This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

back support
« on: November 04, 2010, 04:15:03 pm »
been advised to get back support if i want to carry on wc as next step for my back is injections,  does any one lse use a back support and have you got a link

dave0123

Re: back support
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 04:46:00 pm »
No i don't but i could do with something as my back just aches anyway now and then from siatica.

There is a fella round here that has his bucket on belt on a boxing suport belt?
Dave.

edward1

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 04:58:23 pm »
what sort of injections?
you dont want that ,yry the support

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 05:02:44 pm »
its to do with the disc and facet joints in pelvis,   then want to inject the disc or something , they cant inject the facet joints, so will do something to the nerve so i dont feel the pain

edward1

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 05:14:27 pm »
so you wont feel the pain but the damage may get worse.
think about what you are doing mate .
get someone in to help you and knock up some more work to cover the pay .
best of luck to you .

Simon Brannon

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 05:28:39 pm »
Hi

I use one that an osteopath recommended - its called VULKAN back support brace ( like a wrap around  elasticated material ) and its very good.

Google it - theres loads on there from £ 12.99 - £34.99

Good luck

Simon

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 06:15:16 pm »
been advised to get back support if i want to carry on wc as next step for my back is injections,  does any one lse use a back support and have you got a link

I did use one temporarily some years ago.  It was just a stopgap until my lower back pain got better (acupuncture sorted it out).
I know it may not be much consolation but if you do buy a back support so that you can work, it is a tax deductible item.  Medical care isn't tax deductible but a medical appliance is.  Check with your accountant in case that rule has changed since the mid 90s.

dd

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 07:28:20 pm »
Trying accupunture seems welll worth a go.

Dave Anderson

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 10:32:27 pm »
I use one of those velcro wrap around belts....it's well worth it for me...
The more I know the less I know I know ...

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 11:15:25 pm »
Have you got previous heavy manual work as a cause or just recent work?,only asking this as if you have history of aggravating these joints/discs then you need to take this seriously. Maybe back to trad cleaning
  A bloke i know well has been going 11 years trad,running an 09 transit van(no signwriting),thinks wfp is complete crap/nonsense,he works with 2 helpers(probably,not definitely, cash lads). He gets to stroll about cleaning downstairs windows and collecting money if the customer is in.No,he isnt strolling about he is doing plenty he just makes it look easy. I watched his team this week going down the road my mother lives in, bungalows,many are dormer. They were like poetry in motion,carefully watched them clean the leaded dormer across the road,£8,i would want £12.Gutted i didn`t time it but it was quick,i estimate 6 mins max and saw him get the money.Couldn`t fault the cleaning methods it was just fast and slick. At a very conservative estimate they are running  at £50/hr. 6 hr day gives £300,£50 each for the lads(maybe more),thats £200 notes cash for the boss. Alright maybe not every day is like that but if he isn`t grossing £700 a week for himself i will eat my hat,nice bloke and a grafter  he seems to have his head screwed on right in my opinion. Point i am trying to make is he can probably control or put a limit on how much exertion his back might be taking as he pleases whilst still enjoying a very good income.