Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gr cleaning solutions

wand problem
« on: November 08, 2010, 05:06:21 pm »
Hi all I'm having a problem with my wand and need help   ???
the nut on the trigger end at the top off metal solution tube is cracked how or can the nut be replace or not any help would be great 

justin brown

Re: wand problem
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 05:44:15 pm »
hi, have you had a frost recently? If so and you then run water through it it heats up and the nut and washer cracks. i emailed my supplier and he sent me a new spring, washer and nut down. hope this helps. justin
i am here to learn and appreciate any help

robert meldrum

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 06:51:47 pm »
It's vey thin and designed to give way under the expansion of frozen water safeguarding the more expensive parts of the mechanism.

Similar to core plugs in an engine block.

Take note of the order the parts come out so that you get it right first time when re assembling.

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 08:08:04 pm »
thanks for the replies its nothing to do with the trigger its the brass nut what screws onto the trigger holding the long metal solutions pipe to the jets sorry if the first post was misleading.
the brass nut has spilt

garyj

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 08:13:46 pm »
I've had as well, I took mine to a local engineers and they brazed it, they did say it was only a temporary solution but it held out.

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 08:18:44 pm »
i was thinking of trying the plumping centre

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 08:33:33 pm »
I've had as well, I took mine to a local engineers and they brazed it, they did say it was only a temporary solution but it held out.
how much did you pay them to braze it

garyj

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 01:10:57 am »
£20, but it meant I could get on with the job that day as they did it there and then and only took about 15 mins.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 06:49:00 am »
a hydraulics hose & fittings company will sell them (someone like Pirtek) these normally split when over tightened

you will probably have to change the brass olive as well
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 07:44:32 pm »
I went to my local hydraulics company and ive got sorted now , ive also order a new trigger unit from woodbridge so hopefully i can get my wand going.