Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dirty tricks brigade....I'm still here
« on: November 05, 2010, 06:00:11 pm »
If you happen to be a member of this forum and are responsible for contacting previous customers of mine saying that, 'We've ceased to trade and gone into administration' I'm coming to get you, trust me I WILL.
Might have got away with it if it wasn't for this particular customer also being a friend, sending me an e-mail about it.

mark_roberts

Re: Dirty tricks brigade....I'm still here
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 06:08:22 pm »
How did they get your customers details?

Name and shame.

Mark

garry22

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 06:08:53 pm »
Crikey Neil, that's naughty.

How did they get hold of your list?

Garry

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 06:24:05 pm »
Not quite sure yet, waiting on said customer/friend to receive the details who will then send them onto me.
I have a few ideas who could be behind this, namely a company not dis-similiar to the way Enterprise work but based in the Berkshire/Surrey areas. A few people who may have started up in this industry working for a franchised organisation will probably know the name, although they have a habit of doing business, going bust, then starting up again doing the same thing from the same premises but under a new name.

John Higgins

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 10:44:19 pm »
The person responsible is commiting slander and therfore you are
within your rights to sue him for any loss of income.

If the data he obtained and is using to contact your
customers was also obtained in an illigal fasion agian
you have the legal right to sue them.

Jim_77

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 11:19:03 pm »
Neil, sorry to hear you've been through this sort of thing, very sad :(

BUT... However mad you are and want to make this public, I'd be careful posting about it on here if I were you... could screw up any legal action

Adam P

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 11:25:40 pm »
seems like an odd thing to do whoever did it. can't imagine they'd get much from it, especially considering if they can't get enough work already to have to do this, how are they going to get your work when the customers think you no longer carpet clean.

good luck to you

colin thomas

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 07:30:41 am »
one of my customers told me that he had a call from someone who told him 'hi it's ian here, your carpet cleaner, just to let you know i've changed my telephone number it's xxxxxx, keep it safe for next time you need me'. he doesn't usually book me, his wife does so when he told his wife about 'ian' she tumbled that it wasn't me.  i don't think this guy is ringing my customers i think he is just ringing randomly and hoping people will think about having cleaning done or at least keep his number. his phone bill must be pretty high though if he's sitting on the 'phone calling umpteen people.

colin
colin thomas

MAX Carpets

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 07:41:04 am »
Neil

could you mail me the name so i can keep an eye out as i may be on his hit list too!

maxcarpets@hotmail.co.uk

cheers

Justin

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 08:37:08 am »
Hi Neil

I've had it all in the last year and I know exactly who did what. Trading Standards, the taxman, Yell the lot. One of the people involved is even someone I have passed worked and stood to gain nothing from their exploits but to feed their own bitter, twisted psyche.

Nearly lost my business and my family as a result. Kids lost out on a holiday. I used to help people alot, now I just help those who are genuine friends not sneaky little ar$ses who say they would say it to your face and then do it behind your back.

This is why I don't post much on forums anymore. Neil, have some excellent info for you on a mkgt front in you want to get in touch. Hope our well mate.

Pete

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 09:01:55 am »
I've worked in a few industries and carpet cleaning has by far the most helpful and the most nasty, evil people involved.

the friendship and help i have been shown has been immense, and luckily i have not suffered much from the nasty side, but I have seen some terrible examples of people purposely doing & saying things to cause trouble and harm other people business.

some people would be quite happy to fail in this business as long as everyone else fails as well....... and even if they are successful it is still not enough, they still need everyone else to fail
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

robert meldrum

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 09:29:57 am »
If you happen to be a member of this forum and are responsible for contacting previous customers of mine saying that, 'We've ceased to trade and gone into administration' I'm coming to get you, trust me I WILL.
Might have got away with it if it wasn't for this particular customer also being a friend, sending me an e-mail about it.

Neil

This is diabolical and there is really only one way to deal with such people. Some will disagree, but when anyone has been foolish enough to cause a member of our extended family grief, they have been dealt with in such a way that they fully understood they must never do so again and none ever have.

slioch

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 04:45:08 pm »
I am not a million miles away from Neil.  A couple of weeks ago I got a call from a general cleaning company asking if I had been paid for an end of let clean in Windsor as the tenant had done a bunk and not paid them. 

I said no and had not worked in Windsor for over 2 years and asked why they thought I had done the carpet clean.  They said they had been told by the tenant I had done it and showed them "my card" with my number - it had been given to them by the carpet cleaner.  Very odd.  I worry that they have nicked my details from somewhere to use my trade accreditations, customer reviews etc. and got some cards printed up - but why use my number?  Since then I have done a job in Windsor for someone who had been given my number from a card but she didn't have it to show me.

Adam P

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 04:56:22 pm »
i guess they use your number so that then when the complaint comes in then the customer will contact you. not much use i'd have thought as you could easily prove it wasn't you.

seems odd to think this stuff actually happens.

Len Gribble

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 07:40:49 pm »
I had a similar experience three Saturdays ago about 11am phone call where are you should have been here at 10 I said and you are? It appears someone is cold calling and it happened to be one of my customers anyway good new she let them in and handed the phone to them so I now know who the company are, have to say I don’t feel threatened by them as they made a right pigs breakfast of it, cleaned it last Saturday.

Pete

It wasn’t me but could have been?  I did have ago at yell how can someone live there when it’s boarded up and planning permission has been rejected 4 times? Oh it’s raised it head again news letter today
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 08:08:26 pm »
I am not a million miles away from Neil. 

Hello mate. Can you send me an e-mail to neilj96@ntlworld.com