes on. We pay with everything including employers liability its about £3000 but it covers a hell of a lot.

However you have to consider we have over 40 staff now

including tools etc.
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

trevor perry

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 09:17:01 am »
Your cover will depend on whether you have had claims, etc.

We pay lots of insurance for many different things from Key loss, carpet cleaning with risk treatment, window cleaning... the list goes on. We pay with everything including employers liability its about £3000 but it covers a hell of a lot.

However you have to consider we have over 40 staff now

including tools etc.

that is very cheap for 40 staff which company are you with we pay a lot more than that with only 28 staff having said that we do a lot of powerwashing which insurance companies consider to be high risk, insurance costs also depend a lot upon turnover i am not going to be cheeky enough to ask your turnover but would still like to know which insurance company you use and how you have found their service. thanks
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Pristine Clean

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 10:59:03 am »
If I remember correctly, Its Amlin.

Pressure washing is something we have not got on the schedule. Cant say good or bad really, never had a claim except when we had a claim against someone else they dealt with it, and sorted in under 10 days.

As for turnover, I don't wish to get into battles... we are VAT registered - case of having to be.

I will just add here, if you give your insurance the wrong info on what they terms as Risk you could be paying higher than you need to. We gave things like window cleaning a low % as we only employ about 5 window cleaners the other employees are not covered for window cleaning. So works out cheaper.

So if you know certain staff are not going to be performing a certain task, dont get them covered.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

e newlands

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 12:41:22 pm »
Looking for a guide price at the other end of the spectrum there's only 4 of us

Pristine Clean

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 04:48:04 pm »
depending on what you are asking and cleaning.

I would say about £250 - 400 per year

Are you paying more than that?

e newlands

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 11:24:13 pm »
no 290

its sounds about right then

cheers