Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

G Griffin

Re: firefighting
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2010, 10:56:01 pm »
Sensai,
We`re only joking, well some are.
And it`s only a bit of fun about what they do when they`re not on a job, not the job they do.
They do a vitally important job.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

LWC

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2010, 11:05:59 pm »
Im sorry but it does tick me off that all though some of you "may" be joking its said in jest.

I want to be a fireman more than anything, and i want to do it to help people...and yes id still carry on window cleaning to...i just dont get your issues.

Do any of you know just how hard it is to get in aswel? Its really hard work. The application is 6 questions of 300 words each which has to go through the selection process, then if, IF your accepted its then 4 hours of writtens, if you pass then 4 hours of physical tests. Then if youve got that far its the interview which is about 45 minutes long in front of a panel...i went for Surrey fire service last and there was 23,000 applications!

Ive passed the writtens and physicals but havent manage to pass an interview yet. But will try again, but means ive gotta start from scratch.

Could any of you do that? Then live with seeing sites that will stick with you forever and a day. I would hate for you guys to think of me in this way when i get in after all my hard work and hours and hours of preperation just to get in. Give em a break lads even if you are joking...i dunna find this one funny sorry.

wpclean

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2010, 11:17:59 pm »
It is a very good wage with benefits, and hardly anyone leaves the service because it is that good.

I think the only problem is when they have other jobs like window cleaning and can afford to charge less, thereby putting  the full time wc at a disadvantage competing with the price !

LWC

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2010, 11:20:32 pm »
Theres loads of guys cheaper than me...but people still use me? Why? Because they choose to.

mci services

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2010, 11:21:34 pm »
Im sorry but it does tick me off that all though some of you "may" be joking its said in jest.

I want to be a fireman more than anything, and i want to do it to help people...and yes id still carry on window cleaning to...i just dont get your issues.

Do any of you know just how hard it is to get in aswel? Its really hard work. The application is 6 questions of 300 words each which has to go through the selection process, then if, IF your accepted its then 4 hours of writtens, if you pass then 4 hours of physical tests. Then if youve got that far its the interview which is about 45 minutes long in front of a panel...i went for Surrey fire service last and there was 23,000 applications!

Ive passed the writtens and physicals but havent manage to pass an interview yet. But will try again, but means ive gotta start from scratch.

Could any of you do that? Then live with seeing sites that will stick with you forever and a day. Give em a break lads even if you are joking...i dunna find this one funny sorry.

mate I have family that are retained firemen in rural locations, and my hat comes off to them, my hat also comes off to full time firemen, but the post about flying across Europe to cover the strikes was not made up, but what I do know is the wage of a private soldier is far less than a fireman and these young lads are covering strikes because the fire service feel they have been hard done to.

I have nothing against them doing windows or anything else as long as it is declared and a guy local to me openly admitted he cleaned carpets at a lot less than the established firms as he only wanted to pay for his golf trips away

G Griffin

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2010, 11:29:50 pm »
The joke`s not really about the firemen, it`s the cliched idea of firemen.
Like tradders in Mondeos working for beer money, accountants and wfp users being boring, chefs being fat and the clergy working one day a week.
It`s the cliche that`s funny, not the job.
Well, that`s true for me.  
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ian_Giles

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2010, 06:08:42 am »
I'm locking this thread as it is little more than a wind up joke thread or a deliberately argumentative one.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES