Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Gourlay

credit card readers
« on: November 04, 2010, 11:08:15 am »
As I have not been working this week ,  been drugged up this week with pain killers I had a guy come round with a credit/debit card reader

The deal is about £40 a month including VAT

35p  on debit cards 2.4% on credit cards
Money in bank in three days and once accepted you know money is good .

You can also do customer not present transactions

How does this compare with other companies.

I was also surprised about low amount for Credit Cards as companies such as Alltec charge a premium for using Credit Cards way above 2.4%

ianharper

Re: credit card readers
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 11:12:13 am »
thats a big change Ian the used to make you wait 30 days giving the reason that if you did a bad job and the customer wants a refund its less of a risk for the card people!

Paul Heath

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 02:52:35 pm »
We use 123 send. Its £10 per month for your account with streamline then they charge £17.50 for mobile terminal including minutes. Works out £10 a week cheaper than the chap who came round !

Steve Chapman

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 04:37:57 pm »
I posted a while ago about Adelante, who provide software for mobiles, it's been workin fine for me on iPhone, costing about £15 a month at the moment, money in account in 3 days, no problems so far, it's a good alternative I think and no additional hardware to cart around,

Regards
Steve

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 04:54:57 pm »
thats a big change Ian the used to make you wait 30 days giving the reason that if you did a bad job and the customer wants a refund its less of a risk for the card people!

Dont know what planet youve been on Ian, but thats never been the case as far as Im concerned. Used different mobile terminals for years and they have always been 3 to 5 days, more so 3 days now.

Mark

SteveAllan

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 04:56:01 pm »
I agree Steve, i went for that option after reading your post, its brilliant, so conveinent, no more cheques to bounce :)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 07:21:25 pm »
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 08:41:44 am »
We use 123 send. Its £10 per month for your account with streamline then they charge £17.50 for mobile terminal including minutes. Works out £10 a week cheaper than the chap who came round !

Is that including VAT

Paul Heath

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 07:45:45 pm »
No that is plus VAT, which if your registered you claim it back

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 07:53:22 pm »
Has anyone tried using the pay pal system

It apears customer gives  you card details you go home and do it on home computer cost 3.5%

Again i have used a similar idea in past with other companies I have been agent for but I do not think customers are so trusting with the information these days