This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

whos working today
« on: November 08, 2010, 07:36:35 am »
just seen the weather report,  heavy shower/rain all day,  bbc says it going to rain all day over most of the country,  looked out clear blue skys

think i will risk it

Moderator David@stives

Re: whos working today
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 07:40:57 am »
Blue

My guys are all out, just get out there, Northern Softy.

Dave

Perfect Windows

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 07:55:34 am »
I am.

Rain all day over most of the country?

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ says not for me but there is a big band where that looks possible.  In which case, wear a hat.

Vin

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 07:56:28 am »
Been out this morning, just having breakfast and going out again but have heard on the radio that there are going to be winds upto 65 miles- So will work until it gets worst out there.  :-\

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 07:59:43 am »
am going out just waiting for my long johns to get a bit toasty then i am out  ;D

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 08:01:38 am »
Been raining here since 6am non stop. Would say its medium rain. Going to go out, but not doing my 3 storey work today as the wind is gusting every now and then... Wouldn't want to be caught out by a sudden gust.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

boldy1304

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 08:05:34 am »
im off to do a big gutter and facia job im behind on windows but none of my custys would like it done in the rain

bobby p

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 08:08:10 am »
very windy on the east coast,rain too/   im still not over my ladder fall tother week so im going to give it a miss today

its suprizing how long an injury takes to heal .even though i didnt break my ankles after that Laddermat gave out on me, they took a hell of a whacking and im thinking itll be xmas before i dare run anywhere

windiewasher

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 08:14:30 am »
Says dry allday for  lincs coast so ill be out in. A bit
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

DaveG

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 08:19:33 am »
Told the Mrs it looks like rain today, so Ive been roped into the shopping ::)
You can't polish a turd

Steve CM

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 08:45:48 am »
being a van down at the minute we will be working even if there is 50 inches of snow or even if armageddon decides to happen!

Jackal

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 08:47:29 am »
cant be bothered heavy rain here be soaked in half hour and back home so no thanks

erithwc

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 09:02:05 am »
not working today got to wait at home for a delivery that didn't turn up on friday  >:(
once my delivery gets here i will have a nice pair of tuffking work boots  ;D

i hate the rain and im worried about what im going to do when i get big enough to employ, i would hope that being domestic only it won't make much difference as long as all the work gets done over the course of the six week i won't lose any money  ???

Londoner

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 09:03:05 am »
I don't work in this sort of rain. No point, I know people say customers don't mind but you do get a lot of adverse comments and one customer recently cancelled after I cleaned her windows in the rain last time.
Another has asked me not to do it again. She was OK about it but obviously if she took the trouble to phone up and say something she must mean it.

I wonder how many more say nothing but aren't happy about it.

Jackal

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 09:13:55 am »
id say no custards like cleaning in the rain but some understand you got make a living,but most dont care and want it dry before you clean,i wont clean in heavy rain tho to much hassle

Llaaww

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 09:18:40 am »
Not today, The van is having new shocks fitted. and a couple of other bits for the MOT..... I left my fAgs in the van, and the nearest shop is miles away, and its raining. DOH!!
if it is dirty it is fair game

bobplum

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 09:36:19 am »
very windy on the east coast,rain too/   im still not over my ladder fall tother week so im going to give it a miss today

its suprizing how long an injury takes to heal .even though i didnt break my ankles after that Laddermat gave out on me, they took a hell of a whacking and im thinking itll be xmas before i dare run anywhere

WFP ?
bob

ian1972

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 09:38:44 am »
Not today but that cause wife has just gone back work after maternaty leave and childcare is only ready tommorow,or belive me I would be out there thought it was southerner that were softys? Lol

barry80

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 09:54:43 am »
not today not fair on custies me thinks, but will catch up when rain stops.... :)
hello.

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 10:00:29 am »
certainly not!!its cold, windy and heavy rain!like a lot of you guys i do work in light /medium rain if im already out and its not too windy.

thats why i think its important to work saturdays if you have work to do rather than leave it until monday!! ;) ;D ;D

ive got plenty of work to do but itll wait until tommorrow.severe weather warning in force here and snow over the hills!!!

now im wfp i can clean more in a day so make the most of the drier days.i will work in the rain later on in the week if its not hammering it down.i get the odd "not today"in the rain but still earn pretty well.

dazmond
price higher/work harder!