Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

Advice needed
« on: November 07, 2010, 11:11:01 pm »
I am in the process of fitting a steam genie sizzler truck mount. I have added a freshwater tank but do not know what water pump to fit between the water tank and inlet. There are that many different pumps out there. Can anyone advise as to which make and model is required. I think about 35 psi with high water flow but just have no idea which one to go for.

wynne jones

Re: Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 11:50:31 pm »
Normally a Flowjet or Shurflo pump is used. You will need to find out (usually in the manual) what flow rate the pump needs to be, but it's usually 15-20lpm. You can invest in a good pump or get a cloned version much cheaper but these don't always last.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 11:08:56 am »
Having looked in the manual it doesnot mention anything about the flow rate. All it states is that there is a pressure cut off switch and i the incoming water supply drops below 15psi it cuts out the machine.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 08:42:40 pm »
15 to 20 lpm never
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 09:05:10 pm »
Just get a Shurflo on demand pump (aquaking is prob best) and get the highest flow rate possible, dont worry about psi as this is irrelevant.

Its no good getting a pump that is underflowed and regretting it!

Mark

wynne jones

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 09:42:06 pm »
I would google american carpet cleaning forums then ask on there. Your problem is your TM is not common and you really want someone who knows for sure what you need. Also bear in mind a pump on it's own will burn out the pressure switch very quickly, you need something that hold the pressure in the system so the pump cuts in less often.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 09:52:24 pm »
you need a pump to take water from the fresh tank and stick it in your water box, just like 95% of all T/ms

call prochem, hydramaster or alltec. what machine you have makes no difference
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 10:06:10 pm »
Having looked in the manual it doesnot mention anything about the flow rate. All it states is that there is a pressure cut off switch and i the incoming water supply drops below 15psi it cuts out the machine.

what this is referring to is when the machine is hooked up to a external tap rather than having a water tank on the van, which is common in  the USA where your machine was designed for. if you hook up to an outside tap and some on in the house flushes the toilet or starts to run a bath then they flow into the machine will drop so rather than cause damage it cuts out.

this is not relevent to the choice of a supply pump as all will be higher than 15psi
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 08:19:15 am »
I put a new Shreflo pump onto the Prowler I just sold. This was in August 2010
Got it from Williamson Pumps, West Sussex 0845 226 3638
Part no 2088-5145-145  Diaphragm Pump 12volt 45psi  £141.19 plus delivery plus vat (£175.89)
As recommended by John Keelly at Restormate.

This pump is more heavy duty then the one that packed up after 200 hours

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 01:02:00 pm »
I have spoken to Hydromaster and they have said that I need also fit an accumilator as well as the pump they sell. Any comments on this ??? I was told that the accumilator makes the water transfer easier and the pump will cut out when tank full. Is this correct or just a way of getting more money out of me?

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 01:13:48 pm »
Thanks Joe . It appears the pump you reccommend is the same one as hydromaster ... but what about this accumilator... is it actually required?

Mark Slaney

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 04:02:41 pm »
I have spoken to Hydromaster and they have said that I need also fit an accumilator as well as the pump they sell. Any comments on this ??? I was told that the accumilator makes the water transfer easier and the pump will cut out when tank full. Is this correct or just a way of getting more money out of me?

Martin, craig and john at Hydramaster are spot on with there customer service. If that's what they say you will need. You will.

Mark.

richy27

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 05:47:25 pm »

Martin, craig and john at Hydramaster are spot on with there customer service. If that's what they say you will need. You will.

Mark.

what he said  hydramaster lads are always spot on

Joe H

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 06:05:47 pm »
Well,certainly the Prowler does not have an accumulator and worked very well.
Whether yours does or not I wouldnt know.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 09:48:05 pm »
The accumulotor or expansion vessel stops the pump cycling as much the one hydramaster sell is the very expensive stainless steel one made by shurflo I think There are cheaper options

Tony

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 10:12:00 pm »
http://www.williamson-shop.co.uk/index.asp?function=SEARCH

Accumulator Link When I was looking into all this when I installed my TM the guy at Williamsons said that they supplied Hydramaster

Tony

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 09:01:39 am »
accumilater is not needed. All it does is stop the pump from cutting in and out so often, which will prolong the life of the pump but does the extra cost warrant it?

Joe H

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 03:11:37 pm »
So when we talk about accumulator, its just a reservoir - am I correct.??

John Kelly advised the higher priced pump probably because it was more heavy duty to be able to cope with the extra demand not having a reservoir might give.

wynne jones

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 03:21:22 pm »
On a real Truckmount there is a header tank and a float valve. As you wand the float goes down and the water is replenished. This is happening constantly and the presure switch on a pump gets a lot of action.

The accumulatot allows a build up of pressure and at a certain point kicks in the presure swicth preventing the constant on and off of the switch. You can get them from pluming suppliers a lot cheaper than Prochem. ;)

Buckland

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2010, 03:32:40 pm »
We just recently did a complete re-build on our Prochem Performer - engine out, blower etc frame stripped, powder coated, the whole nine yards - I cannot believe the increase in pleasure in getting to a job this brings in the morning - the accumalator bladder was completely k-nackered - it was stripped down and the bladder was replaced with new one from Speck Pumps UK Ltd High Wycombe 27 quid - now works like it should do - no RSI from wanding with big burst of pressure everytime you pull the trig! serious pain in arm on big jobs! - trigger is soft and gentle now - get it done 'properjob'  is my advice
Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk