Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bryan_Dolby

Blue monkey
« on: November 07, 2010, 11:54:57 am »
Hi Darren
Just an observation to your comments about the FWC on most posts you have put some input on and the post are not even about the FWC
Every thing is negative 
You have only been registered on this site since June 26, 2010, 01:26:02 PM and you are a member of the guild
Have you read everything about the FWC or is it just an opinion at this moment
I understand everybody as the right to make comments, but some make a conclusion with no prior knowledge
Bryan Dolby
Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)
My opinons are my own and nothing to do with the federation of window cleaners

Frankybadboy

Re: Blue monkey
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 03:38:42 pm »
1st time monkey got nothing to say :o :o :o :o

come on darren :P

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 04:31:13 pm »
i was actually registered before that i just deleted my account, to try and stop me coming on here, but i couldnt resist it

the opnions i have are my own and if i have negative one about the FWC then i am sorry,  i just do not feel that the FWC operates in the best intrests of window cleaners, as  you only represent a small miniority of wc  but they claim to be the voice of window cleaners,  as the only benefit that i seem to see is legal advice,  this might be down to the fact that the FWC has not publicised what its benefits are to me, as when i looked at the web site, i felt you was over priced for what u was offering

i also feel that it is an old window cleaners club, manily full of window cleaners who have been window cleaning for years, who dont really want change in this business dont really like newbies coming in this business as to me you seem to be a club for tradders as i think i remember right the FWC was against wfp at the start

no disrespect to you bryan, i have never met you and this isnt against you, i just feel that the if that the FWC needs bringing up to date,  prehaps new blood at the top 

i was brought up  around liverpool where everything was union this union that,  i dont like unions or federations that claim to speak for every one,  when they get there opnions from a small miniorty

i joined the guild becasue it was £20, and looked good on the web site

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 05:43:04 pm »
Bryan

Don't worry mate, some windows would just give the fed a bad name if they were members.

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 05:44:20 pm »
ur right dave i probably would ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 05:59:48 pm »
I think the fwc is too cheap and too easy to join, should make the joining criteria similar to safecontractor, then you would a truly meaningful association.

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 06:02:49 pm »
I think the fwc is too cheap and too easy to join, should make the joining criteria similar to safecontractor, then you would a truly meaningful association.

i agree,  i can see the point in joining safe contractor and the others, just cant see the point in joining the FWC,

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 06:10:56 pm »
but how do you hope to increae the membership,if you all got to have same paperwork etc to safecotractor or more.this means dave that the one man band who the fwc where hoping to attact and surport would be lost.

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 06:21:39 pm »
but how do you hope to increae the membership,if you all got to have same paperwork etc to safecotractor or more.this means dave that the one man band who the fwc where hoping to attact and surport would be lost.

they dont want the one man band to join,  they just want the big boys,  give it a few years the FWC will be pushing for licences for all window cleaners and areas,  and u can bet the FWC will get the job to hand them out,  with out one u wont be able to work, 

i am just amazed that because i dont like the FWC i must be a crap wc,

Frankybadboy

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 06:37:20 pm »
i can see dave point of view darren and why,but someone like me whos building up and would like to be part of the fwc would be put off join,just my thought and my view.

i am gald that we do have these association and the work they do.

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 06:51:17 pm »
franky

like i said these are just my opinions, but if i had been saying the guild wasnt worth joining do u think i would of been pulled up my nat, and then get told that if i was a member i would of just give it a bad name,

Frankybadboy

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 07:14:49 pm »
franky

like i said these are just my opinions, but if i had been saying the guild wasnt worth joining do u think i would of been pulled up my nat, and then get told that if i was a member i would of just give it a bad name,

::) :P

mark m

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 07:15:40 pm »
i was actually registered before that i just deleted my account, to try and stop me coming on here, but i couldnt resist it

the opnions i have are my own and if i have negative one about the FWC then i am sorry,  i just do not feel that the FWC operates in the best intrests of window cleaners, as  you only represent a small miniority of wc  but they claim to be the voice of window cleaners,  as the only benefit that i seem to see is legal advice,  this might be down to the fact that the FWC has not publicised what its benefits are to me, as when i looked at the web site, i felt you was over priced for what u was offering

i also feel that it is an old window cleaners club, manily full of window cleaners who have been window cleaning for years, who dont really want change in this business dont really like newbies coming in this business as to me you seem to be a club for tradders as i think i remember right the FWC was against wfp at the start

I am a newbee to this site and a part time window cleaner for the 2 years who is trying to get advise on lots of things thats why i joined as i am going full time next year  . I have been a builder for 26 years and a member FMB for the last 10  i have never used them and i will not be using them again . So if blue monkey does not want to be a member leave him alone we have a choice and i agree with him well said blue monkey now my names mud so what

no disrespect to you bryan, i have never met you and this isnt against you, i just feel that the if that the FWC needs bringing up to date,  prehaps new blood at the top 

i was brought up  around liverpool where everything was union this union that,  i dont like unions or federations that claim to speak for every one,  when they get there opnions from a small miniorty

i joined the guild becasue it was £20, and looked good on the web site

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 08:43:00 pm »
Frank

I would structure it so those who joined would be given help to achieve a creditation, similar to how safecontractor do.

I wouldn't care about the number of members I would care about the quality of the members.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 08:52:33 pm »
Darren

I have given the fwc an hard ride in the past, but I have never once said that joining was a waste of time, in fact I value badges very much

Never heard them talk about licensing

They are Interested in the small guy, hence the joining fee, if they were just after bigger fish, the price to join would be far higher.

Think you need to do more research !

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 08:57:13 pm »
no prob dave, i will do more research, i am not going to fall out with any one over a difference of opinion

to be honest everything to do with wc lately is annoying the hell out of me, and the FWC is probably just getting it

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 09:03:35 pm »
If they have 2000 members and soak them for £200 that's an annuall income of 400k.What on earth do they do with all that money?

It's a run for profit business isn't it? Who owns it?

Frankybadboy

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 09:05:10 pm »
Frank

I would structure it so those who joined would be given help to achieve a creditation, similar to how safecontractor do.

I wouldn't care about the number of members I would care about the quality of the members.

dave
top one i say yes.

but with the second you wouldnt have this problem if you done it as above.

but the old saying only as big as your members....

ian1972

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 09:21:21 pm »
Everyone starts small some want to stay that way others have ambition to get bigger,and from what I have seen big commercial work wants you to have the badges memberships to things like safe contractor fwc and simaler