This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

petemg

round gone stale
« on: November 08, 2010, 01:21:02 pm »
hi ya all :) been at this game 18months got 150 custies thougt i might of got more recomendations to grow the round on,but most of the custies i have are going from monthly to 6 or 8 weekly which means i have to fill the gaps to get more income,i suppose its a matter of canvasing all the time, to keep the numbers up..............pete

Re: round gone stale
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 01:27:30 pm »
Dont let them go to 6-8 weekly.

I am building my round at the minute and a few have said "can you leave it because its coming winter now" or " can you not do it monthly instead of fortnightly" and my response is sorry if i cancel your windows there is no guarantee i will have time to clean yours after winter or i dont do monthly.

Dont forget your the boss so dont let the customers have there way. I had a women last week paying me £6 for her house and she tried to get the price down by the time she went in a was cleaning her conservatory too and charging her £8.50 every fortnight.

Danny

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 01:39:50 pm »
ive had one or two that have said can i go 8 weekly.i have plenty of work though so ive just accommodated them at the moment.i struggle to get round as much in winter so its more like 5 weeks or even 6 occasionally.

some custies are noticing the windows are still clean after 4-5 weeks due to wfp!im seriously thinking next year of putting my whole round on 6 weekly.

fortnightly danny?i stopped doing that over 10 years ago!!a few are now thinking that 4 weekly is too often!! ::) ::)

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

ian1972

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 01:50:22 pm »
Monthly is good fortnightly is way to often give your round a kick pall get out knocking mate

martinsadie

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 01:55:13 pm »
Monthly is good fortnightly is way to often give your round a kick pall get out knocking mate
nothing wrong with fortnightly if you can get it  :P

Perfect Windows

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 01:58:45 pm »

Yes, whatever you do, don't give your customers what they want. 

Vin

glen parva

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 02:06:50 pm »
my whole round is now 6 or 12 weekly due to the down turn and the wfp stays clean longer and my custies are happier now

ian1972

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 02:08:06 pm »
Fortnightly wfp is to often,and not giving your custys wat they want sounds like a great way of keeping them lol

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 02:45:01 pm »
danny is trad, that is why he is 2 weeks,   the nest thing to do is knock all the time get lapods of custy so that u r bursting at the seems,

i have noticed since i got a lad in to help me so i get a few free days a week,  custy say u got a helper now, and i say yea, its getting too busy, thats why sometimes i am late getting back, as if i dont get it done when on list aint sure when it will be done,  if a custy says leave it till after xmas dump them,  thats all i do,

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 02:51:28 pm »
if i can get a few 2wkers thats fab but dont do a 8 wker change mate get rid and replace

mikecam

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 05:16:54 pm »

I was thinking that too !! I must be a numpty, i let my customers tell me what they want and like a mug i do it !!!  ;D

windiewasher

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 05:35:19 pm »
i have a few at over a tenner on fortnightlys,because thats what they wanted from day 1,customer is always right imo! :)
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 05:37:26 pm »
We've decided to toughen up on some of ours - we will only do 'next week' if it suits us - at times we were running round keeping customers happy which is just daft.  We ditched one yesterday because he decided he'd do the windows himself this time but wanted them done before Christmas - it was only a £5 and we told him to sod off. Alan canvassed today and picked up a couple more. QED. Time wasters and those that mess you around have to go ;D

windiewasher

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 05:52:08 pm »
good on you,too many want it to suit them all the time!
We've decided to toughen up on some of ours - we will only do 'next week' if it suits us - at times we were running round keeping customers happy which is just daft.  We ditched one yesterday because he decided he'd do the windows himself this time but wanted them done before Christmas - it was only a £5 and we told him to sod off. Alan canvassed today and picked up a couple more. QED. Time wasters and those that mess you around have to go ;D
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 06:17:09 pm »
good on you,too many want it to suit them all the time!

Yes, that's the ticket; never do what a customer wants.  That's my guiding light.  If a customer requests something, say "no" on principle.

Vin

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 06:47:19 pm »

I was thinking that too !! I must be a numpty, i let my customers tell me what they want and like a mug i do it !!!  ;D

Many a true word spoken in jest.
It's a game of three halves!

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 07:27:46 pm »

What if they don`t want to pay or pay what you want?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐