Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Klean07

Anyone had "Gout"
« on: November 07, 2010, 07:30:13 pm »
I get it about twice a year. Had it for last 6 days, first my ankle was swollen now its my big toe. Went out last night and had to wear Crocs bcus I couldn't get any other shoes on. Its very painfull too.
Btw I don't drink port and only drink about 4 pints of lager a week.
I did work though last week but felt like hopalong Cassidy!!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Silver Surfer

Re: Anyone had "Gout"
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 07:35:08 pm »
mate of mine had it,he was told to eat cherrys.There is something in them that helps to stop the cristalizing!!!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 07:39:47 pm »
sign of a bad diet mate,get down the quacks for a course of tablets. ;)

only had it once.

ant french

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 07:51:02 pm »
mate im 31 and i get gout its worst pain ive ever had,slightest knock to my leg would vibrate to my big toe. i was sat a whole week with my foot up and dipping it into hot and cold water to take swelling down and pain away. then i read somewhere that black cherries get rid of it so being desperate i ate lots of them and within 72 hrs no more gout. was strange.  i think id rather have tooth ache to be honest.

ant french

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 07:56:45 pm »
Klean07   booze dont cause it, i know this because i dont drink and i have a pretty healthy diet, i do know to many tomatoes can bring it on aswell. you just got to watch what you eat.

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 08:25:44 pm »
am sure it can be stressed related as well, 

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 08:30:01 pm »
I used to work with a guy who suffered from it, you have my sympathy as this guy was no wimp & I saw him suffer terribly with it.

G Griffin

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 08:35:13 pm »
I get it about twice a year. Had it for last 6 days, first my ankle was swollen now its my big toe. Went out last night and had to wear Crocs bcus I couldn't get any other shoes on. Its very painfull too.
Btw I don't drink port and only drink about 4 pints of lager a week.
I did work though last week but felt like hopalong Cassidy!!

You have my sympathy mate.......you had to wear Crocs ;D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

ant french

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 08:37:04 pm »
i last had my attack of gout in september and i never had a car licence so i had to walk my daughter to school ( 1 mile there and 1 back ) it took me 35 mins to go to school with her, i even when and bought crutches so my foot didnt have to touch the ground and everyone said wots up u broken ya foot and id ttell them its gout and they all said you dont need crutches but what would they know, they never had it lol

Silver Surfer

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 08:43:55 pm »
You all better start "POPING" a few cherrys Lol ;D ;D

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 08:58:50 pm »
I had it once and was told I was eating too much meat (Red mead & chicken especially). I change my diet & never had problems again.

Klean07

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 10:42:13 pm »
I did go out a few times for meals out in last couple of weeks due to being lots of birthdays in family etc. So TGI Fridays, Chiqito's, Jimmy Spices, Wing Wah, and a couple of balti's may have been the cause of flare up this time. Shall have to remember to order some cherry curries next time then lol.

ant french

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 11:00:57 pm »
they gotta be black cherries not norm red cherries lol

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 07:56:13 am »
Hi all not been on for a while with both my mum wifes mum same hospital both with bowl cancer cant write this story :'( I also suffer from gout just had this last week,in my left foot on the top of the foot leading into the toe,its the most painful pain to get last about 4 to 6 days then goes as fast as it came, I to was told to eat cherrys or drinks of the kind fruit it breaks down the crystals that form on the bone,I also suffer from back discomfort,since my fall in a esso garage where they washed the floor,with no signs up, my lawers are dealing with this now.
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

ant french

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 11:28:21 am »
oh i forgot lots and lots of water helps aswell it flushes ya system  ;D  i feel ya pain i really do, but rather you than me lol  :P

Klean07

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 02:42:08 pm »
Still can't get my trainers or shoes on. Just as well though as its rained here all day. At least its given me chance to sort my books out once and for all. My kitchen and office looks like a paper recycling plant. :(

ant french

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 02:45:28 pm »
get ya foot in a bucket of hotish water and notice the pain will go, then wack ice pack to it and the swelling will go away then wack ya shoe on fast.  i remember one night i needed to loo so i dived outta bed and forgot my gout, soon woke me up lmao

Klean07

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 02:48:21 pm »
Funny thing is that I phoned doc for appointment this morning, cant get one till Wednesday afternoon. But by that time my shoes will fit me again and I'll probs forget about going. ;D

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 03:04:16 pm »
terry mate sue the sods mate  ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 06:37:34 pm »
chap limps into the doctors
doctor says gout
chap says ive only just come in  ;D ;D