This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

Re: Gutter vacuums again
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 01:21:21 pm »
how did the metal bands work? surely for something like that to work the bands would need to be inside the drum ?

Robin Ray

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2010, 01:35:39 pm »
We used about five 1" aluminum bands rivited around the outside and it worked perfectly. If id known what would have happened before I would have done this as a precaution or just got the dual pump machine. But they are about £300 more expensive.

simon w

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 01:44:47 pm »
You will find the quality of the eastern trading vac is not as good as the dual pump type one. We have both types. The eastern tradding type (which is also the same as the Kiam etc..) has no problem with power however on on one job the pole got blocked and the drum was sucked flat in on itself so we had to beat it out and strengthen it with metal bands.

The eastern trading/ omnipole type which is made by soteco is the best value for money when it comes to quality, even so the trolley is flimsey and the origional inlet is not up to the job.

Robin can you give an example of a gutter vac that has a duel pump? if so could you post a link for me to look at

Thanks

Robin Ray

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 01:58:51 pm »
Robin can you give an example of a gutter vac that has a duel pump? if so could you post a link for me to look at

Thanks

The machine has not got "duel pumps" it is sold by a company called Dual Pumps. It is a three motor 3600w wet ad dry vacuum. If you look up Dual Pumps you will find it on one of their PDF catalogues.

Omnipole also sell the same machinebut it has been pre adapted as a gutter vac and it has 3 1500w motors and therfore 4500w . This isnt nessesary really and it means you cant plug it into 1 plug.

rumple90

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 02:01:10 pm »
Spoke to Jan @ Techclean yesterday,she said they are looking to supply poles for vac now.

Robin Ray

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 02:14:07 pm »
Their vac looks good the trolly looks sturdy and its a good price too.

Dave Willis

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2010, 04:47:44 pm »
That's interesting about the drum - I've just found out that my new Eastern Vac motor top fits my old Omnivac style drum.  :)
I now have a more compact vac that shouldn't suck flat.