Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

suds window service

Re: working the referrals -
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 09:33:58 pm »
its the vino for us too

have you had much success with this?
depends if you lke vino lol :o

mark mann

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 08:04:59 am »
Funny you ask about this mark because this is my field and i read the reply's with interest.

Your theory side was good, doubling your customer base, and it's fairly easy to do. You just have to know how.If it were known on an open forum everyone would do it.So keep thinking and when the light bulb comes on in your head, that's it, you're pretty much king of the world.

Except of course if you ever spell it out on here.

im intrigued and enthised by the prospect there is a quicker way - guessing you wont reveal on forum but give us a clue has it been mentioned on any threads in this post ?  ;D
an optimist takes the tartare sauce with him when he goes fishing -

mark mann

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 08:10:09 am »
ona  2-3 hours stint canvassing door knocking - i get between 0 and 3 customers and may be the odd quote which mostly never go anywhere even tho i know my prices are fair and quite reasonable
Now there's a quandry. If you're getting quotes and they're going no where that should set an alarm bell ringing. Its ok you knowing your prices are reasonable and fair but if your potential customers don't, then your wasting your time and theirs. Try experimenting with your prices in different areas/streets /roads. You will find that if you can get a lot together its suprising how low you can go and still ahcieve a fantastic hourly rate. Try not to take to much notice of what guys tell you should be the price of a house on here, ask your potential customers what they would like to pay. If its lower than you thought maybe suggest you could do it for that price if they got a few neighbours together and they all had it done.
 I know i'd sooner pull in a close and do four houses for £9 each, rather than do one at what i thought was the 'correct price' at £14. There are no rules, you just gotta get what you can get however you get it.
-

i have thought about this for the very reason you say here - but now ive got my speed up i find on many houses i do i can spend a fair time feed hose round back of property and feeding it back up before i wind in - so if i were doing a a 14 pounder but charging 9 id perhaps have to get my speed up a bit more - also if i started doing that pricing a 14 at 9 for example the ones on at 14 already in the same road, what would you do about the original 14 pounders, drop thier price too?
an optimist takes the tartare sauce with him when he goes fishing -

mikecam

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 08:27:02 pm »
ona  2-3 hours stint canvassing door knocking - i get between 0 and 3 customers and may be the odd quote which mostly never go anywhere even tho i know my prices are fair and quite reasonable
Now there's a quandry. If you're getting quotes and they're going no where that should set an alarm bell ringing. Its ok you knowing your prices are reasonable and fair but if your potential customers don't, then your wasting your time and theirs. Try experimenting with your prices in different areas/streets /roads. You will find that if you can get a lot together its suprising how low you can go and still ahcieve a fantastic hourly rate. Try not to take to much notice of what guys tell you should be the price of a house on here, ask your potential customers what they would like to pay. If its lower than you thought maybe suggest you could do it for that price if they got a few neighbours together and they all had it done.
 I know i'd sooner pull in a close and do four houses for £9 each, rather than do one at what i thought was the 'correct price' at £14. There are no rules, you just gotta get what you can get however you get it.
-

i have thought about this for the very reason you say here - but now ive got my speed up i find on many houses i do i can spend a fair time feed hose round back of property and feeding it back up before i wind in - so if i were doing a a 14 pounder but charging 9 id perhaps have to get my speed up a bit more - also if i started doing that pricing a 14 at 9 for example the ones on at 14 already in the same road, what would you do about the original 14 pounders, drop thier price too?
No, i would imagine most of us have 'good' priced work and 'low' priced work. I wouldn't suggest lowering the existing prices, but if you're canvassing new work in new areas/streets and quoting and people are thinking its too high, then try to negotiate with them, ask them what price they where thinking of . Get to a price you can try. If they're thinking its to high and you need more work there has to be a compromise somewhere, something you can try?
 Also if you're new to WFP your speed will drastically improve. Every time you pull that reel in and put it in the van its costs you, try to do it as little as possible.
Crude example.....we just recently canvassed a close and got about every other house. Quoted one guy £13 and he said no, he wanted to only pay a tenner. Told him no go. When we finished and we sorted that we got most of the houses we went back and agreed the tenner with him. Its money lost if we don't do it,just give him a tenners worth. Don't put obstacles in your way, just go clean get the money !!!

Spruce

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 08:44:05 pm »
Hi
Got me thinking as well.
'
'What would happen if you got customer 'A' for £10.00 for example and then offered them a 'deal' at £9.00 providing your customer can get you 1 or 2 of his neighbours?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

mikecam

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 08:58:56 pm »
Hi
Got me thinking as well.
'
'What would happen if you got customer 'A' for £10.00 for example and then offered them a 'deal' at £9.00 providing your customer can get you 1 or 2 of his neighbours?
Just go straight in with a tenner quote, and say you can do it at that price if they get a few of the neighbours too. Saves you canvassing. You'll find out one way or the other.And no one can canvass as good as a neighbour. Just got to be open to any ways of getting business.

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2010, 11:07:06 pm »
You are remarkably similar to me mark, i post a question on here and then keep banging on.Usually i don't a get a very good answer but it kicks my own brain into gear.I'm also a bit of an obsessive compulsive.I won't stop and my brain whirrs.

The funny thing is that when you find the answer no one believes you.

There is often more than one answer, and there are some very clever guys on this forum.As well as info from this forum i also read business books and try to apply this where i can.There is no information i have that hasn't been mentioned as a possibility on this thread.It's easy for me because i know the answer, but the best analogy i can come up with is the famous logic question.You are in a land of liars (hard to imagine i know). and you need to get to a city that is either left or right at a crossroads and there is a citizen you can ask, let's call him something random like Ewan.Now what question(one question only) do you ask Ewan to find out for definte which way the city is?

If you can figure this out you are probably smart enough to suss what i have done and there is a certain similarity.I' m not going to tell you anyway- but i will answer the logic problem if no one can solve it.

Silver Surfer

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2010, 11:27:25 pm »
Tie him up.....take him  with you,and tell him if he has lyed to you,you'll bust a cap in his arse ;D ;D

chopsie

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2010, 11:41:00 pm »
ask him if he is a bummer tied to a tree
chopsie

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2010, 11:43:40 pm »
As rumplestiltskin once said, i'm think i'm pretty certain my secrets safe on this one lads. ;D

chopsie

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2010, 11:46:39 pm »
If its a land of liars, ask him if left is the way to the certain city and if he says yes go right, if he says no go left. Am i right?
chopsie

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2010, 11:51:31 pm »
typical ashbourne wit ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2010, 11:55:53 pm »
Yes you are right chopsie.

But it's thirty years since i did this and i just figured out i got the question wrong.There are in fact two types of people who live there, some tell the truth all of the time, and some lie all of the time.The citizen is still called Ewan.

What question do you ask him to be certain where the city is?

Sorry makes me look a bit thick now.

chopsie

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2010, 12:00:10 am »
is this an additional question to ask him or just one question i can ask?
chopsie

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2010, 12:03:07 am »
one question only.

chopsie

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2010, 12:03:26 am »
and its chopsie, not cozy  ::)  ;D
chopsie

chopsie

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2010, 12:05:26 am »
chopsie

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2010, 12:07:17 am »
Thats two you've got right. (amended)

chopsie

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2010, 12:09:45 am »
if his name is ewan, I would say, Hey ewan is it left to the city , If he is a liar he would say, my names not ewan, the city is left (so i would go right) if he says yes turn left, then i would go left as he tells the truth. But all this presumes I already know his name?
chopsie

chopsie

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2010, 12:12:22 am »
Thats two you've got right. (amended)
was it placed as a subtle clue?
chopsie