This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Should their be a national uk license?

Yes
No

formb

Should there be a national uk license?
« on: November 03, 2010, 05:47:55 pm »
HAHA

formb

Re: Should their be a national uk license?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 05:48:47 pm »
Sorry llaaww had to.........

Llaaww

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 05:49:14 pm »
got my vote in ;D
if it is dirty it is fair game

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 05:50:33 pm »
I voted no because I don't want a licensing scheme.  However, if one were ever forced upon us, I would want it to be national.

formb

Re: Should there be a national uk license? New
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 06:37:09 pm »
This is a topic that has been getting to me in recent months. I have never been that bothered how my job is perceived by others, that's not my issue with the licence.

My main problem with the current Scottish licence system is that

a) it only covers your area, so if you want for example to move from shire to city you need a second licence.

2) it is never actively enforced. Sure you can grass folk up but that goes against my moral fibre and would probably create more problems than it would solve  (although I am aware of people who have been arrested for having no licence, not grassed up by me I might add)   

and d) Punters are largely unaware that a licence is needed to operate as a window cleaner thereby rendering the whole thing pointless.

I have been considering taking on my local council and trying to bring about some reform. I know you lads south of the border will probably not be interested in licensing but what about other licensed window cleaners? Surely it gets to you that you stay legit then lose a job to a snivelling slimy dole cheating punk?