Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris R

Cgt New
« on: November 08, 2010, 04:19:36 pm »

;D
Staffordshire

Graeme@Access

Re: Chems reacted with 1001 - gone purple !
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 04:58:37 pm »
Hi,

I take it you are now responsible for this as there was no liability waiver?

My advice is to get a waiver in writing before hitting any stains with reducing or oxidising agents.

Goodluck

Graeme
Access Cleaning Solutions

ETA you could try oxidising it out with a peroxide. that may well change the colour as well but it could be a palatable one.

gwrightson

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 05:15:53 pm »

Hi Chris

my first question would be . Why did you apply sod met on to it in the first place?

Reading fro your post it seems you you applied directly onto the stain and 1001 with out first of all removing the 1001 and attemting a straight forward hwe, sos met may well react with 1001 , i wouldnt know tbh but this should have been your first task, and why would you extract the sod met ? the process needs to be left and is self neutrilising . i would say go  back and extract then apply sod met and speed up the operation by drying with hair dryer, see what sort of result you get doing this.
geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 08:48:01 pm »
Clearly it's too late to go through the what you should have done and not what you did do.
If I were you I would track down a guy called Doug Hollaway (carpet cleaner in Essex) and get's on various forums now and again. The guy was a chemist in a previous life and might just have some sort of answer to undo this.

Nigel_W

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 07:00:08 am »
I would be very surprised if the original stain was tea. You may be barking up the wrong tree.

Nigel
www.designcare.co.uk

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 08:11:43 am »

If I were you I would track down a guy called Doug Hollaway (carpet cleaner in Essex) and get's on various forums now and again. The guy was a chemist in a previous life and might just have some sort of answer to undo this.

He still is a moderator on here - Clean It Up. Surprised hes not popped up yet  - perhaps on holiday.

Chris R

1 New
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 05:47:25 pm »
 :-[
Staffordshire