This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ronnie paton

do residential customers want......
« on: November 03, 2010, 08:36:54 pm »
want a personal touch

I feel the more i dont go out and the bigger i get the less residential customers stick around?

or could it just be the bad times and be reading the script wrong.

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: do residential customers want......
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 08:39:26 pm »
cud be yr too dear ronnie lol ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

ronnie paton

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 08:41:43 pm »
could be but my prices are no more than they were for the last five years and iv only noticed since employing

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 08:49:02 pm »
could your employes not be cleaning to your standard

ronnie paton

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 09:03:52 pm »
The trouble is ronnie that the average domestic customer,imo,likes the "personal touch".They feel like that personal service is what it is all about.....but you have to move forward in the direction that you see fit for your own business.
I still like to collect with my customers,not because anything other than it helps me to stay in touch with them (when im working...lol)....otherwise sometimes i would not see certain customers probably for months if not years.It is all about how you percieve your own business,and lets be honest from where i am sitting you seem to have done well for your efforts.
 :)

thank you dan and i hear what your saying, i dont want to lose touch with residential and its good for cash flow.

it could be there not up to my standards but i dont have the problem with the commercial they do?

the problem with staff is they dont see what you see they dont care like you do even if you deduct money send them back or give them a rollicking........so what do you do?

ian1972

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 10:54:32 pm »
Simple answer employeys don't do same job as u would do thry don't care enough and why should they they don't earn the same as you do it's a fact no1 takes pride in there work

ronnie paton

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 10:55:22 am »
Simple answer employeys don't do same job as u would do thry don't care enough and why should they they don't earn the same as you do it's a fact no1 takes pride in there work
Thats rubbish.

i mean ye  so they wont earn has much has me but if they want a job theyll do it properly or ill find someone, jobs are not easy to come accross.

if this what is happening i will sack them.

my brother in law is 22 he works for jjb does all the hours god sends and is so dedicated all for  near min wage, some people appreciate the chance to work.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 11:05:25 am »
I'm sorry to say that it's a fact that no employee will work as hard as you do - or its very rare. I was a lazy sod when I was an employee and now I work like a lunatic. If it's for you it's different.

Come across another window cleaner and a roofer who now have employees working for them and both said that whilst their work was OK they were really rude and 'offish' sometimes.

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 11:28:08 am »
employees enver work as ahrd as you, as it isnt there business  and all they want is there wages at end of the week/month

Sean Dyer

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 11:43:34 am »
Thats rubbish.

i mean ye  so they wont earn has much has me but if they want a job theyll do it properly or ill find someone, jobs are not easy to come accross.

if this what is happening i will sack them.

my brother in law is 22 he works for jjb does all the hours god sends and is so dedicated all for  near min wage, some people appreciate the chance to work.

employ your bro in law mate, sounds a good un lol

C.C.S.

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 01:30:43 pm »
i have a customer that i do every 6 months ,gutters cleared & cleaned.his window cleaner took someone on in the last few months and has been sending him the do the windows.he said he was ok with the normal window cleaner but his lad is more on the phone than cleaning and the quality of the clean isn't as previous .so he said he's giving him one more chance and if still not happy he''ll call me to do it.now if it was me i wouldn't want to lose a customer like him,very friendly and reliable.although the job i do is £55 and takes me 1 hour and 15 min he always give me £60.plus he got some work from his neighbours worth about £200.
so i'm still thinking if i'm going to take someone to help me .i'll probably going to let him work with me but not on his own