This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Wc Solutions

should uk have licenses ....
« on: November 03, 2010, 01:24:25 pm »
as above, i personally think its time the uk did the same as the scots and sorted these licenses out.

should i start a poll to see what everyone thinks?

and

should us wc be doing something to support the idea for the uk?

im just sick of seeing soooooooooo many cowboys going around now.

it doesnt matter what vehicle you us for work (yes a signwritten motor looks more pro)

but today i saw a wc in a rust bucket red ford sierra - which is ok but he had no roof rack! driving with one hand and holding his ladder and step ladders with his other hand from the sun roof!

formb

Re: should uk have licenses ....
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 01:37:11 pm »
Being based in Scotland I have always had a licence. Most Jock window cleaners will tell you "it's a waste of time/money" and "it's an unfair system"

I personally think it's a good idea for reasons you have pointed out.

BUT

It a) needs to be national 2) needs to be enforced properly and d) punters need to be aware that the licences exist.

Otherwise it is just going to be dole monkeys arguing the toss with the local council on the off chance someone grasses them up (an argument that at present in Scotland the dm will most likely win).

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 01:38:31 pm »
yes i think it would be good but how would this be enforced , you will still get the cowboys no matter what is done .
where theres muck theres money

cozy

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 01:41:54 pm »
You can't even get people in UK to pay road tax, how are they going to enforce it?

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 01:43:07 pm »
I dont think it will produce what we need. Just a kwango to make money.

wightsurf

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 04:58:50 pm »
Waste of money if you ask me. If they are on Dole and cleaning windows they are all ready cheating the system.Do you really think a license is going to stop them NO!
They are out there so what , it's not stopped me building a nice round .

clearlyclean

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 05:06:39 pm »
No,there will always be them that duck below the system and clean for a fiver

Richard 01903

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 05:08:34 pm »
Waste of time . It wont stop the bucket and sponge boys !! ???
You cant change the PAST But you can influence the FUTURE

sgibsoncleaning

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 05:08:39 pm »
benn posted on here hundreds of times in theory its a great idea, but how many scots have been asked to show their licence, how many customers care, most custies dont care who they employ as  long as they are cheap
we would pay the money and get nothing back for it

mci services

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 05:11:55 pm »
No,there will always be them that duck below the system and clean for a fiver

hey I have a license ??? I like my fiver jobs ;D

seriously I can't bothered listing all the reasons its a bad idea as I replied to this about 20 times in the last year

formb

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 05:23:10 pm »
seriously I can't bothered listing all the reasons its a bad idea as I replied to this about 20 times in the last year

It's not a bad idea, it's a good idea handled badly.

Look at taxi licensing, you still get dodgy minicab drivers but because the public are on the most part aware of the licensing law the sensible ones will avoid the dodgers or at the very least can make an informed decision. If someone is willing to pay an idiot who is driving around holding their ladder through their sunroof, then idiots will continue to drive around holding their ladder through their sunroof. No licence will stop that but would you really want that persons custom anyway?

If a similar licensing law was introduced and a) made national 2) enforced and d) the public were made aware of it, it could work.

Not necessarily saying it would work for every window cleaner everywhere but it would be an improvement to the half arsed attempt up we have here and the.. well.. nothing that they have down there.

A step in the right direction perhaps?

mci services

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 05:36:53 pm »
perhaps but the chances of a politician achieving what you suggest is unlikely, I would love it if the scrapped the current license in favour of a national license as then I would not need half a dozen licenses to travel more than 20 minutes

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 05:39:09 pm »
as above, i personally think its time the uk did the same as the scots and sorted these licenses out.

and

it doesnt matter what vehicle you us for work (yes a signwritten motor looks more pro)

but today i saw a wc in a rust bucket red ford sierra - which is ok but he had no roof rack! driving with one hand and holding his ladder and step ladders with his other hand from the sun roof!

I don't agree with licensing myself.
As for what someone drives - we all have to start somewhere.  I do agree that no roof rack is pretty stupid and dangerous though - but I don't see how a licensing scheme would prevent that.  There are already plenty of driving laws in place to nick someone for doing what he did.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 05:40:59 pm »
Being based in Scotland I have always had a licence. Most Jock window cleaners will tell you "it's a waste of time/money" and "it's an unfair system"

BUT

It a) needs to be national 2) needs to be enforced properly and d) punters need to be aware that the licences exist.

Otherwise it is just going to be dole monkeys arguing the toss with the local council on the off chance someone grasses them up (an argument that at present in Scotland the dm will most likely win).

I'm sat here wondering what comes next in the sequence  a),   2),   d).

formb

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 05:44:15 pm »
perhaps but the chances of a politician achieving what you suggest is unlikely, I would love it if the scrapped the current license in favour of a national license as then I would not need half a dozen licenses to travel more than 20 minutes

It's not in the politicians hands in Scotland, it's the head of law and administration at the local councils that run it, and councillors that came up with it.

If everyone in favour of a national licence wrote a letter to their MP or MSP outlining why it's a good idea and how much it could raise for local councils, I don't see why they would choose to ignore it.

formb

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 05:45:00 pm »

BUT

I'm sat here wondering what comes next in the sequence  a),   2),   d).

Obviously it would be 4.7)

Llaaww

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 05:45:53 pm »
I do wish you lads would shut upabout licencing in england.

I did have a long rant, but seem to have got it off my chest. If there is a poll my vote will be firmly no.

if it is dirty it is fair game

mikecam

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 06:35:37 pm »

and

Why not join the police instead, or the local council enforcement, trading standards or someone of that ilk if you're so concerned about what other people are doing? You could be a valued member of your local comunity helping to stamp out no gooders !!!