Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: working the referrals -
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2010, 06:54:42 am »
Ewan was just a joke i slipped in, it has no bearing on the question.I haven't given you any subtle clues.Your answers are quite close, but not correct.

Knock yourself out ;D

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2010, 07:04:04 pm »
Bump.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2010, 07:35:54 pm »
"In a moment, I'm going to ask you the way to the city.  Which way will you say it is?"

The truth teller knows he will tell you the truth and is truthful about it, so he points to the city..

The liar knows that he will lie and point away from the city when you ask him in a moment, so he lies and thus also points to the city.

Vin

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2010, 07:47:47 pm »
I've never heard this answer before .I've thought it through and it does sound right.

chopsie

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2010, 07:51:21 pm »
no it dont, It means you will have to ask another question, and u only get one question!!
chopsie

Perfect Windows

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2010, 08:40:59 pm »
no it dont, It means you will have to ask another question, and u only get one question!!

Nope - you simply say the exact words I have posted above.  You don't ask another question, you just go the way he points in answer to the question asked.

Vin

chopsie

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2010, 08:45:21 pm »
But you do not know if the person you are asking is a liar or a truth teller, so you would have to ask the question again to confirm the answer  ???
chopsie

Perfect Windows

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2010, 08:47:17 pm »
I've never heard this answer before .I've thought it through and it does sound right.

See, I don't just think outside the box, I think outside the outside of the box.  Or is that back inside?

Vin

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2010, 08:51:42 pm »
Here's another.

A window cleaner is stareing at a picture in fed news.He says to his mate, i haven't got any brothers or sisters but that mans father is my fathers son.

Who is he?

Perfect Windows

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2010, 08:52:37 pm »
But you do not know if the person you are asking is a liar or a truth teller, so you would have to ask the question again to confirm the answer  ???

If you're speaking to the truth teller, then he knows that if you ask him in a moment where the city is, he'll point towards it.  He's a truth teller, so he tells you the truth and points towards the city.

If he's the liar, then he knows that if you ask him in a moment which way was the way to the city, he'll point away from it.  He's a liar, so he lies about lying next time and points towards it.  (The thought process in his head is "OK, so if I was aked in a moment which is the way to the city, I'd point away from it.  I have to lie about that, so I need to point towards the city")

Either way, the person ends up pointing towards the city in response to one question.

I think.

Vin

chopsie

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2010, 08:57:21 pm »
ahhhhh I see said the blind man to his  deaf dog  :-[
chopsie

chopsie

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2010, 08:58:58 pm »
Here's another.

A window cleaner is stareing at a picture in fed news.He says to his mate, i haven't got any brothers or sisters but that mans father is my fathers son.

Who is he?
Is it a picture of himself?
chopsie

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2010, 09:03:49 pm »
The theory side is a double negative- which in maths, logic, and english language becomes a positive.

plus times plus equals plus

negative times negative equals plus

Not himself no

ant french

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2010, 09:03:49 pm »
i just think of a price for the custy and then add 10% to it and when they agree i said if you get me more customers ill give u 10% off your bill each months for as long as they stay with me. so far i had 3 up takes lol

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2010, 09:20:46 pm »
That's good ant.
a bit complex and you have no method for delivering the message.

So, it's half an answer.

chopsie

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2010, 09:56:29 pm »
I give up my head hurts. I have heard this one before too.
I think you do all of the above for your business slumps, I recon thats the answer to  building up a business. i.e website, flyers, dicount for referrals etc etc
chopsie

ant french

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2010, 10:00:39 pm »
nah because on the bottom of my fliers/leaflets wot eva u wanna call them i have 10% discount to all referals, we all know if ppl think there getting something for free or a discount they will dive on in without thinking. but i quite like that free bottle of wine, u can get a bottle of australian wine for 3 quid and you just add the 3 quid to the bill ;D. i have even added to the bottom of other flyers for diff areas free one off clean for refurals. lol mad i know but that word free is powerfull  ;D