This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Gutter vacuums again
« on: November 05, 2010, 10:41:50 am »
How many of you are using this one?

http://www.easterntrading.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=30

I've just ordered one, since my one that came from dualpumps (same as omnivac used to use) has fallen apart. For the money I thought it was rubbish to be honest.Yes it worked fine but the quality of the plastic and the trolley were very poor in my opinon.

Andy@w.c.s

Re: Gutter vacuums again
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 11:53:48 am »
ordered mine yesterday and am now at home waiting for the delivery  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 11:54:44 am »
should have said its the eastern trading one ;)

Lee Pryor

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 02:31:53 pm »
you should have gone for the one from tech clean, its more powerfull, better built and £250 cheaper. although I do like the water drain hose on that one.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 02:41:49 pm »
Cheaper than Eastern Trading?
Don't think so, but I may well have gone for it if I'd known a few hours ago  ::)

http://www.tech-clean.co.uk/industrial_wet_dry_vacuum_cleaners.htm

Lee Pryor

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 02:55:21 pm »
I do think so mate, if you ask them for a discount they will sell that to you for £391.00 including vat and shipping. its a much better machine.

Alan McTernan

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 04:31:20 pm »
Hi Guys,

We use the Tech-Clean vac with our own modified poles ;) and the vac is brilliant (even though i dropped it down some stairs last year) and we use it for sucking up sludge and water when PW!!!

And Jan @ Tech-Clean is great to deal with ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 07:13:03 pm »
Well the Eastern Trading vac arrived today and apart from being a bit on the large side it seems fine. Quite similar to the old omnivac/dualpumps one I had before. £299 delivered, hopefully it will last long enough to make money  :)

JSMC

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 08:38:54 pm »
eastern trading are getting 110v machines mid december. who else sells 110v machines

Perfect Windows

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 08:29:02 pm »
eastern trading are getting 110v machines mid december. who else sells 110v machines

Tech clean do 110v and 240v.

I ordered the 110v today.

Vin

concept

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 09:12:51 pm »
isnt the tubing and port a bit small for gutter use?

Perfect Windows

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 09:27:30 pm »
I'll be finding out, I guess, though the guy I know who uses it has no problems.

Vin

windiewasher

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 07:37:18 am »
isit 37mm?
I'll be finding out, I guess, though the guy I know who uses it has no problems.

Vin
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 08:24:48 am »
It is.

I'll create a proper review once I've had my hands on it.

Vin

windiewasher

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 08:27:33 am »
look forward to it m8
what poles you using for it pal?
It is.

I'll create a proper review once I've had my hands on it.

Vin
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

simon w

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 11:33:58 am »
you should have gone for the one from tech clean, its more powerfull, better built and £250 cheaper. although I do like the water drain hose on that one.

Yes but the techclean one doesn't come with aluminium suction tubing like the Eastern Trading machine does, not convinced that swinging 30 feet of regular 50mm suction hose around on the end of a water fed pole is going to be as easy or efficient.

simon w

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 11:36:47 am »

Will be interested to hear how you get on with the Eastern Trading machine I'm waiting for the 110v version which will be available in December

Lee Pryor

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 12:52:51 pm »

Yes but the techclean one doesn't come with aluminium suction tubing like the Eastern Trading machine does, not convinced that swinging 30 feet of regular 50mm suction hose around on the end of a water fed pole is going to be as easy or efficient.

The rest of the kit can be bought separatly elswhere, we had the full omni vac kit and now after 3 years the vac has died and we will be ordering the tech clean one this week, which was recomended to me by nigel at clean glass uk who has had the eastern one and now has tech clean and recons it is much better built and more powerfull.

simon w

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 10:35:59 am »

Tech clean do 110v and 240v.

I ordered the 110v today.

Vin

Hi Vin.

Has your 110v Tech Clean vac arrived yet? and what poles are you planning to use with it? I'm thinking of doing the same and ordering 40 feet of aluminium suction hose from ebay if it's compatible and will fit the Tech Clean machine? How much of the 50mm Vac hose do you get supplied with the machine if any?

Simon

Robin Ray

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 01:06:53 pm »
You will find the quality of the eastern trading vac is not as good as the dual pump type one. We have both types. The eastern tradding type (which is also the same as the Kiam etc..) has no problem with power however on on one job the pole got blocked and the drum was sucked flat in on itself so we had to beat it out and strengthen it with metal bands.

The eastern trading/ omnipole type which is made by soteco is the best value for money when it comes to quality, even so the trolley is flimsey and the origional inlet is not up to the job.