Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Re: Blue monkey
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2010, 11:00:25 pm »
Ok I am arrogant.

Wifes a bit prickley tonight too.  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2010, 11:18:00 pm »
Ok I am arrogant.

Wifes a bit prickley tonight too.  ;D

No offence meant  :).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2010, 11:23:05 pm »
None taken

ian1972

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2010, 06:49:54 am »
This is getting a bit daft now,ever

ian1972

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2010, 07:43:30 am »
Hate coming on here on phone it keeps cutting off,anyway I don't think anyone should be getting nasty or personal about this everyone is entitled to there opinion weather that be good or bad,the forum is a info stop off point mainly were people pick up ideas of moor experiand guys,both ronnie and dave seem to of done well out of this game.and any ideas or help they can give should be taken seriously,only dave and blue monkey no if the dig that was made was serious or not but yes it did sound harsh and nasty from a outsiders view,so pack it in you lot!!!!!!!! Lol

Bryan_Dolby

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2010, 08:02:20 pm »
Hi Everybody
Sorry for not giving any feedback but just finished my home work
It is very frustrating reading comments on here about the FWC from people who have never been members of the FWC and only just been window cleaning a few years.
Let me give you just a couple of things the FWC as achieved in the last few years
Got the HSE to give what is legislation about cleaning balconies
Meeting with the HSE to discuss health and safety problems
What would have happened if the EU got their way and they did BAN LADDERS? FWC fought this all the way and got the result. (5 years of fighting)
HSE production of ladders guidance
Organise trade shows
IOSH health and safety training
Help write the NVQ standards
Help write the BETEC standards
HAS ANY OF THE ABOVE HELPED YOUR BUISNESS
These are just a few of the things they have achieved and as you can see a lot of window cleaners that are not members of the FWC have gained by this
The FWC is changing but this cannot happen over night so please give them some time
The FWC membership as got more one man bands as members than the bigger companies
The post as done its requirements, thank you Darren for been honest it was not done in malice just an observation.
Bryan
Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)
My opinons are my own and nothing to do with the federation of window cleaners

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2010, 08:10:48 pm »
no prob bryan, like i said i aint going to fall out with any one over opinons

lee09

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2010, 08:18:16 pm »

It is very frustrating reading comments on here about the FWC from people who have never been members of the FWC and only just been window cleaning a few years.

This is exactly what puts me off the fed. Is there a time limit on how long we should have traded before we can apply. I have 10 years experience is that enough.
I do not doubt you have worked and have the best interests of members at heart, but it still seems like a old man's club.
Now if you could negotiate cheaper van insurance deals for wfp, I would be impressed
I don't mean to always jump on your posts.
Lee

Bryan_Dolby

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2010, 08:59:28 pm »
Lee

Good question

I think you have to look at the bigger picture no one can go for cheaper van insurance ,Public  liability & Employers  Liability at this moment ,I have been  to meetings with the under writers in London , but they said there’s to many claims (for every pound they get in they were paying 3 pounds out)
The reason the policies are going up is because of the claims history
You have only got to look on here how many vans have been stolen or crashed with no fault of the owner ,but some were some one is dipping into the pot of money and its running out so insurance goes up
The other side to this is the quality of the policy; you will only know how good your policy is when you try to claim.
I have been contacted by a lot of window cleaners with what they thought good policy but when they tried to claim the insurance company said
LOOK AT THE SMALL PRINT YOU ARE NOT COVERED FOR THAT
Bryan
Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)
My opinons are my own and nothing to do with the federation of window cleaners

Re: Blue monkey New
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2010, 09:26:13 pm »
bryan, how about contact the water companyies and getting legit windows cleaners cheaper water  as all they need is  registered with the tax man

AuRavelling79

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2010, 09:49:31 pm »
Hi Everybody
Sorry for not giving any feedback but just finished my home work

That's ok.

The problem for your org. is that a lot of windies have started in the last few years and see no relevance in the FED. I think they see the FED as an anachronism.

Let me give you just a couple of things the FWC as achieved in the last few years
Got the HSE to give what is legislation about cleaning balconies
Meeting with the HSE to discuss health and safety problems
What would have happened if the EU got their way and they did BAN LADDERS? FWC fought this all the way and got the result. (5 years of fighting)

If ladders for window cleaning were banned and enforced we would have a safer industry. I seem to manage just fine with no ladders despite there being no absolute ban. In my opinion the fighting to retain ladders at all but minimal height shows protectionism for the old trad. "boys club", not a desire to improve safety for their workers.

HSE production of ladders guidance

See above

Organise trade shows

::)

IOSH health and safety training

You lost me at fighting to retain ladders

Help write the NVQ standards
Help write the BETEC standards

Gimme a break! - This is window cleaning!

HAS ANY OF THE ABOVE HELPED YOUR BUISNESS

No

These are just a few of the things they have achieved and as you can see a lot of window cleaners that are not members of the FWC have gained by this
The FWC is changing but this cannot happen over night so please give them some time
The FWC membership as got more one man bands as members than the bigger companies
The post as done its requirements, thank you Darren for been honest it was not done in malice just an observation.
Bryan

Bryan -  I believe I have not gained one jot from the Fed. I remember the posts from Phil Hanson who joined and who I believe asked to see the FED accounts - am I right in saying he asked to see the accounts and that he wasn't allowed to?

I have never been asked (by county councils, blue chip companies or "Doris Domestic") if I am a member of the FED. They do ask if I am a) insured and b) wfp, though.

The only thing that the Fed would have done for me is to put a logo on my headed paper so that I could demonstrate I was a "bona fide" business.

Now the Guild has started with a requirement that I have to have public liability insurance. (And I get a logo too.) That makes sense. And it is worth £20.
It's a game of three halves!