This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Perfect Windows

Twenty second time-saving tips
« on: November 08, 2010, 02:11:51 pm »
I know this will invite a deluge of ill-thought out so-called "funny" responses from the usual suspects, but here goes.

I've mentioned elsewhere that twenty seconds per customer at fifteen customers a day is five minutes saved.  I have one or two ways I save time, but I'd be keen to hear more.

Before anyone accuses me of living to work, remember that if you could find 12 such tips, you'd have an hour a day more at home with your feet up while still earning the same.

Vin

Perfect Windows

Re: Twenty second time-saving tips
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 02:14:03 pm »
1. Post your "windows done" slip when you're next to the front door cleaning it rather than wasting time going back to the van to write it out.

2. Note in the customer's details which ones need the long pole so you set off with it rather than having to come back to the van for it.

Vin

formb

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 02:24:51 pm »
Always have enough change on you for the customer whose house you are cleaning.

Ian101

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 02:33:46 pm »
write slips out in the morning before u start and post them at start of job ... if theyre in they will come and pay you if their out then saves knocking and waiting to get no reply .... find it more efficient

ant french

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 02:43:54 pm »
Put cushion insoles into your work boots,that way you have more of a spring in your step and can gain approx 6 inches distance per house,lets say 20 houses per day = 120 inches (10 foot) per day,over 20 days per month = 200 feet per month (approx 60 meters).....potentially saving 6 seconds per month if you run like Linford Christie.... ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ::)

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 02:55:20 pm »
write all invoices and call back slips and stick em in ya pockets go to bed with most of ya window cleaning stuff on saves a load of goddam time there just stick ya pockeys on and away ya go

Klean07

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 02:55:45 pm »
Start at 930 and finish at 3pm. This will save you 30 minutes per day and 150 minutes per week. This is because your travelling to and from work after and before the dreaded "school run" ;D
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 02:56:13 pm »
on houses right next door to each other clean all the tops first save you collapsing and extending the pole(as long as theres no fence between properties.sometimes i clean the tops of 4 houses before cleaning the ground floors!

have your trad gear on belt with a bottle so no carrying bucket if you trad some ground floors.

if you use a trolley get 30m of 5mm extension hose save you keep moving the trolley.

dazmond

price higher/work harder!

formb

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 03:02:31 pm »
WFP:

Always carry a scraper in your pocket.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 03:11:26 pm »
sleep in ya car running saves time on warming it up

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 07:31:31 pm »
If the downstairs top frames are easy to reach from the ground - and are getting a little dirty on regular cleans - especially if it has a vent - use an old towel to wipe the frame so that you don't have to wait for them to stop dripping before doing the glass.

Rather than blast every last bit of grit out of the joint between UPVC doors and bottom cill use an old towel to wipe them last of all. This will save water as well as time.
It's a game of three halves!

roundbuilder

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 07:41:01 pm »
always start on the furthest away house from where you live. Also always pull the hose out to the furthest point too while working. And stop talking to custies for so long.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 07:41:34 pm »
Then you get one customer who comes to the door, goes back in, fumbles about looking for her purse etc.

All that effort down the pan! ;D

Perfect Windows

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 07:46:21 pm »
And stop talking to custies for so long.

Ain't that the truth.

Although... I do think it's important to talk to custys.  They are, after all, the people who will refer you or not.  And it's part of the fun of the game.  The problem is keeping the chat to a decent length.

Vin

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 08:14:39 pm »
Think ahead before you move, concentrate on what your going to do next before you do it. Use your brain not your brawn  8)

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 08:39:37 pm »
Think ahead before you move, concentrate on what your going to do next before you do it. Use your brain not your brawn  8)

Kung foo window cleaning almost.Imagine the dirt on the house as you drive to it.See it being removed in your mind.See it with the clarity of pure water.The ten pound note currently in the customers pocket rightfully. belongs in yours.As you drive away repeat the mantra 'i'll be back'.Start thinking about the dirt on the next house.Repeat.

Tips try and organise the front of your van, the office.Use my loop tips to keep pole hose off the floor.

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 09:13:01 pm »
Think like you have a boss.Will he let you off early or would he want you to finish that last job.

Stop being so tight.How many use paper clips?See i bet not one of you.

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 09:56:45 pm »
i think most of it is down to common sense!i usually like to work at a steady brisk measured pace but i think if we think about every minute of every day its time for a cup or tea/coffee and a chat with a custy(only 5 mins mind!)then crack on!

havin a couple of 5 min breaks actually will INCREASE your productivity over the working day!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

windowswashed

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 10:01:28 pm »
Do make the effort to talk to your customers as they will make a point of letting you know if a house, flat, bungalow, you clean near to them is a waste of time if their neighbour has moved out into a nursing home or is in hospital , etc saving you a waste of time on a job you wouldn't get paid for :)

They will also be more in favour of recommending you to their friends if you are polite, understanding and approachable rather than trying to save a few minutes by being rude and impatient to your regular customers in order to save a minute or two ;)

It works two ways :)

G Griffin

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 10:13:54 pm »
I abstain from `you know what` on a work day.
That saves 20 seconds in the morning.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐