Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Robin Ray

Prices on Website / Flyers
« on: November 06, 2010, 08:16:17 pm »
Hi Im just starting out with the carpet cleaning side of things and wondered if its a good idea putting a rough price guide on the website and on flyers. I would never dream of giving a guide for other jobs windows, gutters etc as there are just too many variables. I have always given a quotation after veiwing the job. However alot of my custys seem to want a rough guide.

What do you think ?

Part of me says its a good idea. The other tells me it a potential load of hassle.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

Re: Prices on Website / Flyers
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 08:25:22 pm »
I've never had prices listed on my sites - to my mind it takes away the clients reason to phone if you answer every question they might have on a website.

Plus, as I'm more expensive than some of my local competition, I don't want potential clients to make a decision to use me or not based on price.

Linds Russell

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 08:34:59 pm »
I'm with Steve.

Avoid publishing your prices as you may want to steadily increase them over time once you get more into it and realise what you need to turnover to be profitable.

I've had 2 price increases in 2 years and not publishing my prices made it easier.
Linds

ryan mca

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 08:38:03 pm »
Robin it really depends on how much you are going to charge and what time you have to carry out surveys if your charging lower rates put them on and price over the phone if your rates are higher dress smart get a duplicate survey book made up with t&cs go and quote.I get custys who call for a price and others usually
higher end asking if I can come and quote so really depends on your target market

derek west

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 08:56:24 pm »
are you saying that theres not many variables in carpet cleaning?

carpet type
backing type
room size
water access
floor level
parking problems
soiling levels
potential shrinkage problems
tea stains
oil stains
make up stains
seem damage
furniture to move or not
i'm sure theres more

i think you know my answer to your question

Robin Ray

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 09:02:50 pm »
are you saying that theres not many variables in carpet cleaning?

carpet type
backing type
room size
water access
floor level
parking problems
soiling levels
potential shrinkage problems
tea stains
oil stains
make up stains
seem damage
furniture to move or not
i'm sure theres more

i think you know my answer to your question

No im not saying that at all. I agree there are probibly even more variables. However many carpet cleaners have a price guide.

Robin it really depends on how much you are going to charge and what time you have to carry out surveys if your charging lower rates put them on and price over the phone if your rates are higher dress smart get a duplicate survey book made up with t&cs go and quote.I get custys who call for a price and others usually
higher end asking if I can come and quote so really depends on your target market

Im trying to stay higher end. I've always found with other work that price fishers are a problem from the start. I must say I cant see how its possible to get it right over the phone anyway.(with all the variables). I think ill stick looking at the job.

I spose your right i answered my own question ;D

Thanks

from edge2edge

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 09:24:53 pm »
Robin you could try something like Prices examples   Empty 1 bed flat £70   Empty 2 bed flat £80 Empty 3 bed terraced house £90 then just add please phone to discuss your exact requirements.Obviously as already stated it depends on your target market but you could always have 2 seemingly different sites and have 1 with price ranges and 1 without.Regards Alan(swindon) 

wynne jones

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 09:58:45 pm »
The biggest variable is.... the customer.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

from edge2edge

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 10:32:04 pm »
Very true Wynne and i divide them straight away into ringing me because they have to (end of rental) and through choice(or spillages/disaster etc).The first type just want the cheapest price to get their deposit back and dont give a flying fxxx how big your stupid machine is and how effin green your chemicals are .I try to accommodate both but much prefer the customer who is ringing me out of choice to improve their home.Regards Alan