Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

markd34

custom remote control
« on: November 03, 2010, 07:06:44 pm »
I have just recently had a remote control unit fitted to my scorpion by the lads at Red Tower it switches each vac and pump on seperately, they can do most mods to most machines ie. auto pump and auto dump it works really well i am very pleased with it.
So a big thankyou to Red Tower.

derek west

Re: custom remote control
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 07:32:03 pm »
do they do truckmounts? switch on, accelerater, and acid rinse on off. thats all i need really. reckon it would save me 5 mins per hour.

markd34

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 07:39:43 pm »
yes it can be done there email address is orrraxx@tiscali.co.uk

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 09:55:28 pm »
I use a set of 3 remotes from BandQ for each of the 2 cables and inline heater on the third remote.
Cost £20
Works fine switching 2 vacs on or pump and 1 vac. No problems.

Have you got the auto fill and auto dump???????

markd34

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 10:19:26 pm »
Hi Joe
My scorpion has auto fill and auto dump on a float switch  and a heater  on 3 leads run by remote if I used b&q remotes it would trip the electric.

clinton

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 10:48:36 pm »
Think your right they all switch on at the same time with the b and q remotes?

markd34

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 11:12:30 pm »
Yes that's what I found but with this it's neater and you select the vacs 1 at a time so you don't have to use all 3 if you don't want to.

Joe H

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 06:40:34 am »
Mark
Be interested to see photos of the auto fill and auto dump - any chance of getting them up on here.

Re Remote Control
They dont all switch on at the same time - unless YOU press all the buttons at the same time, which would be foolish.

What did I say in my post????

Works fine switching 2 vacs on or pump and 1 vac. No problems.

On the Scorpion, as you probably know, one cable feeds 2 vacs, one cable feeds the pump and 1 vac.
Thats two separate plugs to 2 separate sockets, 2 separate remote on/offs.
The inline heater is a 3rd cable, again separate plug, separate socket, separate remote on/off.

Not yet tripped any electrics. There are more then a few Scorpion users doing it this way, and at £20.

markd34

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 07:09:34 am »
Joe I will try put pics on tonight if I can't I will send them to your email.
As for the remote it's very neat and I am very happy with it and if your happy with your set up we are both happy.

markd34

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 08:49:13 am »
The other thing with my remote is it looks more proffesional where as the B&Q ones they are available to the customer too bit like turning up with a rug doctor.

Colin Day

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 09:09:32 am »
What's wrong with a Rug Doctor ???

;D ;D ;D

Joe H

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 01:44:23 pm »
I reckon thats what you really got, Colin, and you tell us you have a Ferrari red Alltec   ;D

Paul Simpson

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 03:50:05 pm »
I was interested in the auto fill/dump that Solutions do but its a lot of money (approx. £700) to save 5-10 minutes per hour so I fitted a £10 float valve to the inside of my Scorpion, attach hose to it and then to your water supply  - Autofill sorted.
And use an old length of vacuum hose from the waste outlet to a drainage point  Auto dump sorted. Well kinda  ;D
Still have to stop when its full and open the waste outlet to allow it to empty but takes about 30 secs.

markd34

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 04:44:58 pm »
I just like the peace of mind knowing it pumps out on it's own and the price isn't as much as you think.